v16 Kodi Crashes after update from 15.2 to 16 beta 1
Ok, can you upload a full debug log when creating MyVideos99 - your last debug log is incomplete and doesn't show the full migration of MyVideos93. This migration can take several minutes and you'll be stuck on a black screen during the migration so please be patient, then upload your debug long once the GUI appears (or Kodi crashes).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-11-23, 09:16)Milhouse Wrote: Ok, can you upload a full debug log when creating MyVideos99 - your last debug log is incomplete and doesn't show the full migration of MyVideos93. This migration can take several minutes and you'll be stuck on a black screen during the migration so please be patient, then upload your debug long once the GUI appears (or Kodi crashes).

Ok, i will try it later when i am at home. The Problem is that Kodi crashes as soon as the startscreen appears. I am not sure if the migration then works anymore?
I am trying to install Kodi 15.2 on my MAC with OS El Capitan version 10.11.1. Once i try to open Kodi it crashes. It was previuosly working fine and I was attempting to do a full backup using the USB-SDCARD Wizards addon. It kept giving me errors and wouldn't backup my kodi. Finally it crashed my Kodi so I unistalled Kodi, re-installed it, and tried to run it but it started to crash everytime I would attempt to start it.

I have tried the following:

1. Unistalled Kodi and delete all folders and instances from hard drive, re-istalled Kodi - Did not fin the problem.

2. Re-installed my MAC OS, re-istalled Kodi - Did not fin the problem.

3. Tried steping down to an earleir versión of Kodi - Did not fin the problem.

Here is my MAC crash report:

http://pastebin.com/dK07S0ns
DarcMan, a new thread would be better for your issue, this one is about a Jarvis installation. Perhaps one of the mods could split it for us?
My fault, I pointed @DarcMan here as he's experiencing a crash when checking database version (which database, dunno) and this is the same crash as domi1893 - I overlooked the fact DarcMan is not yet on Jarvis. DarcMan has a thread here (although that's not his own either). Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Of course I'm presuming that Jarvis is the issue for the OP!
(2015-11-23, 09:57)domi1893 Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 09:16)Milhouse Wrote: Ok, can you upload a full debug log when creating MyVideos99 - your last debug log is incomplete and doesn't show the full migration of MyVideos93. This migration can take several minutes and you'll be stuck on a black screen during the migration so please be patient, then upload your debug long once the GUI appears (or Kodi crashes).

Ok, i will try it later when i am at home. The Problem is that Kodi crashes as soon as the startscreen appears. I am not sure if the migration then works anymore?

Ok, the problem was solved. if i start Kodi, it seems that it crashes. If i make a mouseclick during the database update Kodi crashes and Windows tells me to close Kodi.... The solution is just to wait until Kodi is ready... this can take several minutes.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH
My apologies!
I will be go grazy.
Yesterday a killed all mysql and installed all new. After that I write the new mymusic56.db and all clients are listing that.
But today a get a lot of errors :-(
Code:
10:35:32 T:9260   ERROR: SQL: [MyMusic56] The table does not exist
                                            Query: SELECT songview.*, songartistview.* FROM (SELECT idAlbum FROM album ORDER BY idAlbum DESC LIMIT 10) AS recentalbums JOIN songview ON songview.idAlbum = recentalbums.idAlbum JOIN songartistview ON songview.idSong = songartistview.idSong ORDER BY songview.idAlbum desc, songview.itrack, songartistview.iOrder

If I go to mysql with that sql-command, it didnt ind a songview-tables.

Why I get this message?

I working with mysqld 5.7.9 and Kodi 16 Beta 3 build 2015-12-04
(2015-12-05, 12:21)Heiko123 Wrote: If I go to mysql with that sql-command, it didnt ind a songview-tables.

Why I get this message?

I working with mysqld 5.7.9 and Kodi 16 Beta 3 build 2015-12-04

Enable debugging, drop MyMusic56, restart Kodi and perform the database migration again, then upload your debug log (wiki).

If you're missing tables, nobody can tell what happened without knowing what took place during the migration (or database creation if it wasn't a migration).
Check the permissions:

SHOW GRANTS FOR 'xbmc';
= GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION

SELECT User, Trigger_priv FROM mysql.user WHERE User LIKE 'xbmc%'
= User Trigger_priv
---- ------------
xbmc Y

I did drop all schema and create it new, see log: http://xbmclogs.com/p6potyo26

and here a small collection when kodi fill the database with music: http://xbmclogs.com/pkcjtbfzq

Thanks
Looks fine, no database errors.
yes I see, I will oberve the next days.

I hope that not any client crashed the database, because I've got any different clients. (Firetv, tablet, raspi, w10..)
(2015-11-23, 17:55)domi1893 Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 09:57)domi1893 Wrote:

Ok, the problem was solved. if i start Kodi, it seems that it crashes. If i make a mouseclick during the database update Kodi crashes and Windows tells me to close Kodi.... The solution is just to wait until Kodi is ready... this can take several minutes.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH

Thanks for coming back and updating, you just saved me a lot of headaches. I just upgraded from 14.0 to 15.2 and mine crashed on first load because I clicked and then I was getting a failed to initialize error. I checked my MyVideos93 DB structure and sure enough the crash caused it to not write like half the DB. Deleted Kodi, dropped the MyVideos93 table and reinstalled and very carefully didn't click the mouse while loading and works like a charm now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Crashes after update from 15.2 to 16 beta 10