• 2(current)
XBox Component Video Cable Options for High-Definiton Output (enable 480p/720p/1080i)
Hi, sorry but I didn't find on how to scratch the S-VIDEO output. Could you supply more information ? Thanks
XBMC 1 : XBOX + HD 2,5" 160Gb + Case SILVERSTONE LASCALA LC04 + Logitech Harmony ONE remote
XBMC 2 : ATV2
NAS server : CPU Intel ATOM 1,6Ghz + MB ECS 945GCT-D + 1Gb RAM + Storage 160Gb 2,5" for O.S. and 1Tb 3,5" for data + Windows XP
Has anybody tried the 3rd party dongle that is just HD? It doesn't have S-Video. There are lots of them on ebay for $14.50. It looks just like the official Microsoft HDAV dongle.
I've been using the Psyclone cables for years, great quality totally happy with them.
I was going to buy some of those, which were on amazon.com, but they are now discontinued from there.
Cocophone Wrote:Has anybody tried the 3rd party dongle that is just HD? It doesn't have S-Video. There are lots of them on ebay for $14.50. It looks just like the official Microsoft HDAV dongle.

Yeah, that's the one I bought recently. It works well and so does the optical out. Mine didn't come with any cables but I had some spare ones anyway.
I had been wanting to do this since I got my HDTV but had not had the chance to really look into it. A friend showed me what I would need, and I found the MS HD AV Pack for $10 bucks via a swap meet. To anyone who's not done this and has a HDTV its now I think a absolute must. Before without this pack I was dissapointed how XBMC looked on my new tv, words were all nasty looking, like pixalated, things like that. Once I hooked it up with the pack I still didn't see much of a difference, took me about a day and a half to remember I had to enable it in the settings. I was thrilled with the way it looked.

So as some might think as I did once that 'eh its just a nice addon I don't really need,' WRONG. It's a must.

So for me the MS HD AV Pack worked awesome, no ghosting, just perfect.
jess
My Blog
The yobo Component cables work fine for me. You can add those to the list if you want. All they have though is just the three components and stereo sound.

That is fine for most though.

Best of luck!

- 2 Bunny
A simple question: is best component output or VGA?
On my TV-LCD i have connected a pal-XBOX (switched to NTSC) and choosed the 720p resolution and i see all ok. But if I launch a game or a emu, the resolution changes and the top-left corner moves about 100 pixel to the upper-left loosing a part of the screen-output... why? With a component cable i will have the same result?
Inside of the emulator, there should be a setting to recalibrate the screen. Calibrating the screen inside of XBMC has no influence on the screen settings of any other application you launch. Try to see if you can fix it inside of the emulators or games.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Thanks for the reply!
I will try... but for games? for example, TheGodFather have not screen setup section! And i tried to launch it in NTSC-J, NTSC-M or PAL60 mode and nothing changes. The LCD input source are set to VGA ... BIOS are eXecuter2 (latest version) VGA Patched (<- by me); XBOX are v1.4 (with 128MB/500GB HD)... it's a strange effect! If I buy/selfmade a component cable, i will have the same problem? Boh...
I see what you're saying now. I didn't realize it was doing it with Xbox games. I thought you were referring to Emulators and Homebrew games.
If you can boot the original MS Dash, you can check to see if you have 720 enabled and try to enable or disable "Wide Screen" to see if that changes anything.

I've got a component cable and haven't had any problems with it, but hopefully this is something messed up with your settings so you won't have to get a different cable.

If it is your settings, then you'd likely see the same problem with a component cable. Try ruling out the configuration first.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Has anyone ever had any problems with their cables after they have installed them then gone back to rca then finally back to the componet cable?
Smile 
kingpango Wrote:Has anyone ever had any problems with their cables after they have installed them then gone back to rca then finally back to the componet cable?

Well, I've never tried it in an RCA Television, but I do know that mine works on high definition and standard definition with component and composite cables. You just have to go to the settings and set it to automatic.

For playing games in high definition, you have to go under the hardware information tab or whatever and manually select widescreen and the high definition options that apply to you.

Good luck!

- 2 Bunny
Im looking for a HDTV cable pack and am unable to locate Psyclone Component Video with Digital Audio Out anywhere online.

I was wondering if there is something new on the market or if anyone is using something for their XBOX to project 720p to their HDTVHuh

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, Im using my xbox only for XBMC (movies, music and videos) and not to play any games.
Big Grin 
grupy Wrote:Im looking for a HDTV cable pack and am unable to locate Psyclone Component Video with Digital Audio Out anywhere online.

I was wondering if there is something new on the market or if anyone is using something for their XBOX to project 720p to their HDTVHuh

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, Im using my xbox only for XBMC (movies, music and videos) and not to play any games.

Well, I am fairly certain that the Microsoft Pack had an optical output for sound. Most other cables (just shop around) like Yobo will offer good value for the price. I know the Yobo cables do not have an optical out though.

I saw some for a good price at this eBay link.

- 2 Bunny
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBox Component Video Cable Options for High-Definiton Output (enable 480p/720p/1080i)1