• 5(current)
Mod Video Information Window (DialogVideoInfo) with Rotten Tomatoes
Thanks to Edworld i managed to get the rt icons to display as i wanted, still a long way to go tho. Im using the official az by jurial, while "dark with light" and "light with dark" are fine, on "dark with dark dialogs" and "light with light dialogs" icons and ratings %'s are very dark and almost unreadable, guess i have to insert some code to adjust font color. the header looks changed, too bright.
ImageImage

For those who are interested in getting the logos to display, youll have to save on your hd, in the media/ flags folder in my case, those small icons and rename them accordingly to what's in your include furnitures.xml. Anyway im sorry i went OT, wont happen again.
Hi Hustler1337,

I really like this mod! I installed in my AZ skin and it seems to work, only somehow I can't get to the second information screen with the rottentomato ratings. In the first post you explain the LEFT button on the remote when PLAYBACK is highlited. I use a bluetooth keyboard and use the left arrow. When I press it i goes to the get thumbs button on the right. Can you explain how this works? Thanks!

A3S
(2016-05-07, 10:12)A3Sh Wrote: Hi Hustler1337,

I really like this mod! I installed in my AZ skin and it seems to work, only somehow I can't get to the second information screen with the rottentomato ratings. In the first post you explain the LEFT button on the remote when PLAYBACK is highlited. I use a bluetooth keyboard and use the left arrow. When I press it i goes to the get thumbs button on the right. Can you explain how this works? Thanks!

A3S

This is a known bug that sometimes occurs. As a workaround, you can reload the skin by going to Power>Reload Skin from the home screen navigation and it should work again. Rest assured, you're clicking the right button to show Rotten Tomatoes ratings and I'll be looking to fix this soon once I get some time on my hands Smile
Thanks Hustler1337,

That worked indeed! GreatSmile

best
A3S
Hey

I know this isn't a problem with this mod but thought someone here may know what the issue is. When looking at the info screen for The Revenant I noticed that the Box Office amount seemed low at $183.6M. I checked the Rotten Tomatoes website and it was reporting the same amount - so the scrape was pulling the right figure.

I then checked the TMDB website which showed Revenue as $519M which was more like I was expecting to see. So I edited the DialogVideoInfo.xml to change the scrape from

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesBoxOffice)] to $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.TMDB.Revenue.formatted)]

Based on the TMBD website I was expecting to see the $519M get scraped but it actually returned $167.2M.

Anyone have any ideas why? TMDB issue?

Thanks
(2016-05-22, 12:59)Rubicon99 Wrote: Hey

I know this isn't a problem with this mod but thought someone here may know what the issue is. When looking at the info screen for The Revenant I noticed that the Box Office amount seemed low at $183.6M. I checked the Rotten Tomatoes website and it was reporting the same amount - so the scrape was pulling the right figure.

I then checked the TMDB website which showed Revenue as $519M which was more like I was expecting to see. So I edited the DialogVideoInfo.xml to change the scrape from

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesBoxOffice)] to $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.TMDB.Revenue.formatted)]

Based on the TMBD website I was expecting to see the $519M get scraped but it actually returned $167.2M.

Thanks

My guess is it is an issue with: omdbapi.com
(2016-05-22, 13:17)Edworld Wrote:
(2016-05-22, 12:59)Rubicon99 Wrote: Hey

Thanks

My guess is it is an issue with: omdbapi.com

What's the relationship between omdp api and tmdb api? The skin helper service info page on git hub says it uses the tmdb api.
(2016-05-22, 13:48)Rubicon99 Wrote:
(2016-05-22, 13:17)Edworld Wrote: My guess is it is an issue with: omdbapi.com

What's the relationship between omdp api and tmdb api? The skin helper service info page on git hub says it uses the tmdb api.

I had a real quick read of a few posts on the Skin Helper thread and it looks like OMDB is used to get Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB info. I think TMDB info is pulled from TMDB. Maybe TMDB info is having the caching problems OMDB info was having a while back.

I'll post in that thread tonight.
@Rubicon99

I've just tested it out and it seems to be working fine for me. The revenue is showing as $519,7 m which seems to match with the TMDB API results.

I think this is an error with the Skin Helper Service caching. I remember another user had issues with the Skin Helper Service script and it was related to caching issues. Delete the cache and see if you get the same problem.

To clear the Skin Helper Service's addon cache, you'll need to fully quit Kodi and go to:

/userdata/addon_data/script.skin.helper.service

Delete the entire contents of that folder (or the folder itself). You might want to keep a backup just in case you need it, but I would say a full clearout is best to prevent any old issues lurking. The specific file which stores the cache for this is librarycache.json (I think) but delete the whole folder just to be sure it's nuked out. If the issue still persists, post the issue in the Skin Helper Service thread and hopefully someone would be able to resolve the bug. Confused
Okay, I really like this, but I discovered a glitch. With some of my movies were scraped with long Rating info (for example Avengers Age of Ultron says something like "Rated PG-13 for violent imagery, alcoholic references, and sexually suggestive dialog too intense for some viewers")

With the original skin, it's automatically cut off to not overlap anything, but with your mod it doesn't and overlaps the disc art and creates a bit of visual mess.

Also, I hope I'm not out of line to request this, but is there any way to add Character roles to the cast information (IE Chris Evans *new line* Steve Rogers)? It's the one thing I really like about the From Ashes mod, but I've kept the original Arctic Zephyr because there's more information (and it's currently more stable, no playback glitches). I know technically it's on your Rotten Tomatoes screen (really slick btw), but if you're looking up the actor with Extended Info, you'll just see the list of movies and not any info as to who they play.
@ Choppasmith

PM sent with actor role underneath and with the MPAA description truncated
Hello people. I am a noob when it comes to coding and all. Can one of you coders please tell me how to get the rotten tomatoes + metacritic ratings appear in the AEON MQ6 movie info box ...?

(2016-06-05, 08:57)VikkiXavier Wrote: Hello people. I am a noob when it comes to coding and all. Can one of you coders please tell me how to get the rotten tomatoes + metacritic ratings appear in the AEON MQ6 movie info box ...?

You can use the Skin Helper Service to add Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic ratings. The script's thread can be found here and the readme on the script's Github page. If you need help with coding it, you can ask either in the Skinning forum or the AEON MQ6 forum and also have a look at the Kodi skinning Wiki pages. Hope that helps.
Thanks @Hustler
(2016-04-09, 21:21)Hustler1337 Wrote: @Rubicon99 this was just discussed in the last few posts above yours.

Your code should be:

PHP Code:
<visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 0) + (Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes))</visible

As this is not part of my mod, I would ask if you can ask for any skinning help in the skinning subforum. There's been occasions where I've been asked for help for other people's mods because of posts made in this thread. Alternatively, you can PM me if you need help on your own mods and I'll try help where I can.

Where do I paste that line?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Information Window (DialogVideoInfo) with Rotten Tomatoes5