Kodi box
(2017-06-14, 16:01)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 15:48)RockerC Wrote: Point is that if it is shipped from outside the European Union then you will most certainly have to pay customs fees.
Most certainly? Based on what?

European and domestic law in most European countries. If you are importing something from outside the EU to a country within the EU then you will need to be prepared to pay :

Import duty (which will vary based on the product type - and in some cases isn't applicable)
Value Added Tax / Sales Tax (which varies based on country - and in some countries will vary on product type)

If you buy something from outside the EU and live within the EU - you should expect to pay these fees, along with a processing fee if the courier has to handle the payment in the first instance.

If you buy something from within the EU and live within the EU - there should be no additional fees (even if sales tax in the country you are buying from is lower than your local sales tax)

Of course in some situations you won't be levied a charge (though legally you should volunteer to I believe) - and some Chinese suppliers will break the law and put a value on the product that doesn't reflect the true value, or classify it incorrectly as a gift, to help you avoid paying tax... But tax avoidance is just that...
(2017-06-14, 16:51)noggin Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 16:01)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 15:48)RockerC Wrote: Point is that if it is shipped from outside the European Union then you will most certainly have to pay customs fees.
Most certainly? Based on what?

European and domestic law in most European countries. If you are importing something from outside the EU to a country within the EU then you will need to be prepared to pay :

Import duty (which will vary based on the product type - and in some cases isn't applicable)
Value Added Tax / Sales Tax (which varies based on country - and in some countries will vary on product type)

If you buy something from outside the EU and live within the EU - you should expect to pay these fees, along with a processing fee if the courier has to handle the payment in the first instance.

If you buy something from within the EU and live within the EU - there should be no additional fees (even if sales tax in the country you are buying from is lower than your local sales tax)

Of course in some situations you won't be levied a charge (though legally you should volunteer to I believe) - and some Chinese suppliers will break the law and put a value on the product that doesn't reflect the true value, or classify it incorrectly as a gift, to help you avoid paying tax... But tax avoidance is just that...
So not 'most certainly' then? Hadn't we cleared that up already?
(2017-06-14, 16:56)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 16:51)noggin Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 16:01)trogggy Wrote: Most certainly? Based on what?

Most certainly if you like not breaking the law and are buying something that isn't VAT exempt/duty exempt...

You should always expect to pay them. It's up to individual conscience whether you voluntarily pay them if you 'are lucky' and aren't required to on delivery.
(2017-06-14, 17:01)noggin Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 16:56)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 16:51)noggin Wrote: European and domestic law in most European countries. If you are importing something from outside the EU to a country within the EU then you will need to be prepared to pay :

Most certainly if you like not breaking the law and are buying something that isn't VAT exempt/duty exempt...

You should always expect to pay them. It's up to individual conscience whether you voluntarily pay them if you 'are lucky' and aren't required to on delivery.
If I glance at my speedo and see I'm doing 35 in a 30 zone I'll slow down. I won't write a cheque for £60 and send it off to Swansea.
We obviously have completely different opinions on what 'certain' means. Mine's from the dictionary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi box0