• 16(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
Keep in mind that under tvOS, all xxx.xml files in userdata are moved to NSUserDefaults for persistence. That is why you do not see them present.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-02-11, 19:03)MrMC Wrote: Keep in mind that under tvOS, all xxx.xml files in userdata are moved to NSUserDefaults for persistence. That is why you do not see them present.

It was not like this in the previous build I think
Anyway where shall I put my advancedsettings file?
It looks to me that when I try to copy this file in userdata it copies it but it does not show it
As matter of fact the player buffer seems to follow the setting of advancedsettings
Am I correct?

Ps. No idea what NSUserDefaults is
I'd have to look in the code but I think when you copy it in, it will get copied into NSUserDefaults. That is why you don't 'see it'. Look at the log file, near start up. If it's present, you will see the access and values echoed to the log.
(2016-02-11, 19:47)MrMC Wrote: I'd have to look in the code but I think when you copy it in, it will get copied into NSUserDefaults. That is why you don't 'see it'. Look at the log file, near start up. If it's present, you will see the access and values echoed to the log.

Yes. They are there

Not sure I like how these files are handled tho
Supposed I want to delete it...
It was more easy the was it was before or it is in other platform
Then use other platforms. We can only work within the restrictions imposed by sandboxing, since we aren't jailbreaking to get this to work.
maybe so but when tvOS purges cache, do you really want to start from scratch again ?
(2016-02-11, 20:53)keith Wrote: Then use other platforms. We can only work within the restrictions imposed by sandboxing, since we aren't jailbreaking to get this to work.

The previous build (14jan) was working differently and still in sandboxing.
I could copy and see xml files in userdata "normally"

So I do not get your point. I must be missing something
(2016-02-11, 20:53)MrMC Wrote: maybe so but when tvOS purges cache, do you really want to start from scratch again ?

I think I understood your point
keith i thought we have described the issue with only having 500k of persistant space on the atv4 somewhere... can't find it - the whole discussion and rant could have been avoided i think ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You emailed it to me, and I didn't add it to the MERGING VIABILITY / STATUS thread. Added now, under point c.
It is all good, but unfortunately current Kodi approach with remotes it totally incompatible with touch-based siri remote. Navigation and scrolling becoming nightmare, especially if you have dozens and hundreds items in the list Smile
"clicking" sides of touch-pad makes it clearly better, but it is still the pain Sad Today I had to click 30 times or more in single list, and was pretty tired enough to do so Sad

I think in, long term, it will require to come-up with AppleTv-friendly version of remote handling.
(2016-02-14, 17:47)antst Wrote: It is all good, but unfortunately current Kodi approach with remotes it totally incompatible with touch-based siri remote. Navigation and scrolling becoming nightmare, especially if you have dozens and hundreds items in the list Smile
"clicking" sides of touch-pad makes it clearly better, but it is still the pain Sad Today I had to click 30 times or more in single list, and was pretty tired enough to do so Sad

I think in, long term, it will require to come-up with AppleTv-friendly version of remote handling.

are you using the latest build? the remote handling is perfectly fine, best it can be afew builds ago when it used mrmc remote handling now that was horrible but problem has since been fixed Smile
rule one of the fight club - we don't talk about the remote
rule two of the fight club - we don't talk about the remote
@antst you can take your opinion somewhere else - i made the whole remote thing very clear and i become annoyed by so many new users coming here without even reading the first post.

annoying really
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
* MrMC says 'we don't talk about the remote' either.
Does kodi auto update?

I swear the default UI looks a little different with the menus/file system as of recent

More length on file name box.

I like!
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7