[AppleTV2] A fast way to scrape...
I found this cool tip to scrape movies in 3 seconds, assuming you have set a scraper eg: TheMovieDB or IMDB

1- Go in file mode under your Library
2- Hold the select button for a few seconds on the movie you want
3- It will automatically connect to the scraper and download the information

I think this is faster then scanning for new content through Samba, which takes couple of minutes to find one or new movie Smile

Regards,
Isn't it then just showing you the info that has already been scraped before? Huh
R0MSTER Wrote:I found this cool tip to scrape movies in 3 seconds, assuming you have set a scraper eg: TheMovieDB or IMDB

1- Go in file mode under your Library
2- Hold the select button for a few seconds on the movie you want
3- It will automatically connect to the scraper and download the information

I think this is faster then scanning for new content through Samba, which takes couple of minutes to find one or new movie Smile

Regards,

Essentially all your doing is adding the movie to the database manually... scanning for new content does it in bulk, if it's such an issue why not look at the auto scan addon?
I don't see why it should be faster, because in all the cases, if you use samba shares, it will have to detect the new files in it.
If you do so on a file, it will only scrap for one file (and if it doesn't find it, you will be able to manually change the name to look for).
And there is multiple new files, you will have from there, to do it again for each of them.

The best thing in my opinion is to let the scan on XBMC startup (configured when adding the share), because you can still browse your files within this time.
Or when you are at the root of your library, hold select and choose "scan for new content" if your are in file mode or "update library" if you are in library mode.

For me the main slow things in all the cases is the Internet connection, it can take up to 2 minutes to scrap one movie! Confused
Roums Wrote:I don't see why it should be faster, because in all the cases, if you use samba shares, it will have to detect the new files in it.
If you do so on a file, it will only scrap for one file (and if it doesn't find it, you will be able to manually change the name to look for).
And there is multiple new files, you will have from there, to do it again for each of them.

The best thing in my opinion is to let the scan on XBMC startup (configured when adding the share), because you can still browse your files within this time.
Or when you are at the root of your library, hold select and choose "scan for new content" if your are in file mode or "update library" if you are in library mode.

For me the main slow things in all the cases is the Internet connection, it can take up to 2 minutes to scrap one movie! Confused

With my method it just scans one movie and right away it is in your database manually, within 3 seconds, connects to IMDB and voila, i was so amazed how fast it was...

Regards,
bircoe Wrote:If it's such an issue why not look at the auto scan addon?

AFAIK Autoscan only works for local drives.
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] A fast way to scrape...0