[Release] Emby for Kodi 1.0 [Liv]
(2015-06-08, 10:49)blueeyiz702 Wrote: need to find out why when movies where sinked did emby duplicate all my movies,so now i have 2 of everything in my library in kodi? hhow do i fix this?

Please post your question here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/99-kodi/

We'll be happy to help! Smile
I've been using Kodi for a number of years and running multiple frontends using MySQL for the last couple and made the switch to Emby about a month ago. In short it's awesome, it makes syncing between frontends much easier and being able to stream remotely (with transcoding on the fly) is icing on the cake.
What hardware are people running Emby on? I'd like to test it.

I've read reports that it has performance issues on Qnap devices though?
(2015-06-08, 11:49)zag Wrote: What hardware are people running Emby on? I'd like to test it.

I'm running mine in a Docker container on a Linux box, I'm guessing maybe the CPU on the Qnap could be an issue with transcoding? There's an option to use the local path so that Kodi goes directly to the shared media, you'd only be transcoding if you started watching from the webapp or other frontend.
I'm currently running my Emby server on an HTPC - 4GB RAM Windows 7-64 bits
Kodi is installed on the same device and it runs smoothly (both are running pretty much 24/7).

Emby server platform options:
http://emby.media/download/

Using Kodi to playback media, you will never transcode so the CPU usage is usually negligible.
You do need to start with a fresh library with no video sources. Remember - we are replacing the Kodi scraper and any data created by it.
(2015-06-08, 14:44)xnappo Wrote: You do need to start with a fresh library with no video sources. Remember - we are replacing the Kodi scraper and any data created by it.

So if i remove all my video soures,and cleam library to start fresh.
do i reinstall on kodi,or how do i put them back less duplicates?
You can go into Video->Addons->Emby then look for the reset DB option.
(2015-06-08, 20:02)xnappo Wrote: You can go into Video->Addons->Emby then look for the reset DB option.

i saw that option so i just reset it,and then emby will do all the work? no need to replace files in kodi correct?
Yes, that should do the trick. A clean install is best, but it should work Smile

Again - please move this discussion over to our Emby for Kodi forum - lots more people there to help.
(2015-06-08, 20:44)xnappo Wrote: Yes, that should do the trick. A clean install is best, but it should work Smile

Again - please move this discussion over to our Emby for Kodi forum - lots more people there to help.

ok,and thank you,that worked perfectly! now have nice clean database thanks to emby! awesome addon.+1
Awesome blueeyiz702!

Glad you got it working Smile
Thanks for testing!
(2015-06-08, 11:49)zag Wrote: What hardware are people running Emby on? I'd like to test it.

Emby (formerly known as mediabrowser) began as Windows-only software but in the last months/years support for almost any platform has been added. I run the Emby server myself on a ubuntu machine for example. Also support for NAS devices is growing rapidly.

What we do with the Emby addon is use the Emby server as the backend for Kodi while retaining all of Kodi's native functionality basically by scraping (syncing) the entire Emby content into the Kodi database and keep it into sync. Everything is supported like watched state/progress, remote transcoding etc.
Sorry but would this work with my media stored on my server and kodi clients? I take it I install the server part on my server and then just install the add on on each client? Do i manage my files on my server ? Sorry for the questions I am not quite understanding this but it looks awesome.

Also would this allow me to share my movie library with friends and family over the internet?
This sounds awesome. I will certainly give it a spin tonight.

TX

RR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Emby for Kodi 1.0 [Liv]5