• 2(current)
some E350/HD 6310 results - AMD Zacate on MSI E350IA-E45
Laserfreak Wrote:Hi , I have nearly the same setup like you ( MSI e350 ) and after playing around some hours i can confirm that XBMC runs quite fine under Ubuntu 10.10 with VA.

H264 runs perfect with ~15% CPU usage on both cores ( high Bitrate mkv ) .

I have installed the latest ATI Drivers and followed these instructions :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80940

( Choose the latest VAAPI lyberys , instead of the old ones mentioned in the thread )

After that I applyed the patch from this thread to avoid stuttering :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86581&page=7

Now everything runs fine Nod

nice !
i'm downloading xbmc live as we speak Smile
hopefully it's not too hard for me :$

in windows 7 it goes a bit stuttering when browsing movies but i think this is because of the slow and old HDD and only 100mbit ...
@Laserfreak could you test this movie (for some reason its not working on hd4200 with latest libva etc & patched xbmc). Mplayer-vaapi says [email protected] is max for xvba-video driver...
too bad i cant get the live 10.1 not to a usbboot device Sad for windows it was ok
nemek Wrote:@Laserfreak could you test this movie (for some reason its not working on hd4200 with latest libva etc & patched xbmc). Mplayer-vaapi says [email protected] is max for xvba-video driver...

It runs , but with some heavy noise No
some pics:

Also worth pointing out that the fan is just screwed into the heatsink like any other one, its not a flat integrated one, so swapping it out for a nice silent one is an easy trick. I think a pair of decent chipset coolers is all you will need to have a solid passive machine.
@ Laserfreak

Hi, maybe you could have a look here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90474

How about your CPU usage in home-screen and while browsing the libaryHuh

Kind regards

Oliver aka Liquidolze
nice case wicky , verry compact !
how do you get the cover of the fan out of the way to change it to another fan ?

u can see mine at my project topic Wink
The cover of the fan is just fixed to the heasink with a double sided ducttape , so its easy to take it of ... with a cutterblade and a little force.
Laserfreak Wrote:The cover of the fan is just fixed to the heasink with a double sided ducttape , so its easy to take it of ... with a cutterblade and a little force.

yea, it's not really needed and I doubt there will be any effect from leaving it off, if it gets busted in the removal process. If anything it is just acting as a guide for channeling the air downward.

I disconnected my fan the other day and have been putting it through its paces completely passive. So far there has been no throttling or crashes. Really surprised MSI didn't just release it passive, this thing is locked in a sealed wooden box with no ventilation and still doesn't miss a beat :p
What case is that?
the case is the M350 black, but it is also available in silver, each is $40. Its my favorite prototyping case, so many various adapters and is very flexible.
Does the Zacate have decent VA deinterlacing under Windows?
What power supply are you using with that?

I like that case, and paired with a passive cooled Zacate and an SSD it would be perfect for silence.
@Stu-e right now I do not have an option for VA deinterlacing, only adaptive, weave, bob, and motion. Im assuming this is a driver issue as its a feature the 6130 should be powerful enough to support, but I'll dig into it.

@divisionbell 77 the power supply is a PICO PSU built by mini-box, the come in a variety of levels, ranging from 80-160w. You can see them here
VA Deinterlacing with Zacate is no problem with DXVA Checker...

Quelle : KLICK and KLICK
CmMode_Deinterlace 8
UseBT601CSC 1
VForceDeint 6
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
some E350/HD 6310 results - AMD Zacate on MSI E350IA-E452