• 6(current)
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!
(2017-02-14, 16:40)robo989 Wrote: I used to use the PS3/PS4 mode a while back for a bit, but it's lacking loads of buttons and a complete PITA to map the keys with that.
Mapping to keyboard shortcuts...ahhh so much nicer and limitless options.
infinity85 thanks a bunch for the clear instructions in this thread. I've been suffering with crappy slow response IR for years with my harmony remotes and this sorts that right out.
Just need to get the keys mapped properly and can finally say goodbye to LIRC BS!

Yes, it can be a pain in the butt if you don't already use it and have it set up like this. Bluez needs to be patched to allow all the buttons to be recognizable, and you must map the buttons on the ps3 remote to equivalent keyboard buttons through a conf file. So when you map your keys on your harmony, you must map them to the equivalent PS3 remote keys which are then mapped to actual keyboard buttons.

So yes, mapping directly to keyboard shortcuts is more or less the same, minus the pain. It's so much easier than all the other ways of doing this. And if you need to emulate a real keyboard press to be able to boot the computer, you could buy a flirc just for that.
(2017-02-14, 17:56)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 17:45)s1mon Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 16:57)infinity85 Wrote: Which harmony do you own, and what are the steps you do to add the Device

Harmony ultimate with the hub

https://fcku.it/files/1/file-1487087074892.mp4
Good that you captured it in a video, otherwise one would never notice the "mistake" there, hahaha Rofl

You are typing in "Microsoft : MCE Keyboard", but instead of pressing the "add" button at the lower right corner, you press add computer and add a computer device. Basically you don't add the MCE Keyboard profile, but you add the "Windows Computer" profile. Actually you could simply skip the typing "Microsoft : MCE Keyboard" and go over directly to computer Laugh

Such misunderstanding happen all the time between all of us, I guess Smile.

To sum up: You are not using the IR based MCE Keyboard profile. You add the bluetooth based "Windows Computer" profile.

lol and I typed all that stuff every time for NOTHING!!! Tongue
(2017-02-14, 23:36)s1mon Wrote: lol and I typed all that stuff every time for NOTHING!!! Tongue
Big Grin
Well... the harmony software is strange in so many ways... I had to play around sooo much at the beginning, because it's simply inconclusive. But good to know now... I was trying many times after you mentioned it and I ended up always with IR MCE Keyboard... could not figure out how you got it becoming bluetooth Big Grin
I am currently using a ps3 bluetooth remote, and managed to pair the hub to LE using the ps3 profile.

But, as before, none of the buttons in the app work after connection.
(2017-02-14, 11:35)infinity85 Wrote: I think it is rather an incompatibility between LibreELEC and, your Bluetooth usb dongle. I am using a cheap CSR 4.0 adapter.

I'll try a new adapter as a last option. Does this one seem suitable? CSR 4.0 adapter
(2017-02-15, 13:57)sausageman Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 11:35)infinity85 Wrote: I think it is rather an incompatibility between LibreELEC and, your Bluetooth usb dongle. I am using a cheap CSR 4.0 adapter.

I'll try a new adapter as a last option. Does this one seem suitable? CSR 4.0 adapter
yes, it's kind of the same that i have here. But please... Before you buy this, take a spare sd card or so and test a recent Krypton based libreelec build or so. Perhaps it is because of an old libreelec version. Hard to imagine that it pairs successfully, but doesn't recognize any buttons. Odds are high that it's also a software issue in your libreelec version.
Thanks for the advice. The LE build I use will have a new beta in the next couple of days so will try that.
Looked back some pages here and saw that you are using it on a x86/x64 system with libreelec 7.0.2
So either a new libreelec version could help, or your system initializes Bluetooth after every boot somehow differently, compared to a raspberry pi or odroid c2. Perhaps the CSR 4.0 could help, as it uses different drivers (assumption) than your current Bluetooth dongle. Or it will behave the same shitty way, because your mainboard does something differently :/. I don't think that the actual issue is the harmony hub, but nothing is impossible -_-
Cool, I'll give the dongle a go. I can always send it back if it doesn't make a difference.
I use a Harmony Elite with a Chromebox and latest LibreELEC Milhouse v18 Build via BT and no problems at all. I use a MCE Profile and added die Harmony via the Smartphone App as a BT Keyboard. Works like a charm. Response is way better compared to IR.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2017-02-15, 22:02)john.cord Wrote: I use a Harmony Elite with a Chromebox and latest LibreELEC Milhouse v18 Build via BT and no problems at all. I use a MCE Profile and added die Harmony via the Smartphone App as a BT Keyboard. Works like a charm. Response is way better compared to IR.
And again... Which Harmony profile do you use? There is no profile which is called "BT Keyboard" and the "MCE Keyboard" profile is IR based and not Bluetooth. So which profile did you add exactly?
(2017-02-15, 22:07)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 22:02)john.cord Wrote: I use a Harmony Elite with a Chromebox and latest LibreELEC Milhouse v18 Build via BT and no problems at all. I use a MCE Profile and added die Harmony via the Smartphone App as a BT Keyboard. Works like a charm. Response is way better compared to IR.
And again... Which Harmony profile do you use? There is no profile which is called "BT Keyboard" and the "MCE Keyboard" profile is IR based and not Bluetooth. So which profile did you add exactly?
Profile is Microsoft Windows Mediacenter. Then add BT Keyboard via Smartphone App. It is under Activity Settings (or Actions? I dont know what its called in english) --> "Keyboard".

