Intel Compute Stick (Cherry Trail - Released 2016)
pls share HDMI audio patch
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ssafj8/ image of Openelec 7.0 with HDMI audio patch
Patches: https://github.com/plbossart/sound/commi...t-hdmi-drm
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Any news on the 2nd gen compute stick and Kodi?
Does the latest LibreELEC 7.0 have the patches to get the audio working?

I am currently running a Raspberry Pi 2 with LibreELEC 7.0 and while it works great I am concerned about
the SD card getting corrupted as I am using it in a mini van via a HDMI aux port.

Compute stick seems like it would be a better solution as it has a power button and other things like wifi and Bluetooth built in.
Anyone know if these will allow for overscan? I'm assuming they will seeing they are designed ot plug into TV's but one of my TV's doesn't have the option to turn off overscan so want to be sure before buying one of these.
(2016-05-04, 20:56)snorkel Wrote: Any news on the 2nd gen compute stick and Kodi?
Does the latest LibreELEC 7.0 have the patches to get the audio working?

I am currently running a Raspberry Pi 2 with LibreELEC 7.0 and while it works great I am concerned about
the SD card getting corrupted as I am using it in a mini van via a HDMI aux port.

Compute stick seems like it would be a better solution as it has a power button and other things like wifi and Bluetooth built in.

LibreELEC 7.0.1 does not have audio support for the compute stick. http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/test...59ff67.tar worked fine though.
Just picked up the Cherry Trail version (Z-8300) and I love it. Running Windows with Launcher4Kodi and have Kodi (Aeon MQ6 skin) set up to play everything from my server fine (uncompressed MKV's) and it also streams all my Steam games plus my Xbox One games. It boots directly to Kodi and I use my Xbox 360 controller for all navigation and gaming. Really liking it so far and not sure how or why but is snappier than some of my other Kodi installs.

One problem I'm having is somehow, this SoC doesn't support sleep (only hibernate/turn off) so I can't turn it on from the couch. Every time I want to use it, have to manually press the power button. I tested with a watt meter and even under load, it's only consuming 4.5 watts. Only 3 at idle so it would only cost around $10-$15 to run 24/7 anyway but has anyone solved the problem of turning it back on from the couch?
How is its performance on say x/ h265 i.e. HEVC video?
please use the forum search..... next time. 8 bit nice, 10 bit forget it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have been working with the azulle access plus stick. Ive installed Kodi 17 and have been suffering with stuttering and audio visual mismatch problems. Seems slow in kodi as well. Supposed to have Intel HD Graphics Card (gen 8) chip.

https://azulletech.com/product/access-pl...-pc-stick/

Here are the specs:
4GB RAM DDR3L
32GB storage
USB 3.0 (1), USB 2.0 (1)
Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4G / 5G Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.0
Intel® CherryTrail™ T3 Z8300 Quad-Core, 1.44 GHz (up to 1.84 GHz)

Questions

1) Can I install libreelec on a microSD and if so, I imagine can boot to windows if microSD is out?

2) Does this do lossless audio ?

3) Can this play back 4K?

4) What Kodi settings do I use for DXVA?

5) Is the ethernet port 1 gig lan?

Im new at this, so thank you for your patience.
I run Kodi 17.4 on an STK1AW32SC on Windows 10 32 bit (what the stick comes with) and it doesn't work very well.

My addons that play youtube or twitch videos work extremely slowly, sometimes taking over a minute to start the video. This used to be instant with ion boxes and older versions of kodi.

Most importantly, HDMI audio constantly breaks and mutes itself, forcing me to re-plug the HDMI, which usually doesn't even fix it anymore. Sometimes even exiting Kodi doesn't fix it and I have to reboot the system. I've upgraded everything, BIOS, drivers, blah blah.

It's really kinda shocking how badly it works compared to my old Ion systems, considering the hardware is half a decade newer.
Just purchased the STK1A32SC model for some work onscreen display projects

Is anyone still using these for HTPC use? How does the power work?
Ooo its pretty!! I didn't realize it could be powered via 5v USB, I have high hopes now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Compute Stick (Cherry Trail - Released 2016)0