• 5(current)
Newb first build?
Yes I'm pretty excited, just wish DHL would show up with my case fan, still gonna try to clean up the wiring the best I can with the limited amount of space. Also my uverse internet install got pushed back another week, bit I still have WiFi for now.
mint!!
Front panel back on.
Wiring cleaned up and secured.
Esko these connections off the psu are extra right ?
yes, extra stuff, dont worry.

now the waiting game for the fan...

thx for all these pics, we like that!
1QWK510 Wrote:Esko these connections off the psu are extra right ?

They are for the nuclear bombs.
Fan should be here in the morning, from some reason dhl transfers to usps. To bad I have jury duty tomorrow. I do have a few questions about setup. Do I need to update firmware for the hard drives before installing windows? Yeah no problem on the pix, sorry there crappy cell pix. I looked for a picture intensive build and didn't find one ai hopefully this helps others.
if there's a firmware update might aswell,
but remember to set your sata type to AHCI in the BIOS
before installing windows on your SSD..

oh yeah and,
unplug the mechanical hard drive sata cable from your motherboard before installing windows.
i dunno, i always do that...
just taking extra precaution so windows does not install stuff on my none O/S drives....
My question was more how do you do a firmware update with no os?
Firmware V110309 // Install Guide

so from reading the install guide, its pretty easy,
using another computer, just create a USB BOOTABLE FLASH DRIVE as described.

then actually boot on it, and update the firmware.
Update- finally got my case fan today, took 7 days to get from newegg and I'm in California .Also spoke to patriot the torqx 2 ships with current firmware mi update available. All thats left is to wait ATT to install my internet so I can install windows 7 and hook my 2tb seagate back up. Should I install xbmc to the ssd, I'm going to default user profile to the seagate drive after windos is Installed. There was some clearance issue with the case fan I had to trim the back of a rivet on the case as it was hitting the fan blades . Here's some pix.
1QWK510 Wrote:Should I install xbmc to the ssd

Nod
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newb first build?0