Solved Kodi freezes when Cleaning Library
Yes, looks clean, but there is something in your setup still trying to access the same online site.

&url=http://dedicated10gbpscctv.com:80/live/Adele/Adele123/15698.ts

You need to find where that reference is coming from and why.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-24, 18:18)Pitman33 Wrote: It would be an unbearable task to start all over with a clean install.
Make use of... Import-export library (wiki)

(2020-04-24, 18:18)Pitman33 Wrote: I wouldn't want to lose all my preferences and settings, etc.
Backup (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I tried disabling as many running add-ons as possible, and still got the problem. That "adele" reference is nowhere to be found on laptop or main computer. I'm stumped.

As for exporting/backing up, my setup is this, I run Kodi from a laptop that streams media from several different hard drives on my main computer. I have a lot of Asian content, and when scraping, I have to sometimes use different scrapers to get the correct info, and also in many instances I have to download my own posters, art to the local folders and select them that way if the scrapers don't provide the right info. The process is manual and time consuming. So, I have data on the laptop, on various drives...etc. Not sure how I would save all that info in a clean Kodi install so that I wouldn't have to go through that process again.

I can live with the clean library function not working. As I just go through my individual video sources and scan for new content, and remove as I go along. 

It's just a head scratcher why Kodi insists on trying to access some URL to download something during the clean.
(2020-04-25, 16:51)Pitman33 Wrote: Not sure how I would save all that info in a clean Kodi install so that I wouldn't have to go through that process again.
Run the export to separate files option. This will create a nfo file for each movie and tv show from the data in the library. This should actually benefit you as now you don't have to rescrape using multiple scrapers, the information is now on your local drives anytime you need it to be rescanned into the library. The guide explains this.

(2020-04-25, 16:51)Pitman33 Wrote: It's just a head scratcher why Kodi insists on trying to access some URL to download something during the clean.
It is not trying to download anything. You asked Kodi to clean the database of all redundant entries. It only knows if something is redundant by checking each individual record, then trying to find the corresponding file to see if it still exists. In this case it is following the address it was given to find the file. I am fairly certain that this is a hang-over from piracy addons. So you would need to contact the addon developers of those addons to fix it.
My Signature
I found the location of the reference. It was in MyVideos116.db 

You were right, it was from some old add-ons. I tried to edit the file, but that didn't work out too well. Smile I ended up removing the file, and re-scanning/scraping my videos database. Worked out well.  Didn't take that much time, as Kodi remembered all the local info I had collected. It also gave me a chance to fix some other broken links in the sources. 

Looks like I'm back to normal now. 

Thanks again for your generous support. Was much appreciated.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
It might be solved, but I would like to know what the actual problem was.  Probably never know.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi freezes when Cleaning Library0