• 41(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2015-11-05, 17:38)drhill Wrote: Well certainly from the wiki "Optimized" looks like the best setting, as long as no resampling occurs with it.

6.1/7.1 streams should be a very easy downmix to 5.1 from a logic standpoint.

Edit: From this post seems like "best" is the best setting : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1694081

Ah sorry, I didn't realize "Fixed" did that but I have mine set to Best Match which explains why I don't see it doing anything (with my limited knowledge anyway Big Grin)
Posted this in another thread and was pointed to here.

I have an issue on the nvidia shield tv (which apparently supports hardware vc-1 decoding). Only way I can get vc-1 files to work are to turn off hardware decoding altogether but this is a PITA to do everytime I watch a vc-1 encoded file. (Using Nov 2 Jarvis nightly). If I don't turn off hardware decoding, I get horrible stuttering rendering the video unwatchable. I have no idea how to post (or get) log files from my SATV, but happy to help out if I can.
(2015-11-05, 10:41)Koying Wrote: Tested your sample on nightly and it's definitely not pink, although there are some unwanted hiccups that I have to fix.
Fixed the VC1 hiccups in master. Will be in next nightly.
(2015-11-06, 10:43)Koying Wrote:
(2015-11-05, 10:41)Koying Wrote: Tested your sample on nightly and it's definitely not pink, although there are some unwanted hiccups that I have to fix.
Fixed the VC1 hiccups in master. Will be in next nightly.

Confirmed working. Thanks
Yep, also confirming Vc-1 working now. Thank you very much, all working perfectly now (Nov 8 nightly). Smile
nvm I'm stupid.
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
Hi!

I have searched this thread but didn't find an answer to my problem. I get audio sync problems (lip sync) on almost every movie. It comes and goes, sometimes it is hardy noticeable, sometimes it's pretty bad. I have tried to disable the hardware acceleration (every combination) and it doesn't help. Any ideas?
(2015-11-11, 18:01)Swevain Wrote: Hi!

I have searched this thread but didn't find an answer to my problem. I get audio sync problems (lip sync) on almost every movie. It comes and goes, sometimes it is hardy noticeable, sometimes it's pretty bad. I have tried to disable the hardware acceleration (every combination) and it doesn't help. Any ideas?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Android_FAQ#Audio_...lay_issues
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I can't use audio offset since it's not the same delay all the time, varies from moment to moment. I have also tried to turn off pass through, didn't help.
Then it's possible there is something wrong with the way your videos are muxed.

But to see why your having this issue you need to post a Debug log (wiki).
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Does Kodi support 4K resolution/upscaling on nvidia shield?
I don't have a 4K TV, but according to posts in the Nvidia forum Yes. If you are connected to a 4K TV the video will be upscaled to the highest resolution.
Is it at all.possible to boot straight into kodi on the shield when powering up?
(2015-11-12, 12:47)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Is it at all.possible to boot straight into kodi on the shield when powering up?

Yes, with XBMC Launcher
Thanks. Is this easy to set up
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6