• 13(current)
Kodi has stopped working
(2015-01-20, 17:32)Hetfiled Wrote: @Karlson2k

I installed last 14.1 dated 12/01 for windows and kodi hasn't crashed anymore, webserver works fine for me,
but many scripts as grab.fanat or artwork.organizer fails

do you have any idea where could be the issue?
Last couple of test builds i installed, I noticed addons weren't being granted Internet access. Maybe its still an issue?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-01-20, 17:05)Karlson2k Wrote: Kiggerbare, which version is stable for you?
Please report successful fixes, not only problems. This will allow team to maintain program in good state and use fixes in next releases.

As for now the last one you posted is working for me, pausing, starting, skipping and so on, all done via maraschino (from a computer on LAN), and Yatse on my phone.
It's been working for the last 4-6 hours. Don't want to jinx it, but i tried to break it, and so far it hasn't happened, but be sure that i will post the crash with logs here if i do happen to break it.
@Karlson2k : Hello mate, thx for the new build (20150119-b959aa8-w32_fix_crash_h0.exe), this build seems more stable but i still managed to make it crash (this time i managed to make it crash on purpose).
To make it crash i started a TvShow episode then i opened Yatse app on my smartphone and navigated to the "Now Playing" screen (basically is the second screen when you swipe left from the app's main screen) and "dang" Kodi crashed.
I have to add that i only managed to reproduce this two times despite the fact i tried several more times.

Here's the package with complete debug logs - - > https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfcqal6dec02x5...2.zip?dl=0
I don't get it.
It's not making any crash logs here anymore.
Here is my Kodi.log. Since i was here and saw @Pretoriano80 's reply i did exactly the same as he did and made it stop responding right away.
Quote:To make it crash i started a TvShow episode then i opened Yatse app on my smartphone and navigated to the "Now Playing" screen (basically is the second screen when you swipe left from the app's main screen) and "dang" Kodi crashed.

My Kodi log.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/70k8eq2bpu3wb31/kodi.log?dl=0

EDIT: And like he said, i can now go to the screen on my phone after starting it once more and it's not crashing.
At least we have a way to reproduce now, hopefully this will help the devs to debug even better.
I don't mean to interrupt the party, but Kodi Helix final on Windows 7 does not crash for me when doing this. I do however suffer from seemingly random crashes/greater instability than with Gotham as well. Haven't tried any of the versions offered here. I posted a debug log and a crash log here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1890068

At first I thought Kodi only crashes with the ios remote but it crashes using Yatse too.
Up until now the crashes has also been somewhat random. But mostly for me have been connected with me trying to control my HTPC, and since this thread to start with was focusing on skin widget i made my own thread to start with here.
210261 (thread)

But later it was not the skin widget, so i joined this thread.
That being said this is the first time someone had made it crash and told what to do, and since i also could do it there must be something there. Like i put in the Edit, after i started Kodi once more and started the show i was not able to crash it, so perhaps it's only if the computer been on for XX hours and has a overflow or w/e, but that 2 ppl. can crash it the same way must mean that we are on to something, since we at least now can try to make it crash this way when we got nothing better to do. Wink
My gut feeling somehow teels me likewise that it often crashes when a remote (ios remote or Yatse) fetches the playlist or the now playing item from kodi. But like I said and many concur it only happens in seemingly random manner, which makes it kinda hard to grasp.
I installed KodiSetup-20150119-b959aa8-w32_fix_crash_h0.exe (and also the version you put out on the 16th) as I was having the same issues described in this thread. I hadn't experienced a crash until I just logged onto my HTPC remotely and it looks like Kodi crashed overnight. However, I am experiencing a separate weird issue. Not sure of the exact term, so I apologize, But, the fast scroll through a list isn't working with my Logitech remote. It was working with Helix RC, but I observed it not working after installing this version and the 16th version from this thread. I have to browse through my TV lists one by one. I switched to Confluence to ensure it wasn't the skin, same results. I have the log file for the issue with the remote, I will grag the files for the crash when I get home as they are much larger.Debug
(2015-01-20, 19:03)DarkHelmet Wrote: My gut feeling somehow teels me likewise that it often crashes when a remote (ios remote or Yatse) fetches the playlist or the now playing item from kodi. But like I said and many concur it only happens in seemingly random manner, which makes it kinda hard to grasp.

I am seeing exactly the same thing: iOS remote playing on Win7/64 using network files.

