eskro Wrote:i dont know in which language i have to type,,,
Let me try again,,,

keeping the ISO format is for those who like the menus and bonus's and stuff,,,
Things that XBMC will never play,,,
Things = BD menus
not because it can't,
but because XBMC would have to become a PayWare,,,,,
You need a license for playing BD menus,,,,
i think you are completely miss-understood me my friend. i said i'm one of those people that like to rip my bd into iso because i want to preserve the original bd contents (menus, bonuses, etc). xbmc pre-eden in my signature is not a payware, and it can playback bd iso without any payware. it can playback bd iso without any external player either. if you go to my signature and try it for yourself, you'll find out what i meant. who know, you might like it too!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
i think i'll jump off the bridge,,, brb,,,

im saying, XBMC cant play BD menus!!!!!!!!!!!!
eskro Wrote:i think i'll jump off the bridge,,, brb,,,

im saying, XBMC cant play BD menus!!!!!!!!!!!!
i got your point since your first mentioned it my friend, and please do not jump off the bridge. i know that xbmc doesn't support bd menu and xbmc by itself is not natively support playback bd iso. i'm try to point out that, even though pre-eden doesn't support bd menu, it is capable of natively playback bd iso with hd audio without external paid ware. if i want to playback iso with menus and other goodies, i have tmt5 for that purpose!
i never said anything about XBMC not being able to play ISO's!!

i only specified that XBMC cant play BD menus!!!
eskro Wrote:i never said anything about XBMC not being able to play ISO's!!

i only specified that XBMC cant play BD menus!!!
check second line of your post #23, and that is what i tried to get my point across about pre-eden can natively playback iso by itself. i think that we might be talking about two different things here.

i don't want to take away op thread, and i wish op the best with his quest. if you need more help, you can always come back here!
toymachine2009 Wrote:Thank you for that. That is def an option to consider now.. I believe Synology devices can run sickbeard and couch potato and SAB as well am I right on my assumption?

I don't know precisely for sickbeard, CP and SAB. You'll have to chck out as I don't use them. I know though that you can install packages in the DS211j. But wht packages I couldn't tell.
You might find this page interesting toymachine2009: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5653370/synology.html

and this one : http://forum.synology.com/wiki/index.php...stall_ipkg
Balinus Wrote:You might find this page interesting toymachine2009: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5653370/synology.html

and this one : http://forum.synology.com/wiki/index.php...stall_ipkg

Thanks!
Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Ok, i have settled on the below:

- NAS:

Going for QNAP TS-212 with 2 x Hitachi Deskstar 2TB CoolSpin 5K3000 (HDS5C3020ALA632). RAID 1 SETUP

- HTPC:

CPU - Intel Pentium G840, Socket 1155, Dual Core, 2.80GHz, 3MB Smart Cache, GPU 850Mhz, 65W, (BX80623G840)

MB - GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2-B3 Intel 6 Series Motherboard (GA-H61M-S2-B3)

RAM - Kingston HyperX 4 GB Kit (2x2 GB Modules) 1333 MHz DDR3 Desktop Memory KHX1333C7D3K2/4GX

Blue Ray Player - SAMSUNG Black SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive SH-B123L/RSBP with Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 software

Power Supply - CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC

SSD - 40GB 25nm Corsair Force Series F40A 2.5", SandForce, Read 280MB/s, Write 270MB/s, 50,000 IOPS (CSSD-F40GB2-A)

GPU - Asus nVidia GeForce GT430 1GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card - ENGT430/DI;1GD3(LP)

Case - SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum / 0.8mm SECC Grandia Series GD05B 3x120mm golf bladed fan, 11" expansion card capable HTPC Case

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

HP IR Receiver HP Media Center Remote Control USB Receiver for Windows Emitter/transmitter/receiver/transceiver USB device

Logitech Wireless Desktop MK320

Does anyone see any compatibly issues whit the above or any problem with the hardware fitting into the silverstone case?

Sorry for the newb question, gonna splash the cash tomorrow and want to avoid making any massive errors.
dfis4 Wrote:Does anyone see any compatibly issues whit the above or any problem with the hardware fitting into the silverstone case?

yes!

you'll have issues fitting your SAMSUNG optical drive in there
if you use the CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 PSU,,,

thats exactly why its not the PSU u see in my microATX builds,,,
Really?.....outatouch seemed to get it all to fit without any issues (link attached to my original post on thread)
i would triple check if i were u
Guys, I'm glad to say I got it all put together and it all fits. Thanks for all the feedback Smile

However I have one issue, Windows 7 is not recognizing my GT430 graphics card, I have updated all drivers for MB and Windows and still nothing. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC and NAS - help spend my money!0