should I wait for the zbox hd-id40
tboooe Wrote:This looks like a really nice box but was just wondering if its any better or worse than the Acer Aspire 3700. They both share the same ATOM/ION combo. I think from a pure cost point of view, the Acer is cheaper since it comes with a hdd, memory, wireless keyboard/mouse, and WIN7 for $340. I think the ZOTAC costs about this much for a barebones system. Add in a HDD/SSD, memory, and WIN7 and the price would be more than $500. Dont get me wrong, I am not an Acer fanboy or a ZOTAC hater. I just want to understand if the ZOTAC is worth the extra money. I am in the market for another HTPC so I want to make the best decision possible.
I'd say it's time to move away from Atom-based HTPCs and go with something like this instead.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
MidnightWatcher Wrote:I'd say it's time to move away from Atom-based HTPCs and go with something like this instead.

Yes, that or AMD Fusion
linko Wrote:Yes, that or AMD Fusion
Fusion sounds good, I just have no idea how long we'll need to wait until it garners support in Linux equal to that of the ION. Maybe it'll be good for XBMC on Windows 7, just not Linux.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
RocketDude Wrote:I just got an ID40, and my setup is whisper quiet -- I don't hear the fan at all.

Likewise. Bearly hearable and quite fluent with fullHD H264 over LAN. Fantastic HW!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
should I wait for the zbox hd-id400