• 50(current)
Mod AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)
(2015-01-16, 02:34)shedrock Wrote: There has been a necessary update of the skin regarding some casing issues with source paths (OpenELEC) and a couple images.

Please see the first post, and remember to the last update times periodically.

i am trying out the new update:
i get the blocky source icons in the main view instead of the reloaded icons and simultanisly only the codec icons instead of the source icon in the dialogvideoinfo page.
i am on openelec and i am not sure if i know what i am doing right now but just wanted to give feedback.
@neurosis13 - Can you send me a screenshot?

Thanks
(2015-01-16, 03:57)shedrock Wrote: @neurosis13 - Can you send me a screenshot?

Thanks

i copied the reloaded source icons over the blocky ones and recopied the dialogvideoinfo.xml from yesterday over the new one.
now everything is quite normal so there is definatly something wrong on openelec with the new update.

i didnt update my windows and mac system so i dont know what happens there.

edit: i am talking about the movies section, didnt scan the tvshows yet as i am on openelec since a few hours only.
(2015-01-12, 03:34)Kwulabear Wrote: I hope Shednox doesn't mind this as it changes the view of the artist information screen. Just thought I'd share with the forum.

If you want to get artist information using phils extendedinfo script then make a backup of DialogAlbumInfo.xml and copy this file to the 1080 folder. You will need Phils newest version of the script found here: Phil65 Thread. This will not work with a older version. You will get extendedinfo script errors on startup but script should still work.

DialogAlbumInfo

this is very nice!

now we need a Button/setting to "love" tracks on audiodb via Kodi Big Grin

I would also love to see the top 5 tracks in the TriPannel View instead of the Bio

(2015-01-16, 04:17)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2015-01-16, 03:57)shedrock Wrote: @neurosis13 - Can you send me a screenshot?

Thanks

i copied the reloaded source icons over the blocky ones and recopied the dialogvideoinfo.xml from yesterday over the new one.
now everything is quite normal so there is definatly something wrong on openelec with the new update.

i didnt update my windows and mac system so i dont know what happens there.

edit: i am talking about the movies section, didnt scan the tvshows yet as i am on openelec since a few hours only.

The issue should be resolved now. There was a typo in the path. Sad
Recently I've found that the discart will randomly stop showing up. Is anyone else experiencing this?
hello

I was hoping shedrock or brimstone could help me with this issue
Myself and schimi2k have tried numerous fixes to no avail.

I have the latest version from 12th of jan installed on a total fresh install of OE, everything looks nice and is working good except that....
the movie set case is still not working, I have not been spending too much time worrying about it but it is still frustrating me as I love the way they look and I have just found out about the "extrafanart1" extra Smile

I have had these transparency issue on the movies set boxes even with the boxing day version.

Just wanted to share some more details about the movie case issue as i have some better photos of the problem which is getting stranger Confused

This first photo is of My Christmas collection with the same transparency issues as before only showing disc art, and the two bits on the right.

Then this photo is of the Halloween collection with "extrafanart1" enabled. it is showing the fanart.. but not the disc art any more or the front section of the case on the rightConfused but still showing the little info page on the right??

Then this is where it gets stranger.... If I scroll back to Christmas collection it keeps the halloween collection "extrafanart1" and no longer shows the disc artConfused? but still shows the info page on the right and the front section of the case on the right in front of the info page??

I have to physically go in and select no art for extrafanart1 for the christmas collection and it then resorts to the first photo with the missing case pieces??
I can see the lines where the case art should be just cannot work out why it is completely transparent.

This is how the halloween collection looks without extrafanart and transparency issues

I just keeps getting stranger.

I know i shouldn't be too bothered about it and everything else is working great but like I say, it looks really nice and I have just downloaded the grey movie set background pack which look amazing so I would like to get them working.

Sorry to bother you with this issue I didn't want to start filling the forum thread up with it.

Schimi2k has suggested I try installing the the xbmcmania mod instead to see if it works but i was hoping to get this version working as it is more refined.

Many thanks for your effort and great work with this skin.

crookers13
@crookers13

Can you answer a couple of question for me please:

1) What option do you have BD/DVD Cases set to in viewtype settings?
2) Does folder /media/thumbs/sets exist for you in the skin folder and do you have around 8-9 png files in there with names like backset,png etc?

I will look at the code in the meantime to see if there is a reason why it would not show the boxset.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-01-16, 09:25)crookers13 Wrote: hello

I was hoping shedrock or brimstone could help me with this issue
Myself and schimi2k have tried numerous fixes to no avail.

I have the latest version from 12th of jan installed on a total fresh install of OE, everything looks nice and is working good except that....
the movie set case is still not working, I have not been spending too much time worrying about it but it is still frustrating me as I love the way they look and I have just found out about the "extrafanart1" extra Smile

I have had these transparency issue on the movies set boxes even with the boxing day version.

Just wanted to share some more details about the movie case issue as i have some better photos of the problem which is getting stranger Confused

This first photo is of My Christmas collection with the same transparency issues as before only showing disc art, and the two bits on the right.
(image)

Then this photo is of the Halloween collection with "extrafanart1" enabled. it is showing the fanart.. but not the disc art any more or the front section of the case on the rightConfused but still showing the little info page on the right??