Gesendet von meinem mobilen Fusionsreaktor mit Tapatalk
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
I use the Microsoft and Kodi profile with BT. I have found this to be fast and the majority of the buttons work. I don't think any of my colored buttons are working. What exactly should they be doing or bringing up. I have learned a lot reading through all the responses to this post. Keep up the good work.
(2017-02-15, 23:44)john.cord Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 22:07)infinity85 Wrote:
Profile is Microsoft Windows Mediacenter. Then add BT Keyboard via Smartphone App. It is under Activity Settings (or Actions? I dont know what its called in english) --> "Keyboard".

Gesendet von meinem mobilen Fusionsreaktor mit Tapatalk
There are hundrets of thousands Harmony profiles. Please be a bit more specific, what exactly do you type in in your harmony app? If I go to "add Device", then "Entertainment devices" (the first item of the categories) and type in (Android App) "1. Line: Manufacturer Microsoft, 2. Line Model: Windows Mediacenter", then the app says that it is a "Software application,... if your computer has a built in IR receiver, then go back and type in the IR Receivers Model Number or the Computers Model Number etc...". I don't know what it says exactly in the english version, as I see only the german text, but in the end there is an IR profile without any buttons. If you could please name the exact category, manufacturer and Model that you type in, to get a BT Keyboard there, that would be very helpful.

(2017-02-16, 23:38)cap2587 Wrote: I use the Microsoft and Kodi profile with BT. I have found this to be fast and the majority of the buttons work. I don't think any of my colored buttons are working. What exactly should they be doing or bringing up. I have learned a lot reading through all the responses to this post. Keep up the good work.
Yes right, I was kind of wrong, when I said every button is working. Actually all the buttons of the Harmony (except Menu perhaps?) are used/assigned with functions in this profile and they are also recognized in Kodi by the "Keymap Editor Addon". So you can map them with the keymap addon as you wish, even the red, blue, yellow and green one. They are not doing that much if you don't use the Keymap Editor Addon once, to map the buttons. That is with "Manufacturer: Microsoft; Model: KODI".

If you use the "Computer --> Windows Computer" Profile, then the yellow, red, green, blue buttons are used/assigned in Harmony Software, but they are not working respectively not recognized by the Keymap Editor Addon, if trying to use these coloured buttons on LibreELEC. I assume on a Windows Computer, the buttons are working as expected, but for linux based platforms these keys are useless. So you'd need to reassign them in Harmony software to Letters like R, B, Y, G or so, so that LibreELEC can recognize those button presses. This profile is kind of suited for Windows out of the box, so I guess some MediaCommands (coloured ones) are only available on Windows, if you don't change them in Harmony Software.
(2017-02-15, 14:12)infinity85 Wrote: Looked back some pages here and saw that you are using it on a x86/x64 system with libreelec 7.0.2
So either a new libreelec version could help, or your system initializes Bluetooth after every boot somehow differently, compared to a raspberry pi or odroid c2. Perhaps the CSR 4.0 could help, as it uses different drivers (assumption) than your current Bluetooth dongle. Or it will behave the same shitty way, because your mainboard does something differently :/. I don't think that the actual issue is the harmony hub, but nothing is impossible -_-

Hmm, so the Hub now connects well with the new dongle, but the physical remote (Companion) doesn't work. It did before for the IR connections, but now nothing is working. I have tried re-pairing, removing the battery, factory reset on the hub...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!0