Layout Change for default Skin?
umm about the rss... personaly i think it should be an option you can enable. i do like rss-feeds but not all the time so i like to be able to turn it on and off. the url should also be configurable, you don't want 20 skins, 1 without rss and 19 with rss but with different url's.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
it's easy enough for the skin author to remove any rss configuration if their skin doesn't include rss anyway. i'd prefer to see it as a configurable option.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

if rss were a customizable setting via the osd, it would be very nice to choose to urls which are used.
--jaga
--jaga
good point charly
XBMC Project Founder (Retired)
to build upon this:

how about a toggle in the settings to turn rss on/off globally and
a section in the xml to determine what feeds to use?
--jaga
--jaga
i'll probably do something along those lines, and maybe even up a notch, but i'll leave you guessing... Smile
XBMC Project Founder (Retired)
Exclamation 
@runtime, i know that you do not like to see too many gui options but i think these two are a given to be optional (+ disabled by default)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i like the idea, but how about a slight change/alteration.

how about the screen being split in two, horizontaly, (or something along thouse lines)

you could have a list of the movies in the top half, then at the bottom as you scroll up and down the list, the thumbnail/cover and movie info could be displayed at the bottom.

that way you have the best of both worlds, your list of movies and your "eyecandy".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Layout Change for default Skin?0