• 6(current)
XBMC settings won't save, why????
you should install the zip AS IS it seems like you unzipped and are trying to install whats inside the normal zip file

you should use the file AS IS, thats why you got the signature failed
Nope the file is still ZIP I didn't uncompress it or anything, it is completely as-is..
Please help Sad

I thought what the script was half doing had fixed it as the settings stayed for a few days but last night they reset again.

I really would like this fixed please - can you tell me why it won't flash this new firmware? And how to get it to flash?

Thanks.
sorry i was recommending the opposite i just took a look

you got to flash a zip that says signed i dont have a godo internet connection to download and check the file right now, just tell me what files are inside its one that says signed and its in a zip file.
The j1nx build works perfect on this if its a midnight 2 . Just copy this to USB stick and do the toothpick routine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ce5onvpwgtzdeh..._beta2.zip

Bear in mind it's a Linux build tho. No more android... It's a good thing. I've had 3 different android boxes. They all lose settings. This build not lost in once.
adrianc1982 yea there is a file within called 'install_signed'.

sevenofone - I'm downloading that file now, which should I be trying? adrianc1982 or sevenofone?

I've got the day off work today so at home and can spend some time getting this going, so which of yours should I use? Smile. Also, will I need the script to auto-overwrite settings files on either build? adrianc1982 I'll still need it on yours, right? Will I need it on yours sevenofone? Will I need to do the guisettings copy and rename to advancedsettings on yours too sevenofone? Or just setup as per normal and leave guisettings as-is and that's it no more lost settings and no fiddling with anything in file manager?

Thanks.
Sevenofone, i got fedup with it not working and took a punt. Downloaded your file, flashed it, worked fine, xbmc boots on device load (sweeet!) and all looks good. Have set settings as i want, added media, and settings that never used to work now work. Also audio is in better sync now looks like i can leave at 0 offset. Have turned off and on numerous times, settings are sticking. Will see how it goes over next few days. Hoping the settings dont disappear again! Fingers crossed.

PS is there any way to browse files? Dont see how as xbmc loads straight away and home button on remote wont exit it.

Thanks in advance, looks like it is finally sorted this time! Really praying it is haha but wont know for a few days or a week or so.
If you use the j1nx build it saves the guise things fine so you won't have to do anything. I've been running it for months and never lost settings. Just do the recovery procedure and wipe the data/ factory and media before applying the update.

Just to be clear though ANDROID WILL BE GONE, IT'S LINUX ONLY BUILD.

Lol, just saw your last post after doing mine. Glad it worked ok. Which files are you trying to browse? You can get some access through file manager, but if you want to look at all the files on the box. You need to ssh from a pc using putty or winSCP which are both free. Find the IP address of box in the settings and then connect with
Username root
Password letmein
Thanks il look into those apps to access files. One thing. I didnt do any other option other than the update toothpick thing, does this mean the other old android crap wasnt erased?

Oh and my wireless mouse no longer works lol, any particular reason?

Just tried using my Filezilla software. Sftp ssh using credentials specified.

Get connected then connection closed by server with exitcode 127 could not connect to server.

Any idea on that too lol?
Don't worry figured it out with winscp Smile

But do you know why the usb wireless mouse no longer works? And would my old android crap have all been deleted updating to this firmware?
It might have left some residual stuff there. If I were you I'd do it again to be sure. Either that or look at the files in winscp and see if there are any files that shouldn't be there. Not tried a mouse. I know there is an option in settings to allow mouse control, but I use the remote and a wireless keyboard for mine. I seem to remember someone trying it and it won't scroll horizontally on menu screen.

If you go here, this is the j1nx blog about the firmware. A lot of stuff there that will answer your questions.

http://www.j1nx.nl/linux-xbmc-beta2-amlogic-m3/
Adrianc just want to say thankyou for all of your help!

Sevenofone thanks for the link have ahd a good read. However, still cant get mouse working and the time in xbmc is way out when i set to my location. Says 11.56am when its 8.54pm. Is there a way to manually set it or manually offset it?

Thank you too for your help.
no problem nzhardcore, im actually going to move to that build, if things get odd ill try to fix it in the same build you are now Smile

at least you fixed your device and can see why it was worth flashing it Smile
Absolutely, flashing it to linux is the best thing that ever happened to this box Smile and taking the punt then realising XBMC booted straight away and there was no Android bullsh*t to stuff sh*t up was even better! It's like the box was built for and only for XBMC - which is great and exactly what I wanted.

Settings are still sticking - stoked. Let's hope she stays like that!

Oh and the time says some weird way-off time and January 1970 LOL how do I fix that? Read somewhere about SSH to change it? Can't fix it within XBMC and can't find any file to edit in File Editor. Wireless USB mouse also doesn't work which I suppose doesn't really matter now that there are no Android screens of Apps to navigate.
(2013-07-13, 01:08)nzhardcore Wrote: Absolutely, flashing it to linux is the best thing that ever happened to this box Smile and taking the punt then realising XBMC booted straight away and there was no Android bullsh*t to stuff sh*t up was even better! It's like the box was built for and only for XBMC - which is great and exactly what I wanted.

Settings are still sticking - stoked. Let's hope she stays like that!

Oh and the time says some weird way-off time and January 1970 LOL how do I fix that? Read somewhere about SSH to change it? Can't fix it within XBMC and can't find any file to edit in File Editor. Wireless USB mouse also doesn't work which I suppose doesn't really matter now that there are no Android screens of Apps to navigate.

It goes to that time only when it boots without a live Internet connection. Make sure the router is booted and available and it will go to the correct time and date. ( assuming you have chosen the correct time zone in settings")
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC settings won't save, why????0