• 3(current)
Kodi broken after Nvidia Shield Experience 9 Update - Nvidia 9.1.0 now available
same issues with Kodi 17.6 on Shield pro 2017, all addons give me a message can't access network and won't start.
can't access repos. even install from zip fails as there is no network access for Kodi at all, because of permissions issues.
damn, I'm lost without Realizer working....
also can't access to the data folder with ex explorer,  fx explorer, that is the main problem, which causing those issues for Kodi, can't access network.
lesson learned, although I think it will be the last update for my model anyway.
Nvidia, what a bunch of amatures....
Wonder if any non Nividia devices running Android 11 + Kodi are having similar issues?
I installed the hotfix, but nothing has really changed , scraping my media folders locks up or moves super slowly have had to restart ShieldTV multiple times after Kodi lockup. A source folder I removed from Kodi access still shows being scanned. Many of the movie thumbnails there before are missing now. Just redid Kodi and my entire media library a week ago, had everything dialed in....
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2022-01-14, 03:07)b1tman Wrote: damn, I'm lost without Realizer working....

Don't come to this forum moaning about piracy-related tools not working. We're really not in the mood for that.
Read (again) the forum rules (wiki) and its piracy policy (wiki) that you have accepted.
I had mounted my Samba share "globally" through Shield settings. Kodi can still see the directories if I browse to them directly, BUT for some reason all the files vanished from my library? Maybe the path name is different now?

Since I "only" have maybe 10 movies and 20 series there, I just re-added the paths to library and Kodi scanned them ok. Only took some time to set "watched" status again.

So, everything is fine now. This is with the "original" Shield 9.0.0 update, I have not signed up for the beta.

I also noticed the 1080i50 problem, it's really bad when watching snooker.. Sad Hopefully that is fixed soon.
I was told by Nvidia staff to uninstall and reinstall Kodi to be able to read the file in the external drives connected to my Shield, but what will happen to my scrapped movies library, installed addons, skin settings? Will I loose them? Is there a way to backup everything and restore?
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2022-01-14, 17:15)iMak Wrote: I was told by Nvidia staff to uninstall and reinstall Kodi to be able to read the file in the external drives connected to my Shield,
Is that with or without the 9.0.1 hotfix?

(2022-01-14, 17:15)iMak Wrote: but what will happen to my scrapped movies library, installed addons, skin settings? Will I loose them? Is there a way to backup everything and restore?
The simplest way to back is to have a SMB link from your computer to the Nvidia Shield and copy over the whole Kodi profile folder manually to a safe location. Doing this every time once in a while is recommended anyway, just like you would make backups of your personal data files... Right?

There is also a 3rd party Backup add-on in the Kodi Official repository (which I have never used or tested), of which I'm unsure WHAT or HOW it does backups.
(2022-01-14, 18:03)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-01-14, 17:15)iMak Wrote: I was told by Nvidia staff to uninstall and reinstall Kodi to be able to read the file in the external drives connected to my Shield,
Is that with or without the 9.0.1 hotfix?

(2022-01-14, 17:15)iMak Wrote: but what will happen to my scrapped movies library, installed addons, skin settings? Will I loose them? Is there a way to backup everything and restore?
The simplest way to back is to have a SMB link from your computer to the Nvidia Shield and copy over the whole Kodi profile folder manually to a safe location. Doing this every time once in a while is recommended anyway, just like you would make backups of your personal data files... Right?

There is also a 3rd party Backup add-on in the Kodi Official repository (which I have never used or tested), of which I'm unsure WHAT or HOW it does backups.
The hot fix was not mentioned in the reply, so I presume it’s without it.

I will try to backup the Kodi folder to one of my attached external drive because I don’t have SMB link. So to restore I have to replace the whole folder after I reinstall Kodi?
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2022-01-14, 18:56)iMak Wrote: So to restore I have to replace the whole folder after I reinstall Kodi?

