A proposal for solution to provide full music 'single' support in XBMC
unrelated to this patch. yes, svn does it and have done it for a couple of years
Great - now I'm really really looking forward to this patch. My HUGE singles collection is tagged and ready:-)
Any chance of getting this patch committed to SVN in the near future ?
Please don't take this the wrong way: If it needs to mature for a while I understand completely, but then I will not be checking status on this item every day Wink I eagerly await the day I can use XBMC as my preferred 'party music jukebox', and this patch may be what is needed for me. Thanks!
jmarshall is on vacation
I'm very confused. Does this patch also enable music fanart in more view nodes than just artist?

Because of this post by ronie...
why on earth would it do thatHuh
spiff Wrote:jmarshall is on vacation
OK - I'll try to be patient Wink
A better solution would be to have a separate library for singles.

I really don't want them showing up in Artist or year filters.
Why? If you want to show all songs by year, then they should certainly be present. Similarly if you want to show all songs by an artist.

The only views where they should need grouping better would be the album views (as they're not albums), which is what this suggestion is for - all singles are given a blank album name, and XBMC then groups these together into a "singles" album for that artist.

These "singles" albums don't show up in the main albums listing, but will be available from a separate "Singles" list.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:These "singles" albums don't show up in the main albums listing, but will be available from a separate "Singles" list.

I'm guessing the vast majority of people use the Artist list as their main browsing method for music. Even if singles were somehow grouped in a lower priority to the main albums that would be awesome.

In a perfect world I would like to go to an artist E.G. "Linkin Park" and find music albums, singles, any VA compilations they are on, Recorded livesets, Film soundtracks, Bootlegs, Remixes, music videos, music dvds ect.

It should be the ultimate goal to allow all kinds of media to be cross referenced with each other in a prioritised and grouped way.
Sure, so they show up in the artists list.

You click on "Linkin Park" and their albums are listed and, in addition, there's a "Singles" item there as well (assuming you have Linkin Park singles).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I've been waiting for this for a longtime.

I think there should be a "singles" node in the main list because then we can jump to the artist's singles directly.

or another option could be to split the navagation into 2 & have a Albums section & Singles sections.
So you could click Singles & have all the options like artist, year ect... but it would'nt display anything from albums & visa versa for the Albums

& maybe to turn on/off in advanced settings?
This is in as of r22831. There's a separate "Singles" node as discussed, which simply lists all singles from all artists. Obviously individual singles are listed in the "Singles" item under each artist listing as well.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:This is in as of r22831. There's a separate "Singles" node as discussed, which simply lists all singles from all artists. Obviously individual singles are listed in the "Singles" item under each artist listing as well.

Cheers,
Jonathan

thanx jm, a very nice addition to xbmc.

does this also mean we can use Container.Content(Singles) in the skin?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hmm, dunno - let me check...

EDIT: Not currently. Does it make sense to have this a separate content type anyway? Surely it's just a "Songs" content type, after all (it just lists songs).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A proposal for solution to provide full music 'single' support in XBMC0