v16 Kodi Crashes after update from 15.2 to 16 beta 1
Can you enable debug logging, stop Kodi, drop MyMusic56, then start Kodi and update the log which should now contain the migration of MyMusic52 to MyMusic56 - my guess would be that the migration is failing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Millhouse he may have removed MyMusic52.db from his server, in a misunderstanding while I was trying to diagnose (after the problem occurred so not the cause).

So to catch the migration failing, if that is the issue, we need you get Isengard working on your client/server set up first. Then enable debug and try to upgrade to Jarvis.
Yeah saw that, hoped MyMusic52 might still be available but if not oh well never mind.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The crash seems repeatable, so I'm hoping that the OP will go back and get Isengard working, enable debug and the issue will reveal itself.
At the very least we need a debug log showing the database being created, whether that be a migration or not. If this is happening with new databases (ie. no migration involved) then it might suggest a server/configuration issue. The database most likely isn't being created correctly/fully, and we need to see that error.
Yes, I'm with you on that. Since the OP managed to update a standalone installation from Isengard to Jarvis, and only got a problem with his client/server setup it does raise questions about a server config issue. Initially he thought both were pointing at his server, and didn't understand why one crashed and the other didn't. Would like to nail this down.
so i hope i have understood what you need.
i have made 3 new debuglogs. at first i deleted all mymusic tables on the server. then i started Isengard. It creates the database mymusic52. that is the first Log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_koSsH...sp=sharing

after that i installed Jarvis and tried to start. here is the log

then i have made another try. i have erased all mymusic tables and started jarvis again.

i hope it will help you... i choosed googledrive for my datas because they were to large for pastebin.

thank you
I'm not really convinced the problem is with the music DB.
In fact the only place where we query the version table is in UpdateVersion(), but you can see the same error in the last log (where Kodi is creating a *new* database):
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...e.cpp#L520

I'm starting to think you have a problem with the video database (in my log it's just after MyMusic).
I believe you have a MyVideos99 which failed to upgrade. Please check and drop it, then post a new debug log.
(2015-11-22, 21:54)menakite Wrote: I believe you have a MyVideos99 which failed to upgrade. Please check and drop it, then post a new debug log.

That makes sense...

Edit: Separately, perhaps the error message should be more explicit and should mention the name of the database that is being queried - not sure if this is generic code? At the very least it might be worth adding the database name to the version query to prevent this kind of problem in future...
@menakite: This patch would produce a less confusing error message - any objections? I'm a bit worried about the string concatenating, hopefully this is permissible with stdstrings (it seems to work). It would produce the following error message in both MySQL and SQLite (I renamed the version table in my own MySQL video database for this test):
Code:
20:52:18 T:140684419954816  NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic56
20:52:18 T:140684419954816   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99] The table does not exist
                                            Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

Edit: Created PR8421.
Sure, indicating the database is useful information. Thanks.
Having to guess in front of a debug log smells like that debug log is pretty useless...
i have erased the myvideo99 table and started jarvis to upgrade the table from myvideo93 to 99. here is the log:

http://pastebin.com/AVGSFWb5
so i found out that the myvideos99 table is incomplete after creating....
(2015-11-22, 23:32)domi1893 Wrote: so i found out that the myvideos99 table is incomplete after creating....

Do you mean you still have a problem, or are you simply confirming that an incomplete MyVideos99 db was the problem all along, and the problem is now fixed?
(2015-11-23, 00:21)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-11-22, 23:32)domi1893 Wrote: so i found out that the myvideos99 table is incomplete after creating....

Do you mean you still have a problem, or are you simply confirming that an incomplete MyVideos99 db was the problem all along, and the problem is now fixed?

the problem is still there. it´s just an information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Crashes after update from 15.2 to 16 beta 10