Got my foxconn nt 330i, now what?
http://pastebin.com/qLHAwPNP

Isn't this the full log though? Huh
sebj,

Saw this on one of the Newegg reviews, don't know if it will help:

Quote:Linux VDPAU Fix found!
Pros: Small, works great for 1080p playback, now it works fine in linux

Cons: none really

Other Thoughts: This is an update to my last review as now a workaround has been found for allowing this device to properly playback content via VDPAU.
adding pci=nomsi to the linux boot parameters will allow this to no longer freeze. I can now say this is a great little box, I'm able to stream HD recordings from my MythTV backend over the wireless N network and it plays back flawlessly.
denizen thanks.

There are a couple boot flags I tried from around the net, this one too.

This one AFAIK is for the wireless and has been talked about around the mythtv circles. I'm using gigabit so no dice.

Thanks for taking the time to post though, It should be of use to anyone using the wireless no doubt.

I even tried this http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ar...ideo&num=1 but still nothing.

THis box must have a hardware limitation of some kind. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere, like my homebrew htpc built for pre-vdpau. Wink
while toying around today with win7 (I seldom boot into this, mostly to watch new colbert shows) I saw that the box runs in IDE mode only, and there's no possibility in BIOS (P06) to switch to native SATA which pisses me off a bit because I installed a 40GB intel SSD.
is there a problem with the BIOS revision or did Foxconn actually leave out the native SATA option?
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes

I remember in some other forum that someone wanted to hackintosh the 330i, so he needed to enable AHCI. Foxconn sent him a bios apparently.

I tried to coax them a special bios for the vram but they never repliedConfused

BTW : I demoted the 330i as a "beta box", I'm now back to a "real" pc, and boy, do I love it.Nod

I really wanted a lighter box, but in the end, nothing beats a bad ass hummer. Laugh
you are right, I opened a ticket yesterday and today they sent me a non-validated beta BIOS dated september 2010 that is supposed to allow AHCI operation

I hope I'm allowed to upload it in case anybody wants to try it out, but don't blame me if it screws up your system badly! gonna try this maybe at the weekend when I found out if I actually have to reinstall win7 and ubuntu in order to make SATA AHCI work

http://www.multiupload.com/RFUKPFQGPU
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Feel dumb but could someone help me out on the bios updating?
i downloaded the HP utility. And i checked the bootdisk website but i can't find the Win98 boot files anywhere. Any help would be awesome.
changes in the new BETA BIOS (file is called S01 but it's actually going to be revision P07 when released):

- "quiet boot" now shows a fullscreen AMI logo instead of text-only (wish I had an XBMC logo in there...)
- "Advanced Options" has a new option "SATA MODE" which can be switched to "SATA Mode" (which in fact is IDE compatibility mode), "RAID Mode" (which makes absolutely no sense for this box) and finally "AHCI Mode" (which is native SATA)

Linux is completely indifferent towards these options, my XBMCbuntu install (based on lucid server) boots up just fine independently of the mode the SATA controller runs in.

for win7, you need to do this simple registry hack http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-enable-...tallation/ before going into BIOS and switching the option to AHCI Mode. afterwards, the system will boot up just fine and automatically install the MSAHCI driver. it may make sense to continue using the microsoft AHCI drivers as these support TRIM for SSDs whereas I don't think nvidia's SATA drivers are able to do so.

[no speed records there, it's just the 40GB intel]

please bear in mind that for this box and HTPC usage it does not make much sense to activate AHCI, I can only recommend this if you actually have an SSD inside which should profit from the native AHCI mode a lot (NCQ, TRIM).

add.: TRIM should be working even in IDE mode with the MS drivers, so the only real advantage here would be NCQ
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
wolffactor Wrote:Feel dumb but could someone help me out on the bios updating?
i downloaded the HP utility. And i checked the bootdisk website but i can't find the Win98 boot files anywhere. Any help would be awesome.
wolffactor,

I used method #7. It will direct you to another website with instructions (may need to translate the web page). Worked like a charm.

Good luck
I hacked the BIOS to change the "Quiet Mode Enabled..." sting to NULLs. (I left the pointer alone)

So in other words, if Full Screen Logo is enabled in the BIOS the screen will be totally blank.

Check out this post on the OpenELEC forums for the download/instructions.
In other words since reading this whole thread with the new bios update a SSD can be used but Win7 and 2 gigs of ram will not work right with xbmc or am I wrong?
again I have no idea how you come to your assumptions...
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Hi All,

I'm running a Foxconn NT-330 with Ubuntu 10.10 and custom build debs from svn revision 35326 (Nov 24). I am expriencing the same stuttering issue, but only on MythTV recordings (my backend is on a separate machine). I have two tuners: a Hauppauge HD-PVR and a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun (2 tuner model). I get the same stuttering issue on recordings that come from both tuners (the HD-PVR outputs h264, and the HDHomeRun outputs MPEG2).

I am getting the same "WARNING: Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 17976, consumed: 0" message in the xbmc log file that others have reported here.

Interestingly, I get no such stutter if I fire up the MythTV Frontend and play the same recordings. Is anyone else able to confirm that the MythTV Frontend is not showing this problem on the same hardware?
it's not just the foxconn, I have the strong feeling that XBMC as of now has a general problem with mythTV recordings. found some evidence by board and google search that seems to validate this finding but I'd need some XBMC dev to acknowledge this.

did any of you mythTV users test the pvrtesting2 branch with the mythTV PVR add-on and see if the stuttering is gone?
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Quote:did any of you mythTV users test the pvrtesting2 branch with the mythTV PVR add-on and see if the stuttering is gone?

No, but I'm really looking forward to this! Would try a live cd.

And, at least on my end, I loaded up ubuntu and tried mythfrontend and it gave me the same behavior as xbmc. THis box will play the files better if they are not full screen. ( \ )

I;m almost at the point where I'm about to give up on it...

Sebj
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Got my foxconn nt 330i, now what?0