Help with new Raspberry PI 2.
(2015-02-03, 18:48)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 18:47)invisable Wrote: I've just loaded my pi2 up with new openelec img. Just wondering what your default overclock is mines showing 600MHz ?

It's dynamic - it will jump to 900MHz when busy.
Of course it is what a knob, thanks popcornmix
(2015-02-03, 18:25)evangelion Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 17:43)patseguin Wrote: Be sure and post and let us know how it works. I'm interested in how it handles heavier skins as well as HD audio.

Name a heavier skin and I'll take a look for you, IE: one that a RPi Model B 512MB overclocked would normally just sigh, rollover and wave it's hands in the air at.

Edit: And your experience with said skin so I have something to compare to.

I'm mainly interested in Bello 3.01. I know it's not an overly heavy skin but that's the one I'd most likely use. Also, it seems that the Pi doesn't do HD audio so I guess I wouldn't use it as my main htpc, but maybe in my bedroom.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
A skin that struggles even with my fully sorted and tweaked RPi B+ is - Aeon Nox.

Also set force_turbo=1 in the config.txt file (remove SD card from RPi and edit file on a PC) - so it operates at 900 Mhz all the time, it will really fly then !

Links to both please, Bello doesn't appear to be in the Kodi add-ons repository, and Aeon Nox from memory has a huge amount of versions?
Aeon Nox is in the standard Kodi Repository there is no need to link anything its in the standard skin list....
There is only one version for Helix.

Force Refresh if it does not turn up.

I have already told you where to look for the config.txt file, its on the SD card when plugged into a PC with a card reader slot.

Would have been easier to just say "Stock version from the Kodi repository" Wink

And where does the reference to the config.txt file fit into this discussion??

Aeon Nox took about 10 seconds to download, switched skins about 2-3, skin shortcuts loaded almost instantly, scrolling through movies is fast, VERY fast in the default List view, all poster art displays, and this is over SMB.

Oh, by the way, this is all from a NOOBS card formatted with OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-5.0.1.img
Nice Smile
The other addon that struggles with the RPi 1 is the Youtube one. Its pretty sluggish.

config.txt = Overlock = Post #16 above

(2015-02-03, 19:42)wrxtasy Wrote: Nice Smile
The other addon that struggles with the RPi 1 is the Youtube one. Its pretty sluggish.

config.txt = Overlock = Post #16 above

Gotcha, I'll try that next.

Tri-panel view is hard to keep up with TBH, using a Samsung Tv remote/CEC to scroll ... really impressed so far!
This thing is pretty rapid. A vast difference in speed scanning a local library.
Youtube launches almost immediately, did a search on "Foo Fighters" (first thing to mind) instant feedback on search .... this thing is just so faaast Smile Smile Smile
(2015-02-03, 19:17)evangelion Wrote: Links to both please, Bello doesn't appear to be in the Kodi add-ons repository, and Aeon Nox from memory has a huge amount of versions?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214146
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Can you try Aeon Shednox, please?
Hi,

I've been looking for how to enable the TVHeadEnd backend plugin in openelec.

I've looked in Settings -> Add Ons -> Services -> Disabled Addons, but all I can see is the client add on. I cannot see the backend/server addon?

Is it hidden somewhere?
the tvheadend addon we moved to our unofficial repo, which is installed but must be activated under addons/repositories. also it needs some time the repo is updated (or force with a repo update/force refresh via the context menu)
greetings, Stephan

(2015-02-04, 11:48)sraue Wrote: the tvheadend addon we moved to our unofficial repo, which is installed but must be activated under addons/repositories. also it needs some time the repo is updated (or force with a repo update/force refresh via the context menu)

i cant even activate it, because the openlec repository is empty for me. i also force an update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with new Raspberry PI 2.0