(image)

Then this is where it gets stranger.... If I scroll back to Christmas collection it keeps the halloween collection "extrafanart1" and no longer shows the disc artConfused? but still shows the info page on the right and the front section of the case on the right in front of the info page??

(image)

I have to physically go in and select no art for extrafanart1 for the christmas collection and it then resorts to the first photo with the missing case pieces??
I can see the lines where the case art should be just cannot work out why it is completely transparent.

This is how the halloween collection looks without extrafanart and transparency issues

(image)

I just keeps getting stranger.

I know i shouldn't be too bothered about it and everything else is working great but like I say, it looks really nice and I have just downloaded the grey movie set background pack which look amazing so I would like to get them working.

Sorry to bother you with this issue I didn't want to start filling the forum thread up with it.

Schimi2k has suggested I try installing the the xbmcmania mod instead to see if it works but i was hoping to get this version working as it is more refined.

Many thanks for your effort and great work with this skin.

crookers13

I have the same problem I'm afraid. On OpenElec with the January 15th version of the Shednox skin.

After som help from the one and only schimi2k I have the fanart behind all my moviesets working. He had some tweaks in the code to make that work. The moviesets work and I can see the extrafanart on the "folder" of the movieset and I can see the folder on the right side with the movie info and the logo. But no cdArt what so ever. I have the clear cases activated for all my movies, and when I activate "no case for sets" in the Viewtype Settings I get this "papercases" and it doesn't display any cdArt.

However, if I deactivate the "no case for sets" option and have the "normal" clearcases for the moviesets, the cdArt appears. But so far, no cdArt on the "no case for moviesets" option activated. If I deactivate this option, the cdArt works as this. Look at the screenshots to see what I mean:

With the "no case for sets" option activated;

And the same option deactivated (the cdArt is in the progress of rolling in from the right here);

Thanks for the help! Smile

Shedrock, first of all - thank you for the great work on this skin. It's absolutely the best skin there is.
I've noticed something here, that I'm not sure you are aware of or if it's just something that happens for me locally.

I'm using the search for subtitles function quite often and on the right side it tells me how many items it has found (or not found). This looks a little misplaced.
Have a look at this screenshot:

As you can see the "0 items" is place in the lower right corner and goes out of the screen so you can't really see what it tries to tell me Smile

Thanks again for the help!
FANART.TV
The best source of high quality fan supplied artwork for your media collection.
how did you get opencase and cdart to work for moviesets? only single movies display them for me...
Hi mike_doc

I have the standard bluray/dvd cases the blue and black ones not the coloured ones but i have tried it with all the different case options and no case etc.
I have all the images in the sets folder in the skin, I have tried copying schimi2k's grey ones in as well to see if it was the artwork itself but still no joy.

Thanks for the help mike.

@zorenson I'm happy to know its not just mine that's doing it, I was going crazy thinking it was something to do with my set up Smile
@Levi59

you need to turn on the showcase mod in viewtype settings under bluray/dvd cases

Hope that helps.
Hi,

Sorry, it would seem to be an openelec problem and it is not accessing thumbs/sets/ to get the boxset, The images have nothing unique in there visible and they are setup to fallback to backset.png @ /thumbs/sets if the relevant image i.e. fanart / extrafanart1 is empty and it doesn't seem to be doing that in openelec.

Hopefully Shedrox or Brimstone know more and may possibly be able to help you with this openelec issue.

It could be a typo if openelec is case specific like the source issue I've seen discussed, perhaps changing 'backSet' to 'backset' in all lines where backSet is used in Viewtype_ShowcaseMovies might resolve it?

Or if that doesn't work you perhaps could try this, in Viewtype_ShowcaseMovies search for backset.png, you should get lines like this. again don't know it the typo is of concern or not with 'backSet':

<texture background="true" flipx="true" fallback="thumbs/sets/backSet.png" diffuse="thumbs/sets/backSet.png">$INFO[ListItem.Art(extrafanart1)]</texture>

where fallback is being set, try changing to

<texture background="true" flipx="true" fallback="special://skin/thumbs/sets/backSet.png" diffuse="special://skin/thumbs/sets/backSet.png">$INFO[ListItem.Art(extrafanart1)]</texture>

I haven't tested this myself but it seems the problem is the path in the fallback and perhaps this 'special' which I've notice in other fallback settings may work.

If not then remove and of my changes if done and hopefully someone can help with the path issue on openelec.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Hi guys...
well it must be an Openelec issue ( or linux )
i used yesterday a fresh kodi install and a clean guisettings.xml - reconfigure it all and it works like a charm on my windows machine - so it must be linux

for those with image problems maybe try to make a textures.xbt file - all mediaimages in one file instead of unpacked ... that should solve the case-sensitive problem

or just wait a bit until our coding gurus will find a final solution for it Wink
@Mike_Doc

you were right I have finally got the movies set cases working in my sets Smile Smile

You are an absolute star. I went in and changed every one to "backset.png" from "backSet.png" and it worked

@zorenson I hope this works for you too, also can you let me know if you can see the cd art when you have extrafanart1 enabled as I have to select no art for the extra fanart to see the movie set cases and the disc art, if I have extrafanart1 enabled it doesn't show the info on the little right hand page and no disc art.

Thanks again mike
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)29