No DTS sound with Mac Mini (late 2010) and XBMC 13.2
(2015-01-21, 20:14)Audiomixer Wrote: Good. I was only having a tearing issue with one program and that was Star Trek Deep Space Nine and so far it is working. Not sure if it is clearer but I too thought I had noticed it especially with the SD content of DS9. Is your receiver not DTS capable? I'm running mine strictly through HDMI with no issue.

My receiver is dts capable but don't no why I can't get passthrough via optical cable.

Other funny thing I found playing some action movies with lots of movements it's at the top of the screen in a 720p mkv the top black bar it's not really steady it shows kind of a tearing more like a the movement of an equalizer but very very narrow maybe i'm a pretty fusspot but I think with snow leaopard the image was not that clear but more steady, My playback config is "Adjust display refresh rate to match video: on" "Synch playback to display:on" "A/V sync method: Video clock (resample audio)" "Decoding method: hardware accelerated" and "Allow hardware acceleration:off". I think everything is ok.

thanks
I have adjust display refresh rate to match video: off, Synch playback to display: off, A/V not applicable since Synch playback to display is off, Decoding method: hardware accelerated, and Allow hardware acceleration to on.
Maybe, just maybe this will help and maybe retry the DTS passthorugh again.
Well I tried your configuration and it looks that the small tearing goes away BUT the audio/video syncro appears your hear the sound 2 o 3 seconds before it happens, is there a way to solve it?
DTS passthrough is in a really dead end whatever I do it doesn't work at all

thanks
I have my receiver handle the audio delay to keep sync on. In your case perhaps it's best to experiment with the Sync audio to display settings.
I don't know whether my receiver can handle audio delay, it's a simple Panasonic home cinema not too sofisticated I don't think I can do it. Anyway I will try to sync audio to display settings and If I see it doesn't work I will revert to Snow leopard again, because yesterday I played many videos and the tearing came back again in the worse way

thanks anyway
I tried sync audio to display settings and it didn't work. I really find hard to believe that with same computer and software the outcome can be that different.
If there's no other suggestion I think I will go back to snow leopard

thanks
On one mini my daughter has running snow leopard, the latest version of XBMC we can run on it is Frodo. Gotham and Helix both have tremendous sync issues. Only way I know of to fix this is run Mavericks like I do on my personal machines. Perhaps someone running optical with HDMI can chime in here. I only run with HDMI.
I know this is about gotham 13.2 ... but with all threads which mention sync issues i try to get a feedback on this testbuild which might change things (its helix 14.0 based though):

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz, I gave a last try on your last version before I go back to snow leopard and it's working more or less, the thing is that in order to avoid tearing image either I set adjust display refresh rate to match video or sync playback to display, if I set both (what I was doing in snow leopard) the audio is totally out of sync. But I still got a feeling that the audio is not totally syncronized or maybe it's spending too much time testing.

thanks
Hi Audiomixer and Memphiz, Today I found something i didn't know. I always thought that my Home cinema was capable to decode DTS just because there's a symbol of DTS on the device but what I found was that it can not decode dts from an outside source as I was pretending connecting Mac mini.
I think that the responsible of the delay of video regarding the sound is when I try to play mkv with dts sound because I assume that dts has to be transcoded to ac3, when I play ac3 or aac there's no delay and the video-audio looks and listen just great.
So I spent some time googling and I think that the easiest way to solve my problem is getting a device like these:
http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Digital-Op...B00DEV67TA
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AMC2...J3HH33FKRZ
I don't know which one and the diferences between them but I guess you guys must know
Thank you very much for your help
can you disable dts support in xbmc? that way xbmc would transcode dts to ac3 for you - unless i got you wrong and thats what youbdid already...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
also - don't buy that crap - those are all hacked solutions - in the end "just" by a proper avr amp and be done...
(2015-01-25, 13:52)Memphiz Wrote: can you disable dts support in xbmc? that way xbmc would transcode dts to ac3 for you - unless i got you wrong and thats what youbdid already...

that's the reason of the sync problem between video and audio when dts is transcoded to ac3, I always you hear audio forward
Glad you figured that out. Best AV amp I have ever owned is this Onkyo HT-270 (4 years old now). Never a problem and decodes practically everything.
Hi guys I finally got a new home cinema system, basicaly I got a sound bar, this one
http://store.sony.com/300w-2.1-sound-bar...Sound-Bars
AV amps were way too expensive Audiomixer
The thing is I m using hdmi to connect mac mini to soundbar then from the sound bar there's another hdmi arc which send the video to TV, The seller told me there was an optical connection but what he didn't tell is that this optical it's just for the TV counting that maybe your tv has not hdmi arc, I have no problem with that because my tv has arc
Anyway I m getting passthrough in xbmc and I set in midi sound 8 channel and 24 bit (I still can not get encoded digital sound, don't know why), but here comes the funny part when I turn on xbmc I see for an instance how it switches to 2 channel 16 bit, Why that happensHuh I feel the sound I m getting is not as good as it could be...but I m guessing the problem is from xbmc because mac mini allows me to set sound in 8 channel 32 bit

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DTS sound with Mac Mini (late 2010) and XBMC 13.20