As a newbie, could someone tell me what you guys would like to see in terms of log files etc in order to help diagnose the issue? And be gentle.... Blush
@weannek: does fast scroll come back if you turn off debug logging?
(2015-01-20, 20:22)JeremyGelber Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 19:03)DarkHelmet Wrote: My gut feeling somehow teels me likewise that it often crashes when a remote (ios remote or Yatse) fetches the playlist or the now playing item from kodi. But like I said and many concur it only happens in seemingly random manner, which makes it kinda hard to grasp.

I am seeing exactly the same thing: iOS remote playing on Win7/64 using network files.

As a newbie, could someone tell me what you guys would like to see in terms of log files etc in order to help diagnose the issue? And be gentle.... Blush

Here is how you enable log file.
The easy way and some harder ways. Smile
http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Log_file
(2015-01-20, 20:26)Kiggerbare Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 20:22)JeremyGelber Wrote:

Here is how you enable log file.
The easy way and some harder ways. Smile
http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Log_file

Brilliant thank you.

Does the following log file help at all in that case? http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=396630
That i don't know. Need Karlson or another dev. to look at it..
Speaking about crashes, i was following this thread and at the same time watching a show. Long story short couldn't do both, so pressed stop, and i got one. Pressing stop from maraschino on this computer on same network. This time i got all the files.
Zipped them all, and zip contains.
kodi.log 403 KB
xbmc_crashlog-14.0 Git_20150119-b959aa8-20150120-193339.dmp 331 KB
xbmc_crashlog-14.0 Git_20150119-b959aa8-20150120-193340.dmp 343 KB
xbmc_stacktrace-14.0 Git_20150119-b959aa8-20150120-193339.txt 83 Byte

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqn6co3e698r1d...p.rar?dl=0

EDIT: @JeremyGelber What i do see in the log you uploaded though is that you aren't using the build from this thread. You should try it, i have had less crashes on this one, and would help them more im sure..
Do as told in this post.
1897534 (post)
Don't forget to download and use .pdb file for proper report.
Trying out the test build, it appears that it crashes in a few places around doing things to playback.

Full stack trace is:
Kodi.exe!CWinRenderer::Stage1() Line 970 C++
Kodi.exe!CWinRenderer::Render(unsigned long flags) Line 750 C++
Kodi.exe!CWinRenderer::RenderUpdate(bool clear, unsigned long flags, unsigned long alpha) Line 374 C++
Kodi.exe!CXBMCRenderManager:TongueresentSingle(bool clear, unsigned long flags, unsigned long alpha) Line 801 C++
Kodi.exe!CXBMCRenderManager::Render(bool clear, unsigned long flags, unsigned long alpha) Line 793 C++
> Kodi.exe!CApplication::RenderNoPresent() Line 2177 C++
Kodi.exe!CApplication::Render() Line 2290 C++
Kodi.exe!CXBApplicationEx::Run() Line 184 C++
Kodi.exe!WinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInst, HINSTANCE__ * __formal, char * commandLine, int __formal) Line 243 C++
Kodi.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() Line 251 C

Checking Stage1, the crash is on line:
m_colorShader->Render(m_sourceRect, g_graphicsContext.StereoCorrection(m_destRect),
CMediaSettings::Get().GetCurrentVideoSettings().m_Contrast,
CMediaSettings::Get().GetCurrentVideoSettings().m_Brightness,
m_iFlags,
(YUVBuffer*)m_VideoBuffers[m_iYV12RenderBuffer]);

Specifically m_VideoBuffers = 0x000000b4, which appears to be because "this" is null, IE the CWinRenderer.

Checking up the stack, I suspect that it's the call through:
/* simple present method */
void CXBMCRenderManager:TongueresentSingle(bool clear, DWORD flags, DWORD alpha)
{
CSingleLock lock(g_graphicsContext);

m_pRenderer->RenderUpdate(clear, flags, alpha);
}

where the null comes in.

What did puzzle me was how it makes the call if m_pRenderer is null, I suspect that because RenderUpdate isn't a virtual function, so the virtual function table isn't needed (so a null object doesn't blow up, I guess it's a hardcoded branch into the right function.

I'll try and get the memory dump zipped and uploaded.

I suspect the PresentSingle having an if (IsConfigured()) might fix this crash, as that'll make sure the renderer is configured before trying to use it.

I'll keep digging as there were a few other crashes, but this one keeps coming up.

Thanks,
Chris
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi has stopped working4