• 5(current)
v19 Video ScreenSaver
(2019-12-20, 23:05)leejk Wrote: Hello,

Noticed this warning in my logs:

2019-12-19 16:13:17.148 T:8604 WARNING: Repository add-on repository.lunatixz uses plain HTTP for add-on downloads in path http://raw.github.com/Lunatixz/KODI_Addons/master/zips - this is insecure and will make your Kodi installation vulnerable to attacks if enabled!

It's nothing to worry about; means my repo isn't using SSL, ie https:// since our transactions (repo communication) are not sensitive in nature, there is no need to worry.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
This screensaver is exactly what I need but it doesn’t seem to work with dsplayer. If I disable dsplayer the screensaver works perfectly but if dsplayer is enabled the video only runs for a few seconds. I use madvr so I need dsplayer enabled. If I enable ignore keystroke option the videos play perfectly with dsplayer but I don’t know how to stop them then without restarting Kodi.

Is there a way to stop the video without restarting Kodi or possibly another solution that I am not thinking of?

Thanks
Hi. I just installed this addon and I miss a couple of features that would make it better.

1. Missing support for playing videos in subfolders
2. When Kodi is set to automatically change resolution to match the video played, the playback is stopped or aborted immediatly.

Thanks.
Initial text deleted (moved to https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2924649 - related to YouTube playlist as a screensaver)

I've got another feature request - if HDMI-CEC is enabled, then when screensaver starts, the HDMI source is changed to Kodi, which is annoying.
Is there any way for addon to detect when source is not equal to Kodi, so it will not start?
I recently performed a clean reinstall of Kodi and now after downloading and reinstalling Video Screensaver I can't seem to get it to work. When I have it set to "Single Video" it throws up an error, however when I use it with "Multiple Videos" it does not display an actual error message (however it still does not play the videos correctly).

Here is my log, if anybody could help me out I'd really appreciate it!

https://paste.kodi.tv/yedegizeta.kodi
The issue from my previous post is no longer present. Now the screensaver begins playing the video, but after about a second cuts off. Any ideas what could be causing that?
To confirm this Add-On is limited to 500 videos? Not like this is terrible or anything however I wanted to confirm the limitation as I planned on using this as a digital video frame of sorts. Thanks!
For myself I had to add my local video folder that contained the screensaver videos as a source in KODI before it would work.
I like this screensaver and it works well.
But unfortunately its not working when video is paused. I disabled dimming when paused.

When I restart kodi its working but then suddenly its not working anymore and only closing the video.
And when its working I have to press twice sometimes to stop it and the movie that was playing before closes.
Is that normal behaviour?

Anyways thanks for this addon!
@Lunatixz 

your screensaver works fine, great work!
Thank you very much for that.

Is it possible to play a radio stream in background and when video screensaver kicks in, it just continues playing audio stream in the background and showing videos without audio ?

actually when video screensaver kicks in the radio stream is stopped also ...

If it's not possible now, can you maybe enhance your screensaver to be able to play music/audio streams in background and show videos without audio ?

best regards
(2020-09-28, 19:24)QLink Wrote: @Lunatixz 

your screensaver works fine, great work!
Thank you very much for that.

Is it possible to play a radio stream in background and when video screensaver kicks in, it just continues playing audio stream in the background and showing videos without audio ?

actually when video screensaver kicks in the radio stream is stopped also ...

If it's not possible now, can you maybe enhance your screensaver to be able to play music/audio streams in background and show videos without audio ?

best regards

Kodi does not support multiple player instances, Only one item can play at a time... ie. Video or Audio.
Vertical videos shot with my phone are rotated, any way to fix this?
Updated for Matrix
(2021-02-23, 21:04)Lunatixz Wrote: Updated for Matrix

Matrix doesn't happen to allow for multiple player instances, does it? I would love to have my ATV 4K screensavers while listening to music. Honestly, its really this the only reason I still use it.
I want to use this Video Screensaver but it is not working. I put a Video in the internal Storage on my Beelink GT1 mini. In Settings I point to the path where the Videofile is located. This Video is a mp4 File and is about 300 MB in Size. The Video Screensaver starts but shows only a black Screen with Date and Weather.
Any help appreciated.
Orbsmart S87L Android 11 Quadcore AML S905X4 Cortex-A55 @ 2.0GHz Mali-G31 MP2 4GB DDR4-RAM / 32GB
BeeLink GT1 mini Android 8.1 Amlogic S905X2 CPU ARM G31 MP2 Grafik 4GB RAM/64 GB ROM
Kodi 20.3
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video ScreenSaver3