Solved Refresh rate Kodi
OK that confirms it but still no idea what causes this.
The "CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: display change event" is supposed to be a line or two after "DX::DeviceResources::SetFullScreen: switching from..." depending on windowed fullscreen or fullscreen exclusive.
Raised later than "DX::DeviceResources::CreateBackBuffer: create buffers." like in your log and it will be detected as an external change.

Your nVidia driver is very recent and is unlikely to be the problem (I'm at 545.92). Maybe it's a new behavior of Windows 11 but I don't have such a computer to test, only Windows 10.

As a workaround maybe setting kodi.exe in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 compatibility mode might do something to restore the usual timing.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry for the late update. I have also tried to put Kodi in compatibility mode but without success. I'm out of ideas, but as a as a compromise I start and stop Kodi via a command sctipt that sets Windows back to the correct resolution and refresh rate on exit. The only thing I'm missing now is to set HDR off on exit if Kodi doesn't turn it off, which happens from time to time. It doesn't look like Windows has an API where you can read whether HDR is off or on, only toggle. As a side project, I have tested the refresh rate toggling problem with the "Plex HTPC" player running the mpv engine. It works fine, but this solution has other bigger problems so I'm sticking with Kodi for now.

Another problem I have discovered is that when you pause a video, stuttering occurs when you start the video again. I bypass this problem by avoiding pause but rather stopping it completely and then starting it again.

I've been using Kodi since XBMC4Xbox on a modded Xbox Classic over 10 years ago, so I can live with a few minor issues here and there. 😁
I'm reluctant to propose a code change for this because there have been users on Windows 11 using refresh rate and HDR switching (including team members) for years, and this is the first report of the issue.

I would suggest attacking this from the Windows side. Builtin OS repair tools, maybe there is interference from a remoting tool like VNC, or antivirus, ...
The atomic option would be to reinstall Win11 on a separate disk or other partition to see what happens with a totally clean install. And then add your programs/configurations little by little to find out the culprit.

Yes there is an API to find the HDR status of a screen. See function CWIN32Util::GetWindowsHDRStatus() of Kodi, Windows functions GetDisplayConfigBufferSizes()/QueryDisplayConfig().
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
I understand well that you do not initiate changes to the code, this is most likely a problem with my installation. I'm getting a new PC in a few days, then I'll start from scratch. Promise to update here with the experience both stuttering and refresh rate problems.

I was not aware that there was an API that actually reads the HDR status as all the tools for Windows I have found only toggle off or on regardless of what HDR is actually set to. Windows has a built-in keyboard shortcut for this (Win + ALT + B) but no on or off, only toggle.
A quick feedback.

After a reinstallation of Windows 11 and a new graphics card (Nvidia 4060), Kodi behaves normally again. Refresh rate is set to 60 after stopping playback. This was probably not a Kodi problem.

Thank you for your commitment.
Great, solved!
And the stuttering is gone. Back to Kodi - Kodi forever!! 🙏❤️
(2023-11-25, 11:59)kailimi Wrote: And the stuttering is gone. Back to Kodi - Kodi forever!! 🙏❤️
Indeed. There's few things as satisfying as a perfectly running Kodi HTPC machine. At least for me.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh rate Kodi0