• 6(current)
H.264 in MP4 containers (inc. Nero Digital MPEG-4 AVC)
Thumbs Down 
(bob0r @ feb. 19 2005,23:15 Wrote:i have read x264 was supported, can anyone explain to me why x264 video stalls/struggles with playback?
it's been aswered already!!! i will ban your a** from this forums if you don't read old posts in threads before posting yourself, i'm just so sick of people posting before reading.
seriously, i don't get mad often and usually when i do i keep it to myself but in this case we already answered that question almost ten times in this thread, don't be so lazy Stare
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Smile 
(gamester17 @ feb. 21 2005,08:48 Wrote:it's been aswered already!!! i will ban your a** from this forums if you don't read old posts in threads before posting yourself, i'm just so sick of people posting before reading.
seriously, i don't get mad often and usually when i do i keep it to myself but in this case we already answered that question almost ten times in this thread, don't be so lazy Stare
bob0r is very ashamed  Blush

i see support will be ready when mplayer has a new release ready, sorry for asking, but we just cant have the best player in the world, not play the best codec in the world.
x246 may be alpha. it surely gonna rock our boxers!  Cool

Stare

again sorry for repeating, again sorry for repeating,  Blush
(charly @ jan. 28 2005,21:17 Wrote:try this totally unsupported and likely never to be updated dll. if it works, great, if it doesn't, i won't be fixing it.

i only tried a few nero digital avc samples but most of them required too much cpu power so it plays with late frames, dropping frames or just doesn't play at all. so if it's not playing try encoding it with less options, less bitrate, less audiochannels...
merged some matroska demuxing stuff in there too but i have no idea if it works.
does anyone have this dll? i tried d/l it but the link is not working.
i've got it if you still need it-

anybody get nero digital working on xbmc yet?
Wink 
no Sad

h.264 - nero digital works not on xbmc :help:
hi

did any thing new happen on this?
cuz a lot of the encoding groups are switching from divx,xvid to avc h.264. Confused  
so please i just want to know if the xbox can handel the avc h.264 if not know in the future. cuz people say that some computers can't.
still not working?
Question 
http://mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/news.html

2005.04.16, saturday :: mplayer 1.0pre7 released
Quote:ffmpeg/libavcodec:
rv20 fixes
many h.264 fixes
b-frames in h.264, h.264 weighted prediction support

i guess we have to wait for a new xbmc version now :thumbsup:

i can't wait to test my latest x264 encodes!! :agree:
sweet. i hope they release xbmc with mplayer 1.0pre7 in it soon
02 may 2005, still no sign of it Huh
(jono @ april 21 2005,00:23 Wrote:i hope they release xbmc with mplayer 1.0pre7 in it soon
it's currently being discussed internaly. however most likely xbmc will not be updated to mplayer 1.0pre7 now as too many huge changes have been made to mplayer and many more is planned for mplayer 1.0pre8, ...instead we probebely 'only' update ffmpeg (the audio/video codec suit) in xbmc cvs for now while we wait for a full mplayer 1.0.0 final release (which should hopefully be out before christmas, ask mplayer if you need an e.t.a.) and at that time the whole mplayer-core in xbmc will get updated. please don't ask for an e.t.a.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@Gamester17

hmm i see, but since its not an official product, would it be possible you create some updated files, that we can play with?
for example, my main goal is playing x264 ( http://x264.nl ) encoded video files. though the moment x264 hits a final tag, xbmc might have a solution by then, it would be cool to play and test with it now.
latest ffdshow i've tried (27-may-05), for the first time, it plays nero avc file without problem. so i think that ffmpeg avc decoder can now decode nero avc properly.

once xbmc is using new mplayer core, it will play avc just fine. the only problem might be the processing power of the xbox itself.
hi all,
i've ripped a movie with nero digital, i used the nero hdtv advanced video coding (avc) profile, and have set the audio to 6 channel aac high efficiency (he). now, the audio isn't the problem (i was affraid xbmc only supported low complexity), but the video is; when i ripped it in asp instead of avc the picture was fine, but in avc the picture is all f*cked up. does anyone know how to resolve this? i've got latest xbmc from 30 may 2005.

thanx in advance!
same
avc encodes aren't supported yet.

xbmc and therefore mplayer uses ffmpeg for decoding. now ffmpeg does now support avc but the version implemented in xbmc is an older version without support for avc.

i'm hoping the devs will see fit to update ffmpeg at some point soon as i too would like to do some avc encoding.

however i understand that ffmpeg and avc decoding is under heavy development atm so they may well be waiting for things to stabilise before implementing it into xbmc. especially since avc decoding requires alot more processing power, hence waiting for ffmpeg to optimise their code may well be the smart thing to do given the xbox lack of processing power compared to modern pc's.

by the way it's best to search too:

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....digital
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H.264 in MP4 containers (inc. Nero Digital MPEG-4 AVC)0