Video in slow motion, sound normal
hafr Wrote:So... If I play a video on my ATV2 through iTunes, it's actually my computer playing the video and the ATV2 is just relaying the pictures, but if I play it in XBMC it's the ATV2 playing it?

No. Video airplay just kind of acts as a file server with two-way controls. The ATV2 is always doing the playback.
hafr Wrote:Well, as I said this is not a new issue, and it has been reported in this very forum not too long ago, with file info, logs and everything. I think more of the devs than that they should need the same information over and over Wink

I've been in a situation where I handled problem reports, and there was nothing as annoying as getting the same problem reported over and over and over and over...

This is not the same as other issues reported here. I read almost every post on the iOS forum. Please post your debug log, one for the file playing locally, and one for the file playing from iTunes Home Sharing.
This is similar to what I've reported

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11710

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98558
curlyjs Wrote:This is similar to what I've reported

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11710

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98558

Nope. You didn't play the exact same file through iTunes and have it work on the same hardware. Similar problem, sure, but similar problems are a dime-a-dozen.
Ned Scott Wrote:This is not the same as other issues reported here. I read almost every post on the iOS forum. Please post your debug log, one for the file playing locally, and one for the file playing from iTunes Home Sharing.

I see, good point. Well, hang on and I'll try to do it according to the how-to...

Thanks for giving me a pause in studying btw Wink
Ned Scott Wrote:Nope. You didn't play the exact same file through iTunes and have it work on the same hardware. Similar problem, sure, but similar problems are a dime-a-dozen.

Ned, you're probably right maybe a diffefent issue. But in my post (second link) I did mention that the file was playing fine in the internal video player of the Ipad.
Platform: Apple TV 2
Version of iOS/ATV: it says Apple TV Software 4.4.2 (3160)
XBMC Build version and date compiled: XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20111105-1b2b245 (Compiled: Nov 5 2011)
Install Method: I'm pretty sure I followed the wiki how-to, but can't swear on it

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/2JBpJEJB
I can't find the syslog folder, and doing the apt-get install syslogd only tells me it's already the latest version...

I'm running the standard Confluence skin that was there on install. The file is a 720p/60fps TV rip of an episode of The Amazing Race (I posted the exact name earlier in the OP) in an .mkv container. It played slow, so I decided to put it in a .m4v container by putting it through iVI. There is no visible difference between playing the .mkv and the .m4v in XBMC, but playing the .m4v in iTunes sharing gives perfect playback.

Video information: http://pastebin.com/GgEBAhQp

If the missing syslog is really important, I need help finding it Smile

---

I'm dumb as fuck, I figured syslog was a folder and couldn't access it, but going to /private/var/log/ it became quite clear... Wink I'm guessing only today's entries are of interest...

http://pastebin.com/M51VEUaN

---

And oh, since they're timestamped: I played the file in XBMC first, then exited and played it through iTunes home sharing.
curlyjs Wrote:Ned, you're probably right maybe a diffefent issue. But in my post (second link) I did mention that the file was playing fine in the internal video player of the Ipad.

To be completely honest, I just wanted the guy to post the damn debug log :D
Ned Scott Wrote:To be completely honest, I just wanted the guy to post the damn debug log Big Grin

So was I right in saying there was nothing new in this debug log? And did the syslog tell you anything?
Ned Scott Wrote:To be completely honest, I just wanted the guy to post the damn debug log Big Grin

This!

The EditDecisionsList line is wrong but probably not important as it is used for calculating when to cut out comercials

Does xbmc support variable framerate? Perhaps someone with a clue can comment?
What's the gain in getting someone to post a log just to post it? I only posted it because I was asked by an XBMC team member that said the problem was unique. To get the reply "haha, I only wanted you to post the log" instead of "I'm gonna take a look at it" seems quite strange...
hafr Wrote:What's the gain in getting someone to post a log just to post it? I only posted it because I was asked by an XBMC team member that said the problem was unique. To get the reply "haha, I only wanted you to post the log" instead of "I'm gonna take a look at it" seems quite strange...

NedScott is no developer. I am and it is good that he takes the work from me for bagging for logs each time. But i will not look into your log now - because you seem to work against our support strategies. It doesn't matter how much logs with the same error we get - for a complete bug report it is needed.

And if you are so smart by knowing what is needed and what not (and which bugs are really the same and which not) - then i would be happy to receive any patch for your issue and apply it to the tree if it corrects your problem.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hafr Wrote:What's the gain in getting someone to post a log just to post it? I only posted it because I was asked by an XBMC team member that said the problem was unique. To get the reply "haha, I only wanted you to post the log" instead of "I'm gonna take a look at it" seems quite strange...

Your info is useful and does help us out, but I also have a twisted sense of humor. It's also the only way we can know for sure if it is the same issue or not. Never assume we don't want logs.
Memphiz Wrote:NedScott is no developer. I am and it is good that he takes the work from me for bagging for logs each time. But i will not look into your log now - because you seem to work against our support strategies. It doesn't matter how much logs with the same error we get - for a complete bug report it is needed.

And if you are so smart by knowing what is needed and what not (and which bugs are really the same and which not) - then i would be happy to receive any patch for your issue and apply it to the tree if it corrects your problem.

To be fair, my response most likely made him go "wtf was that all about?!"

Also, I heat my home with xbmc.log files.
Ned Scott Wrote:To be fair, my response most likely made him go "wtf was that all about?!"

Also, I heat my home with xbmc.log files.

muhh ... seems my morning is a bit moody - testers are denying logfiles at work here too Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video in slow motion, sound normal0