Windows LiveTV Glitches
I had it working before with the TempSWMC folder on one of the conventional hard drives in my HTPC.

THe odd part right now is that I can't seem to share the TempSWMC folder at all.

As a test, I setup the TempSWMC folder on my SSD as a share (not using the symlink). When I try to access that folder in OpenElec, OpenElec asks for the username and password (username and password that I use to load and run windows) I also added the usename to the share permissions on the folder. openelec won't accept the credentials and I can not access the folder.

Everything works from windows.
Sometimes with windows you have to apply permissions at the share level and also the underlying folder level? Eg properties -> security
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Hi guys,
I too am having these same problems ever since upgrading to Kodi 15. I was just about to post a new thread and saw this one. I believe it's a buffering issue in my case. It happens whenever I switch to a new channel (thus starting a new temp file). If I pause the live TV for a few seconds, everything plays fine after that (until I switch channels). I have tried following all of the other advice on old threads related to increasing buffer timing, etc., but so far no improvement. I can try moving the temp file location to a different drive as discussed here, but I kind of doubt that will improve the situation. I am currently running 15.2 on a Windows 8.1 box.

I'm thinking about installing your latest pre-release of SWMC backend. Do you think that will help? Appreciate your thoughts or advice on how to troubleshoot the root cause.

Secondly, and unrelated, I am also having a problem with one and only one channel (out of 150 channels). Whenever I attempt to play the Disney channel, it tries to change to the channel, but exits before starting the stream. I can't remember the exact error, but will post when I have it handy. I checked logs, but didn't see anything that stood out. Should I post this issue to a new thread?

Thanks,
Kirk
The pre release version doesnt contain any changes in that area so unlikely to make a difference to your problem. It mostly contains funcitonal changes and enhancements to support the Kodi 16 Jarvis alpha releases with Series Recording and things like that

If pausing a new stream briefly fixes the problem, I think there is a ServerWMC setting to build in this delay before replying to the client, Id have to refresh my memory though. And as you say, trying to move TempSWMC to another drive (preferably an SSD just to really see if its a throughput issue) is another thing to try

In relation to your Disney channel, without seeing a log Id suggest the Channel Sources in WMC are incorrect (we use channel sources from the end of the list whilst WMC uses from the start of the list, which can lead to channels with incorrect sources going undetected in WMC and only raising their head in ServerWMC, so check your sources)...
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thanks Scarecrow. I think the ServerWMC setting you are meaning may be <Delay_WTV2TS_MS>. This was set to zero in my config. I increased it to 1000ms and it seemed to help, but still had a few pauses. I'll play with increasing it and see if it has the desired effect.

I'm not totally familiar with the WMC channel sources, but I think I found what you mean. In WMC settings for that channel, it listed four sources under channel sources. These are the four tuners in my Ceton card. Based on what you said, I moved the #3 source down to #4 and restarted Kodi. Unfortunately, still has the same issue when trying to view the live TV channel. The error returned in Kodi says "Stream timeout. Unknown Problem". I grabbed the logs and will look through them shortly to see what they say. Let me know if you meant something different regarding channel sources.

Thanks!
I had to back out the symlink i implemented for the TempSWMC folder. I was unable to get OpenElec to open the symink'ed TempSWMC folder no matter how I configured it. a a drive path or nework path so no live TV

When I get to the TV serason wher eI am oftn recording on 4-6 tuners at once, I am concerned that the stuttering I was experiencd ill be back.
still playing with that setting, but seems to have helped my issue.

So as not to hijack this thread, I created a new thread (link) for my Disney channel problem. I have included the SWMC log with exception info in that thread.

Thanks again for the fast reply!
a better delay to use to build up the live-tv buffer is this one:

<BufferDelayLiveMS>0</BufferDelayLiveMS>

remember to its in milli-sec. I would set Delay_WTV2TS_MS back to zero.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
OK. Thanks, I will do that.
Last night while watching an Active Recording I noticed that it started stuttering during playback. Can someone describe the steps it takes to move the Temp directory? I would like to give this a try.

I am running windows 8.0. Currently my Recordings folder is in the D:\Recorded TV. I would like to move the TempSWMC folder to my C:\ to see if that helps.
I found this link
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1741866

Is this the process to follow to try moving the temp directory?

Do I have to physically move the files to the destination location first and then run the commands?
I am still struggling with pixelation when watching live TV. When watching liveTV every few minutes the screen seems to glitch resulting in pixelation. I cleaned up my network (new 16 port switch) move the WMC and ServerWMC temp folders to an SSD. Still problematic. Everytime, SiliconDust looks at the log file, they come back with "log indicated everything is fine".

Today on a lark, I tried accessing the HDHomeRUn Primes via uPnP from the Kodi Video menu is. Still early but no obvious glitches. This would seem to indicate that is a WMC or ServerWMC issue. This is a very competent PC, CPU load is < 15% when watching video but I still get the glitches.

What else can I try?
Is it still true that you have this problem when viewing in wmc too? Or is it only in live tv streams in kodi?
Yes. I definitely affect WMC as well and it is in the recordings. I have taken to watching via uPnP when I think of it and it seem that the glitches are much less frequent. It is really hard to tell as you have to be watching closely.
I have really upped my network (Asus RT-AC68U and a 16 port Gbps switch) and Silicondust says there is no problem on their end (video is being captured with no errors and there are no network problems in log)
My PC is should be more than competent enough and all fo the temp folders (ServerWMC and WMC) are relocated to SSD so it shouldn't be a throughput issue there. It is as iff there is something affecting the WMC recording .

I was thinking of install NPVR to see if there was any difference but not sure how conclusive that would be.
It seems to me that solving the wmc problem is the first priority. i think you told me earlier that you are using standard codecs and standard setting in wmc right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows LiveTV Glitches0