• 7(current)
Arctic MC101 Barebone (A10)- very powerful low power HTPC....
Thank you for the answer Smile
Hi all, I bought an MC001 at amazon de for 99+sh and I was so satisfied running W7 MCE that I bought another to replace my wife´s noisy pc for office work, internet, etc, and it worked out great. I myself also like playing games, so I have bought an MC101 A10 from arctic.ac. I managed to pay after the annoying moneybroker process but now I only get "Order has not been processed yet" after a week even though it was "ready for shipment" when I purchased it. I have written and no reply, lousy customer support.

Anyone on how long it took to process after paying?
I´ll answer my own question, ordered on the 14th, shipped on the 21st
Will post also here..

Arctic Openelec (v3 rc3) was released....

http://openelec.tv/get-openelec/download...load/11/44
(2013-02-21, 18:32)solamnic Wrote: Will post also here..

Arctic Openelec (v3 rc3) was released....

http://openelec.tv/get-openelec/download...load/11/44

What's so special about this specific release ?
I presume (since i dont have the Arctic yet) everything will work as intended (dvbt, remote)
Looks pretty expensive to me as an HTPC.
My pocket isn't jumping Tongue
Raspberry Pi-B with Raspbmc
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
LG PA75U Projector with 113" DIY screen
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Denon AVR S500BT with Klipsch Reference series 5.1 setup
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

The barebone version is much cheaper
Hello , I'm hoping that I can trouble you all for a few answers to my question about the barebones MC101 (A8), for which I think I purchased last week, at least that's what my CC says, Arctic as everyone has been chiming in, is horrendous with there customer service, so I believe it's on the way (gulp).

When it should arrive, I would like to hit the ground running, with regards to operating system. I like the idea of Linux, but being a real novice, I think I will go the xbmcbuntu route, a web browser is important to me, and install it on my Samsung 840 120 ssd gb drive. What is the right version of xbmcbuntu I should use, with regards to the mc-101 hardware?

Additionally, if I decide to go the openelec way, I see that arctic and openelec have teamed up for a release for the mc-0001, would that work for for the MC101 (A8)? If not, what would be the best (compatible) version?

Thanks M8's
I hear its the AMD Fusion build of openelec that should be used on the MC101 as opposed to the Arctic MC001 build.
I feel money jumping out of my wallet.Image Image
(2013-02-27, 03:39)calibos Wrote: I hear its the AMD Fusion build of openelec that should be used on the MC101 as opposed to the Arctic MC001 build.

IMHO openelec fusion builds are optimized for amd e-350 / e-450 apu's like they are used in the smaller zboxes (zotac is a sponsor of openelec so they offer the right builds).
For an amd llano or trinity system like the mc101, it's recommended to use the openelec generic build.
Thanks for the reply's. Looks like I'm going to go the thumb drive route and check at this build first - xbmcbuntu-12.00.Intel-AMD.iso 29-Jan-2013 17:11 608M and if that isn't compatible with the A8 hardware, then I'll try the openelec generic build.

BTW, the Arctic website is now showing the A8's as being discontinued, and the A10's have a price reduction. I have yet to get a shipping date out of them, you really take monoprice and newegg for granted when it comes to customer service, but really, how hard is it to return friggen email!
Apparenlty it wont be falling out of our wallets because over here in the states the MC101 "barebone" has been discontinued.

Anybody have any insight? Doesnt look like amazon carries it either. Only directv to artic.

Its $579 for the US version.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/discont...ducts.html
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
(2013-03-01, 11:16)nc88keyz Wrote: Apparenlty it wont be falling out of our wallets because over here in the states the MC101 "barebone" has been discontinued.

Anybody have any insight? Doesnt look like amazon carries it either. Only directv to artic.

Its $579 for the US version.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/discont...ducts.html

I ordered one of these recently and it took about a month to receive. They originally said they ran out of the model I wanted (8GB) but found one in their warehouse. My guess is they didn't sell enough barebones models to be worth having a separate version.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic MC101 Barebone (A10)- very powerful low power HTPC....0