• 8(current)
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!
gimli Wrote:Binaries updated. Happy testing Smile

ATV2 4.2.2
No receiver, Analog 2.0

The little one was watching one of her movies (DTS 5.1) and i took a peek at the log... not sure if alll the Continuity Errors should be there pastebin

Playing this FLAC crashed XBMC within a minutepastebin

Was listening to a full-length album in ALAC, playback is clear, much better than FLAC, but there were at least 2 dropouts (sound goes silent, then resumes in about a half second) during the 80 minutes.
XBMC: AE from June 24 13:24
ATV: 4.2.2 (4.3)
TV: Toshiba via HDMI
Audio: optical to Yamaha RX-V357

aTV had to be set to 16-Bit Audio. I had stuttering on AC3 and white noise on DTS otherwise.

XBMC Settings:
Audio - optical
Speakers - 5.1
Downmix - checked
AC3 - checked
DTS - checked

After deleting guisettings.xml menu sound worked fine.

I tested with an MKV which inkluded h264 and two audio streams
1 - DTS 5.1
2 - AC3 2.0

One thing I noticed, when I stopped the movie while the DTS stream had been activated, the menu sound only came back after 20-30 seconds.
On the receiver, the DTS light was kinda blinking during that period of time. Could be a problem with the receiver... don't have that much DTS sources to test (besides the aTV).

Returning from AC3 worked fine for the menu sounds...

XBMC Log: http://pastebin.com/MJFVYXZG

Thanks a whole lot for the great effort!
bahman2000 Wrote:ATV2 4.2.2
No receiver, Analog 2.0

The little one was watching one of her movies (DTS 5.1) and i took a peek at the log... not sure if alll the Continuity Errors should be there pastebin

Playing this FLAC crashed XBMC within a minutepastebin

Was listening to a full-length album in ALAC, playback is clear, much better than FLAC, but there were at least 2 dropouts (sound goes silent, then resumes in about a half second) during the 80 minutes.

Packages updated. Can you please retest ?

thx

gimli
gimli Wrote:Packages updated. Can you please retest ?

thx

gimli

Git:20110625-f62b093 Compiled: Jun 25 2011

DTS works, 5.1 works. 2 channel stereo did *not* work, and neither did MP3s.

So I deleted guisettings; tried again, *without* setting all the proper audio (i.e., telling it I have AC3 and DTS, etc) I only set the SMB client, so I could access files. This time I *DID* have TWIT audio. YAY!

2 channel stero, m4v file - worked.
2 channel MP3 - worked.
FLAC worked.

Changed audio to Optical out, AC3 and DTS.

5.1 audio - worked.
DTS - worked.
TWIT - worked.

Log: http://pastebin.com/WA174WtJ

Then I exited XBMC, and went back in. Did nothing else, just started the TWIT video add-on..

And it *still* working. Double YAY!

The only thing I haven't set is to set the zoom level to -4%, so it fits better onscreen. I will be superstitious and not change that (yet). :-)

So far, so EXCELLENT! Thanks so much.

EDIT: TWIT streaming froze - I got a buffering message, then it went away. And the screen sat there on a frozen image, for 5 or more minutes. I was able to hit "Menu" and go back out, and go back in, and it was still working ...
XBMC: Pre-11.0 Git:20110625-f62b093
ATV: 4.2.2 (4.3)
Jailbroken: Seas0npass
TV: Toshiba via HDMI
Audio: optical to Yamaha R-V1103
Video: HDMI to Samsung LN-T4665

XBMC Settings:
Audio - Optical/Coax
Boost volume level on downmix - checked
AC3 - checked
DTS - unchecked
Audio output device: Default

Sound:
Stereo: Fine
AC3: No sound

Issue: After a minute or two, while on the Settings screen, the TV started flickering between purple/green to fuzz to picture and then all over again. Same issue on the ATV screen. Powered off/on TV fixed so it may be a TV issue. Just wanted to report it.

Log
adn77 Wrote:XBMC: AE from June 24 13:24
aTV had to be set to 16-Bit Audio. I had stuttering on AC3 and white noise on DTS otherwise.
Ugh. All this time mine was on 'auto' and suffered the same stutter/static. Manually changing this to 16bit/DD has fixed this. Thanks for pointing out something obvious that I'd missed!

I can now use XBMC properly again! Big Grin

--

XBMC Pre-11 Git:20110625-f62b093
ATV2 iOS: 4.2.2 (2203)
Reciever: Logitech Z5500 5.1 connected via optical
XBMC settings: optical/coax, 5.1, downmix boost on, DD AC3 on, DTS on, audio output default, GUI sounds on.
aTV2 settings: 16bit manual on, DD manual on

No issues with any videos I threw at it, mix of filetypes, AC3 5.1, DTS 5.1 and stereo.

http://pastebin.com/u9zMEFCQ
DeMoB Wrote:Ugh. All this time mine was on 'auto' and suffered the same stutter/static. Manually changing this to 16bit/DD has fixed this. Thanks for pointing out something obvious that I'd missed!

I can now use XBMC properly again! Big Grin

--

XBMC Pre-11 Git:20110625-f62b093
ATV2 iOS: 4.2.2 (2203)
Reciever: Logitech Z5500 5.1 connected via optical
XBMC settings: optical/coax, 5.1, downmix boost on, DD AC3 on, DTS on, audio output default, GUI sounds on.
aTV2 settings: 16bit manual on, DD manual on

No issues with any videos I threw at it, mix of filetypes, AC3 5.1, DTS 5.1 and stereo.

http://pastebin.com/u9zMEFCQ

Is 16 bit a feature of ATV 4.3? Mine doesn't seem to have that option?
Tenny Wrote:Is 16 bit a feature of ATV 4.3? Mine doesn't seem to have that option?

Yes, it's an option with the latest Apple TV firmware. The version is 4.2.2, I believe. I had to un-jailbreak mine, update the firmware, and then re-jailbreak.

The latest firmware has a lot of audio-related fixes, including the option for 16 bit audio.
MikeLeone Wrote:Yes, it's an option with the latest Apple TV firmware. The version is 4.2.2, I believe. I had to un-jailbreak mine, update the firmware, and then re-jailbreak.

The latest firmware has a lot of audio-related fixes, including the option for 16 bit audio.
Alright, just installed 4.2.2 and switched to 16 bit audio and dd on...

Still the same as before... Sad
http://pastebin.com/hU0w0dkw
Hey, just installed the latest version (sorry that is bad terminology, but the wife is hogging the TV at the moment) of the AE build to see if it fixed the 5.1 AC3 issue where I was hearing the rear output out of the left speaker. It seems to have fixed that, but it has a serious graphical glitch where parts of the screen flicker as I navigate the interface.

Before I go about and troubleshoot this, has anyone else had this issue? (the build was dated 25 June)

cheers.
Binaries updated. Have fun.
gimli Wrote:Binaries updated. Have fun.

we're up to 10.0.9 ?

Need to remove guisettings.xml?
this release is pvr compliant ?
ALAC playback went down the drain again.

Choppy, skippy, pitched down, useless.

@gimli all the work you did on this, didn't get added to the new release?
No PVR.

Bahman2000, are you saying the currently build gimli uploaded to http://hadm.net/xbmc/ae is having ALAC problems again?
If so, post logs/proper info. We can't be guessing what you mean.

Rickrude,
The left speaker problem solved have been resolved months ago..
I haven't had screen redraw issues either. Did you try deleting guisettings.xml and see if that fixes it?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!0