Advice on my HTPC build.
What about this case?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aplus-CS-160-Bla...476&sr=8-1

The feet look a bit naff but you could replace them.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
The looks is ok, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to support an extension card Wink
LoLrenX Wrote:I will probably go for win then, which will be less of a hassle according to my skills Smile

You think WIN7 will be easier to install than OpenELEC? Laugh
It takes less then 5 minutes to install OpenELEC for somebody with no Linux skills, compared to an install of >30 minutes for WIN7.
therionate Wrote:It takes less then 5 minutes to install OpenELEC for somebody with no Linux skills, compared to an install of >30 minutes for WIN7.

Plus the added benefit of extremely fast boot times when using OpenELEC. Do yourself a favour and try OpenELEC before you try win7 Big Grin
I will probably give it a shot, I just hope it's install and forget because I don't have the required knowledge to mess with the guts of a linux distro, something I'd be happy to do with a windows setup Wink
In terms of boot time, it does not really matter as long as navigation in XBMC itself is snappy and fast, which should be achieved whatever the OS is with a SSD.
I am late to the party... but the OpenELEC installer is downright fool-proof.

Literally takes under 10 minutes to be up and running. Simple and speedy! Big Grin

Check out the official documentation...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on my HTPC build.0