• 5(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
Awesome mod, as far as feature request, something like this would be so kickass http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228970
Quote:@oscarc74

Yes, that's fairly simple:

Settings -> Addons -> Install From Zip. Find Emby's Beta Repo and you'll have the repository activated automatically.

What I meant to say is in Confluence; you can go to Settings -> File Manager and see your list of sources, and add a new a one by selecting Add New Source. I don't see that option anywhere under Settings in Zephyr. I have a couple of new repos I want to add. Is that not an option under this skin (or any skin)? Do I need to switch back temporarily back to Confluence to add more sources?
@Guardian Hope

I am attaching files needed to correct "Color Picker" for Android. I tested and seems to be working fine.

Link for files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5KfGJ-...dlZE0/view
(2016-03-14, 19:31)minus0 Wrote: @Guardian Hope

I am attaching files needed to correct "Color Picker" for Android. I tested and seems to be working fine.

@minus0:

Alright. I will take a look at them in a few days. I'm getting ready for a service launch at the moment so a lot of the stuff I do during free time has been literally pushed back in favor of the fact that I have very little free time. However, it looks like most of the changes are minor in terms of code so I should be able to directly push it after a quick view so Android is up and running.

I haven't found a fix for the install yet so manual installation is still required until I can find why it's not working.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon

Checked in Mac OS X and works perfectly.
Good news. Thanks papadcha
(2016-03-15, 16:42)minus0 Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 15:04)papadcha Wrote:

Checked in Mac OS X and works perfectly.

Good news. Thanks papadcha

And I have been able to check on Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Android N which I don't even think Kodi supports yet, as well as of course, OS X and it is indeed working perfectly.

I am going to add a few XML comments to the changes and commit them to GitHub. I'm still trying to track down the install issue.

Part of me thinks I need to take a look at Madnox's required addons since apparently AZ:E took from it which I didn't know about.

Perhaps a release tonight (by my standards that's tomorrow or the day after for everyone as I realized I want AZ:FA's about page finished)?
@Guardian Hope

Upon further investigation of your clue about AeonMadnox I looked into the old AZ:E. Found a few scripts that were used in AZ:E that aren't used in AZ:FA. One in particular was the "script.skin.info.service".
So I edited that script into AZ:FA addon.xml. I then tried to run "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.03.zip" and got the discrepancy for "script.skin.info.service". So I loaded that script first, then followed by "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.03" and then everything loaded from the zip file. At end presented me with the option to switch to AZ:FA skin.

Since you said this was built on this old code, I not sure if this code is still there.
Just throwing this out there for you.
(2016-03-17, 18:16)minus0 Wrote: @Guardian Hope

Upon further investigation of your clue about AeonMadnox I looked into the old AZ:E. Found a few scripts that were used in AZ:E that aren't used in AZ:FA. One in particular was the "script.skin.info.service".
So I edited that script into AZ:FA addon.xml. I then tried to run "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.03.zip" and got the discrepancy for "script.skin.info.service". So I loaded that script first, then followed by "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.03" and then everything loaded from the zip file. At end presented me with the option to switch to AZ:FA skin.

Since you said this was built on this old code, I not sure if this code is still there.
Just throwing this out there for you.

@minus0:

Sorry for the long wait; I've been without a main disk drive for my desktop for about a week. My new Western Digital Re drives just got here so I'm only now getting back up and running (it took 12 hours to migrate Windows from the old disks to the new ones so I didn't have to reinstall it and every program and setting again).

You have uncovered the difference as to why some have always been able to install AZ:FA while others could not on the Emby forums - one simple legacy script that is intended to be removed in the upcoming big update.

The code is partially still there; apparently embedded deeper than I thought as I had thought I had removed enough of it to not have that dependency linked but apparently that's not the case yet.

Clearly I will need to add it back in for now and get a copy moved over to Emby's Beta Repo. It's in the regular repository however.

For those that need the script: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...-1.0.0.zip

I will quickly push out a release a little later with the corrected addons.xml file.

There was a comment on the old AZ:E back-ports that removed the Skin Info Service. I will need to go back and check.
@Guardian Hope

I just switched over to this skin from stock A:Z and I love it. It's still minimalistic yet has been resized so that I can easily read a lot of the text from 10 feet away. I have a few comments that may improve the skin

1) The watched icon is a little misleading. When I see an the eyeball icon with a line through it, it tells me that I haven't watched the video yet. I would much rather prefer just the eyeball.

2) the rating icons (American ratings, PG-13, TV-MA, etc) at the bottom of the page seems to be squashed vertically. The horizontal aspect looks good but the vertical is definitely squashed.

3) I just tried installing this skin on my Android TV box in the bedroom last night. It couldn't install and through an error about the IMDB 250 view script. I couldn't figure out what the whole error was and if this script exists in the Kodi repository.

So far those are the only faults I have been able to fine with this skin. Keep up the great work
watch gallery

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (mid-March 2016 Update)
Version: 3.2.03

After an entire month of waiting I am pleased to announce the general availability of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (mid-March 2016 Update). Version 3.2.03 introduces a number of fixes including a workaround to the installation problem being faced by some users as well as an enhanced color selector available on all platforms courtesy of @minus0.Please note that due to this update, you should refer back to the first post to ensure you have met the requirements. Otherwise the installation will fail!

Get It Now!

Available on GitHub: https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arc....fromashes
Available via Enterprise CDN: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/do...3.2.03.zip
Available in the Emby Beta Repository for Kodi Jarvis

GitHub Readme Updated

The GitHub Readme file has been updated with essential information about installing the skin modification to ensure it is as smooth as possible until the legacy code is removed. The first post of this thread has also been updated with this information.

The Changelog:

Code:
3.2.03 (3.2.03_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Bluestone 3.2.03"
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "mid-March 2016 Update"
Restores Requirement for "script.skin.info.service" as required for current legacy code
Enhances Color Selector on all platforms (Contributor: minus0 [Kodi Forums, Page 5])
Restores Color Selector on all platforms (Contributor: minus0 [Kodi Forums, Page 5])
Essential Changes for Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes 3.2.04 release

Addressing the Unaddressed

@Talguy:

I am very glad you enjoy the modification! For points one and two they are going to be changed in 3.2.04 or 3.2.10. As for point three, please refer to the original post for a link to download IMDB250. It is only available via the Emby Repository but you can directly download and install it to your device if you don't want to install the Emby Beta Repository.
(2016-03-23, 12:24)Guardian Hope Wrote: @Talguy:

I am very glad you enjoy the modification! For points one and two they are going to be changed in 3.2.04 or 3.2.10. As for point three, please refer to the original post for a link to download IMDB250. It is only available via the Emby Repository but you can directly download and install it to your device if you don't want to install the Emby Beta Repository.

Awesome, thanks for the update. I totally forgot to check the requirements in the first post when I was downloading this. I'll make sure I download that IMDB script and push it to my Android TV. Can't wait for the next updates
@Guardian Hope

Glad to see you are up and running.
Ok I just installed the new update and noticed some issues. In the settings window when I have hover one of the options the the text doesn't show only the highlight color (blueish for me). I noticed the issue in shortcuts menus on the home screen and in the file browser for installing an add-on via a zip file. Still a great mod BTW.

Edit: NM I accidentally installed the latest WIP from git not the latest release. All good now
Forsomereason this skin stopped working for me yesterday, i have skin helper service error and my kodi crashes and deletes theskin by itself. Is this related to the last update?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7