Media info only populates after first play
I am running openelec on a pi 2 with the metropolis skin. For whatever reason although my media library is imported and fanart are working, on the bottom pane where it gives info regarding the file (i.e. aspect ratio, resolution, audio stream, etc) does not populate until after I play the file once. After I play the file the data populates as well as noting the file as HD or SD within the playlist.

This data used to auto-populate before playing the file on my old Raspbian install, not sure if im missing a setting somewhere. Thanks for any help.
"Extract thumbnail and video infomration" is disabled by default on Pi. You can enable it but it´s not recommended.
See: http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#File_lists
Settings -> Video -> File lists -> Extract video information from files

This is now disabled by default for the RPi/RPi2.

Edit: miappa beat me to it...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks, cant believe I missed that setting. Why do you say it is not recommended? I do not see that noted in the wiki. I would assume it eats up cpu/memory but would only happen after it is initially enabled and has to scan the entire library... unless it is not cached somewhere and it has to re-run to get this data for every library file on every restart. Thanks
It is cached, but can be very slow for some filetypes (e.g. non-indexed files like mpegts can take 80 seconds on a Pi1 per file).
This makes browsing directories with many files in very sluggish.

Indexed filetypes (like mkv) are a lot quicker.
Thanks for the heads up. I hated all the blank information in my list. Angel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media info only populates after first play0