• 13(current)
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support
Quote:hmm, seems i have a feature in my xbmc, you didn't implement :d
over here the artworks work quite well, i have nearly all my mp3s tagged with a cover artwork. only the first time i play a song from an album the cover is not present, after that it is cached for all tracks of the album (even after shutting down the xbox) and is present as an icon for every file as well as artwork when playing a track...
oh, that work's from an itunes bookmark too does it? cool Smile
Quote:btw. did you change somtehing with the main playlist (regarding compilation sorting) in your last comittment to the cvs?
not that i'm aware of, i tweaked the speed a bit but nothing else. what's the problem?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Quote:in itunes under you playlists and just above the artwork window, you need to make sure it says "now playing" if it says "selected song", you will need to clcik on this bar to change to to now playing.
ok - i'll have a play with itunes, thanks for the info.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Exclamation 
hey forza, nice work i love the itunes feature! :bowdown:

just wondering if u could help me with something, i was wondering what the best way to copy all my itunes mp3s to the xbox so that it reads them and the playlists they are in just like the itunes stream function. itunes has sorted all the music into seperate artist folders and would be annoying to ftp them all over in those folders. im not sure either how to copy itunes playlist files onto xbmc, if that would be a better way?

any help would be appreciated guys thanks :thumbsup:
(portpiro1 @ sep. 08 2004,14:55 Wrote:hey forza, nice work i love the itunes feature!  :bowdown:

just wondering if u could help me with something, i was wondering what the best way to copy all my itunes mp3s to the xbox so that it reads them and the playlists they are in just like the itunes stream function.  itunes has sorted all the music into seperate artist folders and would be annoying to ftp them all over in those folders.  im not sure either how to copy itunes playlist files onto xbmc, if that would be a better way?

any help would be appreciated guys thanks :thumbsup:
im not quite sure what you are trying to do.  the point of the itunes feature is to have all your music on your mac/pc in itunes and enable itunes sharing.  then all your library and playlists can be viewed on the xbox.
topcat - you've tried the new release on wireless, can you confirm if it's now as quick as samba streaming?
(fastshow @ sep. 08 2004,18:40 Wrote:topcat - you've tried the new release on wireless, can you confirm if it's now as quick as samba streaming?
yes, its very fast.  i have many many tunes and have tried out all sorts of stuff and it works fine on both my mp3s and aacs!
yeah i know topcat, its just that i have everything sorted in itunes now and i want the same sorting system on the xbox hdd with playlists intact etc.. Wink
(portpiro1 @ sep. 09 2004,02:55 Wrote:yeah i know topcat, its just that i have everything sorted in itunes now and i want the same sorting system on the xbox hdd with playlists intact etc..  Wink
i see what you are trying to do now, but why not just keep your tunes where they are in itunes?  do you really need them on the xbox?
(forza @ sep. 08 2004,13:16 Wrote:
Quote:btw. did you change somtehing with the main playlist (regarding compilation sorting) in your last comittment to the cvs?
not that i'm aware of, i tweaked the speed a bit but nothing else. what's the problem?
earlier in this thread i asked if u could change it, so that compilations are grouped in one folder and not a single folder for each artist.
well topcat i want to have my xbox in other rooms and stuff and not permanately connected to the cpu u c... Nod
(portpiro1 @ sep. 10 2004,05:54 Wrote:well topcat i want to have my xbox in other rooms and stuff and not permanately connected to the cpu u c... Nod
cant you network it?
i have my xbox in my living room, and my imac in my office.  

i have my xbox connected by network cable to my adsl router, and my imac connected to the router via wireless.
with wireless, i can even play all the songs off my laptop!
have u had chance to look at the artwork stuff yet forza?
Quote:have u had chance to look at the artwork stuff yet forza?
not yet, got distracted onto something else for a while, but will get back onto this this weekend.

cool, thanks.
ok, got a newer build of xbmc on my 'box and itunes support now officially rocks. speed is perfect, interface is perfect, the whole implementation = perfect, thanks!

one quick question though, and i'm not sure if it's a bug or something i ballsed up last night - on the 17/09 build, the itunes playlist names all appeared as blank entries. i could scroll up and down, and go into them (at which point i could see all my albums), but the actual playlist names that should have appeared in the initial view directly after selecting itunes from the music menu, had no text at all.

any ideas?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support0