[split] AFTV vs Shield
fritsch Wink
(2016-08-24, 15:43)fritsch Wrote: Yeah and nvidia now knows, that kodi itself is dead for android and that for future development they should contact mrmc and spmc?

... sarcasm-tinged post, or what?

That kind of talk spreads like wildfire in a forest; especially with all the existing speculation posted around here.
yikes.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
It's more like, vanilla Kodi won't be as good as it could be on Android, but it certainly still works. Forks will contain a small edge over Kodi for v16 and v17. Hopefully, more PRs are prepared and accepted for v18.

Whatever it's called, whoever makes it, a Kodi-based player will always have a future for Android. No one is worried.
(2016-08-24, 16:45)shomari Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 15:43)fritsch Wrote: Yeah and nvidia now knows, that kodi itself is dead for android and that for future development they should contact mrmc and spmc?

That kind of talk spreads like wildfire in a forest; especially with all the existing speculation posted around here.
Especially to those that ignore the "?" behind.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That was a question to mrmc, as they certainly don't give out hw to strangers with no arguments.

Edit:
(2016-08-24, 16:27)Ned Scott Wrote: Nvidia knew that a long time ago, I assure you.
^^ that means, you told them before or what?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-08-24, 18:41)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 16:45)shomari Wrote:

Especially to those that ignore the "?" behind.

There was a question ?
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-08-24, 18:43)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 16:27)Ned Scott Wrote: Nvidia knew that a long time ago, I assure you.
^^ that means, you told them before or what?

Not I.
But?
(2016-08-24, 18:54)fritsch Wrote: But?

What are you getting at?
Why can you assure, nvidia knew - also just asking, why you are sure.

@mrmc: I added it 5 seconds after Posting, cause I felt sarcasm would not be appropriate.
You seem to be asking if they know about Android's uncertain future in Kodi mainline, and both Koying and MrMC have commented that they've talked to Nvidia about that topic. Nvidia's forum support people also seem to be aware of SPMC and the additional Nvidia-related fixes it brings. The topic of "Kodi vs SPMC" has been brought up there as well. It's not like any of this is a closely guarded secret.

Maybe I'm reading too much into people's comments, but that seems fairly straight forward. Or maybe I'm giving Nvidia's people too much credit, and they still don't understand the situation?
Hehe - if they understand "the situation", they probably understand more than we do. Basically I don't know what "the situation" is. Android is still a kodi platform, receiving changes from now and then - the last one by me iirc - some others pick stuff from koying, mrmc picks the videoplayer and the new audio engine from us - so taking and giving.

I am quite not sure what will happen, cause - let me phrase it in a meme:

Or maybe other shoulds try it.
It certainly helps to have been working with nvidia on and off since the original arm tegra surfaced long ago. I doubt that any here remember the L4T (linux for tegra) project. And before that, helped them to resolve a GPU over-heat bug long, long ago with the original AppleTV1 under a Linux kernel. Just had to sync to old friends Smile
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-08-24, 20:32)Ned Scott Wrote: Maybe I'm reading too much into people's comments, but that seems fairly straight forward. Or maybe I'm giving Nvidia's people too much credit, and they still don't understand the situation?

If they didn't then hopefully as of last week they do, at least the best that I could explain it.

(2016-08-24, 20:53)fritsch Wrote: Image

Or maybe other shoulds try it.

You'd be surprised. Wink
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] AFTV vs Shield1