Just make sure first you get a proper backup of the Kodi profile folder. I personally have not yet uninstalled Kodi on the Nvidia Shield, so I'm unsure what to expect. Hopefully there is a question at some point to leave the application data alone (or something similar).

Because of the local storage problems with the new 9.0 'experience', I thought a network connection would be better. But, just try your method first.
Does anyone know how to fix the voice search in Kodi 19.3 after installing the Shield 9.0 (+Hotfix) update? 

Previously if you opened up Global Search and then held down the select button on the remote, the voice search box would open up, allowing you to do voice to text. 
However now holding down the select button brings up the voice search box, but it instantly closes. It keeps opening and closing. 

Anyone know of a  fix?
Also make sure that you can write to the location where you need to restore your profile data. Currently I cannot write to the USB attached SSD that I have installed on my Shield as internal/adopted storage and where all my Kodi files are. The hotfix did restore the ability to see the files from my Windows system but I still can't write to it which worked just fine prior to the Nvidia update.
Update - I can write to other folders in the USB attached SSD drive connected to my Shield just not any of the directories in Kodi. According to Nvidia support this is a “feature” of Android 11…🤬 my guess is that this permissions “feature” is what is causing many of the addons to not work correctly.
I was experiencing several issues after Nvidia’s Shield update to v 9.0.0 of their sw which is based on Android 11. For me it broke 2 specific things when I'm listening to music (I'm using Layout 7 in Latts MQ8 Matrix Mod but my guess is that other Layouts are effected as well). Here are the two items that were no longer working:

1 - Scrolling thru artist images as background using Artist Slideshow (only 1 image displays).
2 - The discography display that scrolls thru the artist discography in the lower right of the screen no longer appears (not sure which specific addon is responsible for that).

I was able to resolve both of these issues. Hopefully this will help others. I went into the Artist Slideshow addon configuration under storage for artist images and artist information custom locations I switched to NFS (was using SMB) to point to the NAS location where I keep that info. Also if you are using a fallback image location switch that to NFS as well. For me this looks to have resolved the issues I was having as listed.
Thankfully, I already have a recent backup of my whole Kodi build. However, according to the NVIDIA Staff, while uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi would theoretically fix the problem, we can't restore our builds back to where they'd need to be yet since we no longer have access to the data folder. So it seems to me that outside of rooting our Shields and downgrading or buying a new Shield, we're stuck until Kodi, RetroArch, etc. update their apps so their data will be stored in an Android 11 accessible location.

This is such a massive clusterf*ck.
(2022-01-14, 23:49)BoosterSilver Wrote: Thankfully, I already have a recent backup of my whole Kodi build. However, according to the NVIDIA Staff, while uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi would theoretically fix the problem, we can't restore our builds back to where they'd need to be yet since we no longer have access to the data folder. So it seems to me that outside of rooting our Shields and downgrading or buying a new Shield, we're stuck until Kodi, RetroArch, etc. update their apps so their data will be stored in an Android 11 accessible location.

This is such a massive clusterf*ck.
You can still write to the Kodi data file using adblink. It’s not as easy as using Windows but it will get the job done.
FYI:

https://forums.plex.tv/t/shield-experien...770257/250

A plex "Employee" dealing with this same issue, says:

"Ok, got some more info. The issue with the usb not being writable is for devices with NTFS file system. This is the default for drive >64GB. This is the specific issue addressed in the NVidia hotfix. If you have a Fat32 device, you will not have this issue or need the hotfix. You’ll still need the updated PMS app when that’s ready."

Maybe this information will be helpful.

Personally, I disabled the update in time before I might have had to deal with this.
you could just use adblink ( http://www.jocala.com ) which can relocate the folder outside of the android main folder to make it play nice with the android 11 security changes
http://www.jocala.com/android11.html

to report back on upgrading to nvidia shield 9.0 everything kept working fine for me. kodi + mysql backend and playing content from nas over smb.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi broken after Nvidia Shield Experience 9 Update - Nvidia 9.1.0 now available0