Req 3D Checkerboard output
Nope, scaling is done by Kodi on the Pi. It scales the video to 1360x768 and sends it to the TV. The Pi has a GPU for that, and any

Your pseudocode is efficient but generates aliasing. A better way to generate the checkerboard is to keep the information from the "hidden" pixels using a low-pass filter:
- the better way is to determine which side the pixel (x,y) should be taken from using the above formula, and then to output for pixel (x,y) the value:
I(x,y)/2 + (I(x+1,y) + I(x-1,y) + I(x,y+1) + I(x,y-1))/8

This is easily coded in GLSL
There is Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread, this version supports checkerboard 3D stereo mode also, but only for windows. I think what shader can be used with OGL also (with a little rework to OGL)
I'm not a complete n00b, but I'm also not pro, I'm willing to install this release that supports checkerboard. I don't quite understand though, I checked out the link posted here, but I wasn't able to find a compiled exe to install and test. Please send me in the right direction. I REALLY want to use checkerboard with xbmc!
Here is a correct link http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218274
Tested the latest xbmc kodi build released on March 31st and the 3D checkerboard mode works flawlessly, I'm very impressed. Open source ftw!
I take it this change is going to work for only Windows users? Hoping for a solution for Ubuntu.
I am using A Mitsubishi Dlp. i can only enjoy 3d contents when using my computer or my panasonic bluray player. I would love if Kodi could work on a soulution. Dont let us have to purchase new TVS just to enjoy 3d. Please and thank you Kodi.
you could try bino as an external player. http://bino3d.org/doc/bino.html#Output-Techniques
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Checkerboard output0