• 5(current)
A 'real' "My Songs"
Quote:alot of the titles are doubled up (listed twice)

i have had this problem: go to settings->music->clean database it gets rid of the duplicate listings.
@kraqh3d

the "all songs by..." is an option once i select an artist w/more than one album in the database.
all i'm saying here is that i would like it to default to all the songs by the artist. (sorted by album if possible)

the duplicate songs issue..... cleaning my music db fixed thie problem - thks
xbox 1.2 - xecuter 2.3b lite - xir remote - 80mm mod - 120g maxtor 8mb cache - samsung dvd & networked xbmc - harmony 680 remote
@caddie:

are you possibly in the wrong view? only the old artists view has an item that says "all songs by". the nav view says "all albums" at the top and has the list of albums beneath after an artist is chosen.

this is a general use window where different sorting methods are allowed at each layer of filtering:

genres - by genre name
artists - by artist name, excluding "the"
albums - by artist, or by album, exlcuding "the"
songs - by trackno, by artist, by album, by title, exluding "the"

whenever you change the sort method at any layer, that becomes the new default sort method for that layer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
its working very well so far, but there is 1 major thing that makes it near unusable to browse your music

when you go up a level it returns you to the top of the list everytime. this means i have to scroll down everytime i want to look inside an artist or album. if your db is small its a non-issue but with alot of artists/albums its a huge pain in the ass

could you impliment it so that it returns to the page or hopefully the specific item that you had chosen?

loto
it's my top priority and should be fixed in cvs soon. when completed it will work like all other filelists where if you go back a dir, the previously selected item will be the one thats highlighted.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
and kraqh3d swept across xbmc-land and said there shal be easy browsing of music and it was so....

:kickass:
party on wayne
the directory history is now working correctly. the fix was just committed to cvs. post any issues. (remember that anon cvs lags behind.)

one thing that seems a little off, is that it *always* remembers the last selected item. example:

- select genres
- select rock
- select u2
- go back, u2 will be highlighted
- go back again, rock will be highlighted
- go back again, genres will be highlighted
- select genres, rock will be highlighted

let me know if this is annoying. if it is, i'll need to clear the directory history whenever the navigation winds back to the root.
(kraqh3d @ mar. 08 2005,19:55 Wrote:let me know if this is annoying.  if it is, i'll need to clear the directory history whenever the navigation winds back to the root.
i see your point. it isn't exactly annoying, but if you truly want to fine tune it, it would be nice to remember previous selection only on backward navagation.

also, for xbmc developers, my unsolicited opinion is that once kraqh3d's nav integration is complete and people have had a chance to become familiar with it, it may be worthwhile to take a poll about dumping the other "views." i strongly believe kraqh3d's nav view does almost does everything you could want in a music database with views and essentially generates custom playlists "on the fly."

dumping the other views would be worthwhile venture if it sped things up and and streamlined the program.

jc
i agreee with jcage89:

now that the nav view is working beautifully the other views are a bit redundant. if it speeds things up the other views could be dumped (except of course the 'files' view).
right, the files view should be retained to setup music locations and scan music database, etc.

jc
imho the other databse views are obsolete now and could be removed
nice work kraqh3d :thumbsup:
the only other request ive had in irc is a 'party' mode, so that after you select a song in the database it plays the selected song and returns to a shuffle of the full db
yes, we are (or at least i am) wanting this as well. similar to itunes party shuffle mode where it displays the past few songs plus the next 15 or so, and you can delete songs/add songs as you wish etc.

i think it'd be ideal to incorporate it into the "now playing" screen we've been thinking of.

lil off topic, but has anyone noticed how terrible the shuffle algo is right now?

a playlist of 10-20 songs should give you a good idea how bad it really is
yeah the shuffle isnt really shuffle, its random play. this is why songs will repeat.

and i made a modification to how the system keeps track of the previous directory. please post any problems. (anyone with ac/dc please try it.)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A 'real' "My Songs"0