Where To Buy A Acer Revo From?
I just spoke with an Acer representative who acknowledged that there has been definite shortage of the product. His answer was that ACER realized they wanted to include VESA mounting brackets in the box (presumably to sell these to SMBs and for use at PoS).

He said that the computer did just come out, and is not being discontinued - however they have to create a new SKU number because they are changing the parts list (to include the VESA bracket). He gave me the number of units on order as 650 - and said he'd expect to see distributors see shipment later this week, and hopefully resellers by early next.

So looks like this item has not been discontinued - but is being replaced with a slightly different SKU. I asked about price increase, and he did not have any definitive information, but thought that would probably not happen.

I have been trying to buy this computer since Black Friday - so I took it upon myself to just call...

(p.s., nice to see another AV123/TCA forum member around these parts, Mavinwow)
(p.p.s., I want to buy an AspireRevo to use an XBMC based HTPC - I've been lurking for months and felt compelled to finally register and share with you what I know)
rupnok Wrote:I just spoke with an Acer representative who acknowledged that there has been definite shortage of the product. His answer was that ACER realized they wanted to include VESA mounting brackets in the box (presumably to sell these to SMBs and for use at PoS).

He said that the computer did just come out, and is not being discontinued - however they have to create a new SKU number because they are changing the parts list (to include the VESA bracket). He gave me the number of units on order as 650 - and said he'd expect to see distributors see shipment later this week, and hopefully resellers by early next.

So looks like this item has not been discontinued - but is being replaced with a slightly different SKU. I asked about price increase, and he did not have any definitive information, but thought that would probably not happen.

I have been trying to buy this computer since Black Friday - so I took it upon myself to just call...

(p.s., nice to see another AV123/TCA forum member around these parts, Mavinwow)
(p.p.s., I want to buy an AspireRevo to use an XBMC based HTPC - I've been lurking for months and felt compelled to finally register and share with you what I know)

Thank you for telling us about this! I have been trying to get one for a while now, and Newegg has been giving me the ultimate run-around. I was actually told by newegg today that this model is discontinued because Intel is coming out with an Atom replacement next year. I was thinking WTF because this system is very highly reviewed, is brand new, and there is a huge demand for it!
Thanks for your post Rup!

So even though the Revo is now off of neweggs site, I got charged for my order today and it has now been sent to the warehouse. We shall see if it actually ships Smile
thanks rup, that seems hopeful. i wonder if i can get mine for christmas. it seems like the whole world is out of them.
So mine did infact ship, and my bing 10% cashback showed up! Set to arrive the 21st, hopefully its the correct model.
so excited. my 3610 just arrived this morning. I picked one up from a seller in taiwan on ebay while they were having the 20% bing cash back. I think it came out to ~240 with free shipping. ordered on the 6th and arrived today.

unfortunately I am heading out of town for the holidays tomorrow so I won't get much time to play with it.. can't wait to see it in action! I'm going to be replacing an original xbox xbmc system that recently took a dive.
Mavinwow Wrote:So mine did infact ship, and my bing 10% cashback showed up! Set to arrive the 21st, hopefully its the correct model.

I hope they re-list it soon, my order got voided for some reason....
Acer Aspire Revo R3600 Desktop PC, Atom 230 1.6GHz, 160GB HDD, 1 GB RAM, HDMI, nVidia GeForce 9400 ION, WIFI, Linux Bargin from ebuyer.
lefty420 Wrote:Acer Aspire Revo R3600 Desktop PC, Atom 230 1.6GHz, 160GB HDD, 1 GB RAM, HDMI, nVidia GeForce 9400 ION, WIFI, Linux Bargin from ebuyer.

Holding out for the 3610. I need a Windows 7 license anyways so I might as well get the 3610.
Looks like CDW has them in stock, hurry if you want one:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default...DC=1910349

got mine from newegg. Will hopefully get a chance to set it up over the holidays!
Mavinwow Wrote:Looks like CDW has them in stock, hurry if you want one:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default...DC=1910349

got mine from newegg. Will hopefully get a chance to set it up over the holidays!

Thanks.
Sorry to newegg, you snooze you lose.
A friend of mine brought me a 3610 from Taiwan. It came with the VESA bracket. The only difference in specs is that the HD is 320GB. XBMCLive works great on it.

Perhaps the US will get the 'new' 3610 soon? I sure hope so as I am already itching to get another one.
Check Frys if you've got one local. Last time I was in there (day after Christmas) they had plenty of both the 3610 and the 1600.
Surprisingly, my local Best Buy had an Acer Aspire Revo on display, despite not having them online, whatsoever.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where To Buy A Acer Revo From?0