Win True HD audio works but picture is corrupt
Thanks for the suggestions and input Blackkatt.

Will try the deactivating DXVA2 hardware acceleration first

the Intel drivers you mention - they are suitable for my Intel NUC i3 DC3217iYE

I noticed they mentioned Intel Iris..
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

(2014-01-27, 18:30)litfoo Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions and input Blackkatt.

Will try the deactivating DXVA2 hardware acceleration first

the Intel drivers you mention - they are suitable for my Intel NUC i3 DC3217iYE

I noticed they mentioned Intel Iris..

Well you have Intel HD 4000 right? so those are the correct ones...for that CPU HOWEVER Windows may have installed the incorrect drivers for you, try the ones made for your "device"
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR...+DC3217IYE
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
(2014-01-27, 16:49)litfoo Wrote: hi bluray,

Setup is HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV (Samsung) using 1 HDMI cable

My Yamaha RX-V3900 amp has 2 HDMI outputs so 1 output is to Samsung, as above and the other HDMI out goes to a JVC projector.

thanks for your help

litfoo
I used to have a very old Yamaha receiver a long time ago, but I never own a newer Yamaha receiver. If you have ARC option, you might want to try it. It usually select TV audio pass-thru as Auto. When it is in Auto mode, it will allow you to use TV speaker when receiver is off and HTPC will detect Yamaha when it is on. If you don't have Auto option, you might want to manually force TVAudio to OFF in Yamaha HDMI setup.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
all,

I am please to say that by turning off the 'hardware acceleration (DXVA2)' and setting the render method to 'Software', this has done the trick for me.

True HD and DTS-HD Master both working for me for audio and stutter free video - v happy Smile

guess I will not tinker with the passthrough options now on my Yamaha AVR - not sure what other benefits this could bring

thanks for all the advice

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

(2014-01-27, 21:51)litfoo Wrote: I am please to say that by turning off the 'hardware acceleration (DXVA2)' and setting the render method to 'Software', this has done the trick for me.

True HD and DTS-HD Master both working for me for audio and stutter free video - v happy Smile
It is good to see this " Smile " at the end.....
Can't believe it. Audio issues are back

Playing movies with either DTS-HD MA or True HD just lag and now the audio cannot even come through

HD audio icons no longer appear on the Amp either.

Really starting to pull my hair out now... Rolleyes

Have attached my debug log - anyone have any ideas why I am experiencing these issues with HD audio now?

many thanks

-----

update - found out the error - somehow it had changed from WASAPI to Direct Sound in 'Audio Output Device' and 'Passthrough output device'

Can this setting be changed as a result of something else - asking as I am 99.99% certain I did not change this myself

thanks

(2014-02-02, 00:09)litfoo Wrote: update - found out the error - somehow it had changed from WASAPI to Direct Sound in 'Audio Output Device' and 'Passthrough output device'

Can this setting be changed as a result of something else - asking as I am 99.99% certain I did not change this myself

thanks
If you have unstable EDID, it will happen from time to time. If you want a permanent fix, you need this- Gefen HDmi Detective Plus- good to have for HTPC....

Another thing you can do too- if you happen to set HDMI "Audio TV out" to Auto in AVR, you might want to disable it.
(2014-02-02, 00:43)bluray Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 00:09)litfoo Wrote: update - found out the error - somehow it had changed from WASAPI to Direct Sound in 'Audio Output Device' and 'Passthrough output device'

thanks
If you have unstable EDID, it will happen from time to time. If you want a permanent fix, you need this- Gefen HDmi Detective Plus- good to have for HTPC....

Thanks bluray - looks like great minds think alike Blush

I had ordered that device yesterday online

(2014-02-02, 00:45)litfoo Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 00:43)bluray Wrote:

thanks

Thanks bluray - looks like great minds think alike Blush

I had ordered that device yesterday online
You'll enjoy that little device. I used to enjoy using it. I'm starting to miss it now. I need to buy another one soon...
Got the Gefen setup and it's working like a dream. Storing my EDID info continuously.

(2014-02-03, 22:37)litfoo Wrote: Got the Gefen setup and it's working like a dream. Storing my EDID info continuously.
As I stated in my Gefen thread, anyone with HTPC should have this device....
(2014-02-03, 23:42)bluray Wrote: As I stated in my Gefen thread, anyone with HTPC should have this device....

There are some components that are essential for most set-ups, this one definitely does not fall into that category. Not everyone needs one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
True HD audio works but picture is corrupt0