Calibrate/Adjust UI size, (stretch or shrink)
perhaps if the gui was treated as an directx/opengl texture, then it might be easy to scale. obviously implementing that would be far more complex than my idle brain can contemplate.

still, every xbox has 3d accelerated graphics, so apart from the initial implementation, there's no reason not to do it.
this is possible (and quite simple to implement, really). it would mean that either extra memory is used (for the texture we render into), however.

the reason it is not done this way is that the current system maps everything pixel to pixel. this gives skinners accuracy down to a single pixel.

unfortunately, many of the skins (even the default, project mayhem) don't have quite enough overscan compensation built in, and thus a few users with tvs with more overscan than others have problems.

hopefully once a pc-based skinning app is released, a simple overscan boundary can be implemented so that skins don't go over some safe boarders.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Question 
in theory it is possible to do true/real overscan compensation in the xbox hardware if only can find a way to control it via software,
hw overscan compensation would also mean that resoultion would not be affected; "tv-overscan compensation by xbox hardware"
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
my tv crops the crap out of the edges and not many skins and scripts takes this into account. i would love it if the skin were resized to the same area as the video calibration and not just centered.

could there be some easy directx trick to change the dimensions of the surface you are drawing on? has this been investigated?

i think i may of seen this before in as a topic in another thread but couldnt find it for the life of me.

-ast
i would really appreciate someway of calibration the outer rims of the gui as well as the video. for some reason my tv (a 100hz philips 32" widescreen) 'shows' the images behind the plastic frame as well, and it seems that i have no way of actually imagecalibrate that (as i have on a monitor) i find it strange since it was pretty expensive when i bought it. ($2000us) although it's 5½ years ago but still.

is this even possible or is it skinonly dependable?
there might be something that can be done about resizing the direct x surface it is drawn to.... i would like this feature as well since i have to adjust some skins and scripts that get too chopped up by my tv.
there is a reason we don't have this. it is due to a number of issues which have all been outlined previously on this forum.

i can only suggest you encourage skinners to leave important text and buttons within the overscan "safe" zone. you should find project mayhem 3 (default skin) does reasonably well with this.

hi there,

if you don't mind, i would say maybe the problem is with the setting of your tv.

one of my friends uses sharp widescreen  16:9 lcd 37" hdtv, both pm2 and pm3 has no gui problem, they fit the screen perfectly. (don't know about pm1, not seen him using it, but guess no problem as well)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Calibrate/Adjust UI size, (stretch or shrink)0