Release Travel Channel Addon
(2015-04-21, 19:13)jbeige Wrote: Thanks! So do you spend a lot of time reading the source of the website (travel channel in this case) to dissect which urls you need to get to, or is that something that is easily accomplished through api calls?
You do have to look at both the web pages and the api (website not Kodi) calls. I use Chrome - the built-in developer tools allow you to do a network trace and save the contents as a HAR file, so you can stare at the full requests and full responses at your leisure. Being able to read javascript, understand cookies and recognize common patterns helps as well.
Some folks use network or packet sniffers which I guess can be useful for rtmp links, but I've been able to see everything I need just using Chrome - Firefox works just as well. I don't install flash on Firefox so that I can see if the site will fallback to HTML5 if flash isn't installed. Messing around with the user agent in both browsers also helps to understand how the website reacts to requests.

It would be better to open a thread in the Development section if you need further info, rather than do it here in the support thread. The folks that look at the development section are a lot more knowledgeable than I am.
Is there an issue with Travel Channel?

I'm getting a Travel Channel error every time I try to open the Addon.

Code:
08:58:39 T:3124  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:58:40 T:3124   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list assignment index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.travel\default.py", line 224, in <module>
                                                if mode==  None:  getShows()
                                              File "L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.travel\default.py", line 79, in getShows
                                                a[(len(a)-1)] = ('/video/p/1?wcmmode=disabled',__language__(30021),icon,__language__(30021))
                                            IndexError: list assignment index out of range
V1.0.4 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.travel
Quick hack to fix the addon. I need to rewrite this when I find the time.

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository.t1m.addons

You should get an "auto-update" or "update available" message, depending on your "auto-update" setting. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

A pull request for the kodi.org repo has been made, should be available in a few days.
Working again. Thanks.
Would it be possible to add some options to configure this add on?

I would like to be able to permanently disable subtitles. It's a pain to have to keep doing it for every video.

I would also like to be able to adjust the video resolution down to 480, or even 360 for my smaller TV.

I have to live with slow speeds and bandwidth caps, and any time I can save a gig here and there it helps.

Thanks for all your great addons. I really enjoy your work. :-)
Subtitles can be turned off globally in Kodi. Differs for each skin, but is usually in the audio menu of the player.
I'm simplifying most add-ons by eliminating settings where possible - the bandwidth settings are usually where the add-on breaks due to format changes, so I'm not going to add video res settings. They usually end up being a hack in an add-on anyway - better to let the player decide what bandwidth to play.
(2016-06-09, 17:47)learningit Wrote: I'm simplifying most add-ons by eliminating settings where possible - the bandwidth settings are usually where the add-on breaks due to format changes, so I'm not going to add video res settings. They usually end up being a hack in an add-on anyway - better to let the player decide what bandwidth to play.

I just happened to noticed this and must bear it in mind for all your various addons. I understand it from your side, simple is better and easier to maintain, but it's a pity because some of my older hardware just won't play the high bandwidth content.

For clarification, what do you mean by "better to let the player decide what bandwidth to play" ?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Travel Channel is no longer working for me, can anyone confirm this?

Debug
V3.0.2 fixes the above issue.

A PR has been requested for the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.

Note that the website has incorrect urls for Bizarre Foods and Booze Traveler .
The content provider usually gets around to fixing these issues when they notice them.
Thanks, working again but Expedition Unknown is missing.
Working again for me to, but Bizarre Foods doesn't work. It's on the menu, but the episodes are from some other show. Maybe Expedition Unknown?

Here's what I see after selecting Bizarre Foods:

(2017-04-15, 16:59)learningit Wrote: V3.0.2 fixes the above issue.

A PR has been requested for the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.

Note that the website has incorrect urls for Bizarre Foods and Booze Traveler .
The content provider usually gets around to fixing these issues when they notice them.

I just noticed the URL problem. Wait and see I suppose.
I have noticed that the website is offering more content, than the one the add-on is picking up and showing. Are there any plans on updating the way the site is scrapped to get this content included?

Example: Amelia Earhart Special // Secrets of Columbus and some more.

Thanks a lot.
(2017-05-22, 02:10)A2020 Wrote: I have noticed that the website is offering more content, than the one the add-on is picking up and showing. Are there any plans on updating the way the site is scrapped to get this content included?

Thanks a lot.

Not sure where you see those shows. I don't see them on the source website www.travelchannel.com
(2017-05-22, 07:00)learningit Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 02:10)A2020 Wrote: I have noticed that the website is offering more content, than the one the add-on is picking up and showing. Are there any plans on updating the way the site is scrapped to get this content included?

Thanks a lot.

Not sure where you see those shows. I don't see them on the source website www.travelchannel.com

On the page the Addon takes the videos from. Here there are some shows episodes, like in a slider.

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/full-episodes

http://imgur.com/1u5K7ot

It's showing 9 full episodes there. Not sure if they always the same, or if they change them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Travel Channel Addon1