[LINUX] Activate VDPAU rescaling for XVID and MPEG2 on NVIDIA Feature Set C Hardware?
Nigggo Wrote:thx... didn't see that there was a second page.
i installed your build... thx for your help. which one of those filters should be best? lanczos2 , 3 , 3optimized.... still i cant activate vdpau... are the new methods better than vdpau?

Choose "auto". Yes they are at least or better quality than vdpau hq upscaler.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sensei73 Wrote:alain, could you upload it to http://dl.free.fr because rapishare is overloaded?
this is a french site without any limitation for download beside it's only FOR LEGAL files (witch is the case). thanks in advance

This French is too much for me. Anyway i am waiting for confirmation of the webspace i bought from a commercial webspace provider. Should arrive soon. I will upload it there with great bandwith.

If anyone has more suggestions what to backport to the stable release i am willing to check it out if it is interesting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Hi alanwww1,

Thanks for your job!

I would like to try but I have ubuntu Karmic 64bits so I examined the zip file and unfortunately i contains only 32bit package version. Can you make a 64bits deb package too for the 64bits linux systems?

Thanks in advance!
bodhidarma Wrote:I would like to try but I have ubuntu Karmic 64bits so I examined the zip file and unfortunately i contains only 32bit package version. Can you make a 64bits deb package too for the 64bits linux systems?Thanks in advance!

I will try. Never done that before. Give me some time.

I updated the download link to a high bandwidth server with unlimited access to everyone.

Feedbacks are wellcome how it works for you, specially on ATI or Intel hardware.
alanwww1 Wrote:I will try. Never done that before. Give me some time.

I don't want to use 32 bit version I waiting for your update. Smile THX

Quote:Feedbacks are wellcome how it works for you, specially on ATI or Intel hardware.

I have nvidia GT210 but I'll try your scaling solution, and I'll refer you about the result.

It would be the best your special algorithm works only the SD content and the VDPAU works on the HD content. I tried the last version from the svn, but it doesn't work well with the divx/xvid sd content with vdpau and it doesn't work with dvd content too.
alanwww1 Wrote:And also an "auto" option which chooses Lanczos 3 optimized for SD and Bilinear for HD content.

Shouldn't this be bicubic for HD content? Isn't bilinear better for downsizing HD content? http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/bi...icubic.htm
liq456 Wrote:Shouldn't this be bicubic for HD content? Isn't bilinear better for downsizing HD content? http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/bi...icubic.htm

This is the same i was thinking about, but this is how it is implemented now by the devs. I think they wanted to stay on the safer side so that bicubic with HD sizes might be two much for some videocards.
liq456 Wrote:Shouldn't this be bicubic for HD content? Isn't bilinear better for downsizing HD content? http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/bi...icubic.htm
Get a better television so you don't have to downsize anything.
Also there's hardly any difference between using bicubic and bilinear for upscaling HD.
Question 
So if we install this, do we have to turn off high quality software scaling in advancedsettings.xml?

- Does this provide a better or similar result?

And once installed, how do we control which scaling method it uses?

Thanks!
the scaling in advancedsettings are going to be auto disabled soon as we are going to remove it..

finite3 Wrote:So if we install this, do we have to turn off high quality software scaling in advancedsettings.xml?
- Does this provide a better or similar result?
And once installed, how do we control which scaling method it uses?
Thanks!

Yes, Yes,
and while playing a movie, press M and from video settings select the scaling method you want to use. I suggest using "auto"
bobo1on1 Wrote:Get a better television so you don't have to downsize anything.

I'm taking donations! :p
alanwww1 Wrote:The DEB packages for easy installation are ready.

Thanks for providing the easy update.

SD content looks great.
Dear alanwww1, can I download the patch with 64bits deb package from somewhere?

I would like to try this good stuff in my 64bits karmic ubuntu.

Thanks in advance!
Thumbs Up 
Thanks - it works well, and doesn't break anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Activate VDPAU rescaling for XVID and MPEG2 on NVIDIA Feature Set C Hardware?0