• 4(current)
At3iont-i deluxe
Sad 
ph77 Wrote:Hi,

- I like the grasp of the remote (reported as "PHILIPS MCE USB IR Receiver- Spinel plusf0r ASUS" ID 0471:206c) and it works out of the box as keyboard, but as expected the 8 special buttons at the bottom do not work. I will try to use it in lirc exclusively and maybe I can get them to work as well.

I'm like you, I can't use the 8 special keys.
Somebody there a solution because it is not easy to use xbmc without this keys! : '(
sankukai93 Wrote:I'm like you, I can't use the 8 special keys.
Somebody there a solution because it is not easy to use xbmc without this keys! : '(

I have tried everything in lirc, but the 8 special keys remain unusable. Well done Asus...Sad:mad:
Nevertheless, you CAN use XBMC, back button works fine if you use lirc, devinput as driver and supplied generic devinput as remote. My problem is that I am used to have special buttons for audio selection, subtitle selection and subtitle delay. I'll probably buy another remote.
I'm pretty sure this is the MB I will want to get. I'm just curious about which case you guys are using with it? Most cases I am seeing on the market come with a PS, or room for a PS. How efficient is the power brick, or better question to ask, how much wattage does this board use while powered off?

Also, is the remote an RF or IR one?

Has anyone been able to get Hulu HD running on a linux XBMC? I was going to setup something like the PlayOn uPnP on my WHS box, and stream hulu through it.
Ogi010 Wrote:I'm pretty sure this is the MB I will want to get. I'm just curious about which case you guys are using with it?
I made a case myself out of an antique radio Big Grin

Ogi010 Wrote:Most cases I am seeing on the market come with a PS, or room for a PS. How efficient is the power brick, or better question to ask, how much wattage does this board use while powered off?
Haven't measure the watts yet, but I plan to buy a watt meter cause I'm curious too (to see the wattage while powered on as well). I guess that as with all ac/dc adapters, it's best to take them of the power when you don't use them. No need to buy a case with a power supply, there is no connector for external power, other than the ac/dc supplied adapter.

Ogi010 Wrote:Also, is the remote an RF or IR one?
It is IR, but it has quite wide reception.

Ogi010 Wrote:Has anyone been able to get Hulu HD running on a linux XBMC? I was going to setup something like the PlayOn uPnP on my WHS box, and stream hulu through it.
Can't help with that, I live in Spain, no Hulu here.
ph77 Wrote:I made a case myself out of an antique radio Big Grin

Haven't measure the watts yet, but I plan to buy a watt meter cause I'm curious too (to see the wattage while powered on as well). I guess that as with all ac/dc adapters, it's best to take them of the power when you don't use them. No need to buy a case with a power supply, there is no connector for external power, other than the ac/dc supplied adapter.

It is IR, but it has quite wide reception.

Can't help with that, I live in Spain, no Hulu here.

Phenomenal case hahaha.

When you get a watt meter, please do post here your results, I would be eager to see them Smile
Ok, I got this board and all my other components and put it all together yesterday, and I must say I am disappointed, however, given other people's experiece I must have a weak link somewhere, or set up something wrong because I get severe stuttering on hd content through XBMC (yes I have a recent nightly build), as well as with Hulu (yes downloaded the beta flash).
I kind of cheaped out on the RAM and got this: http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-valuera...93782.html

Would that be the problem? I can't come up with any other reasons for the problems I was experiencing. Thanks for any insight.
ukyank Wrote:Ok, I got this board and all my other components and put it all together yesterday, and I must say I am disappointed, however, given other people's experiece I must have a weak link somewhere, or set up something wrong because I get severe stuttering on hd content through XBMC (yes I have a recent nightly build), as well as with Hulu (yes downloaded the beta flash).
I kind of cheaped out on the RAM and got this: http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-valuera...93782.html

Would that be the problem? I can't come up with any other reasons for the problems I was experiencing. Thanks for any insight.
Although your memory KVR1066D3N7K2/2G is not listed in the supported memory for the board (according to the manual), should be the same with mine KVR1066D3N7/2G (I have one dimm of 2gb). This extra K2 signifies kit of two, so is it two dimms of 2gb each?

Make sure to update the bios and try to increase the video memory to 512mb in the bios; although I didn't have any problems with the original bios or with the 256mb standard video memory.

Which OS are you using? If it is linux make sure that you have the latest nvidia drivers 195.xx and libvdpau installed. Also disabling compiz is a good idea.
Try to play a video with mplayer (-vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,) to make sure that is not an xbmc issue. I use ubuntu lucid and it plays everything I've tested flawlessly.
ph77 Wrote:Although your memory KVR1066D3N7K2/2G is not listed in the supported memory for the board (according to the manual), should be the same with mine KVR1066D3N7/2G (I have one dimm of 2gb). This extra K2 signifies kit of two, so is it two dimms of 2gb each?
Scratch that, I look at the Kingston site that your memory is two modules of 1gb each. But it is also technically slightly different than mine if you look at the datasheets (the write latency for example). So it might be the source of your problems after all.
ph77 Wrote:Make sure to update the bios and try to increase the video memory to 512mb in the bios; although I didn't have any problems with the original bios or with the 256mb standard video memory.

I had updated the bios, as to increasing the video memory to 512mb, this may be a really dumb question, but where in the bios is this option to increase the memory, as I sure couldn't find it under anything.
I'm running things under Windows 7 for the record.

Thanks again.
If nothing else, I will just return and get some different RAM
ukyank Wrote:I had updated the bios, as to increasing the video memory to 512mb, this may be a really dumb question, but where in the bios is this option to increase the memory, as I sure couldn't find it under anything.
Advanced>Chipset>MCP7A Config>iGPU Frame buffer

Can't help you with Windows, I've abandoned that ship over a decade now.
ukyank Wrote:I had updated the bios, as to increasing the video memory to 512mb, this may be a really dumb question, but where in the bios is this option to increase the memory, as I sure couldn't find it under anything.
I'm running things under Windows 7 for the record.

Thanks again.
If nothing else, I will just return and get some different RAM

I doubt it's the RAM, most likely a Windows issue.

Try XBMC Live (which is Linux based), just boot it straight off CD, if that works fine then you know it's a windows issue.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Edit - that fixed the problem i was having with the online content, however, my hd rips are still troublesome; oh well, back to the drawing board...
I've been waiting more than a month now for the ION2 variant of this board demoed at CeBIT earlier this year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedriq/4416929293/

However, I'm getting tired of all the waiting and seriously considering this board. Another point is that the ION2 model comes with a fan :confused2: which is quite weird as the pinetrail atoms run much cooler...
Yeah that fan thing is up in the air it seems. The ASUS board covered in this thread is sold as 'fanless' - but reviews/stats seem to show it's pushing the upper limit of heat output when run in this manner.
Has anyone had success using this board in conjunction with Windows 7 & XBMC?
I have this board, an SSD drive, 4gb ram, and get terrible stuttery HD playback, both online or locally.
I have increased the video memory to 512mb, updated the bios, installed the flash beta, updated all drivers, tried a few different recent nightly builds of xbmc.

Anything else that could be the cause of my problem?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
At3iont-i deluxe1