• 8(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
bossanova808 Wrote:See first post for full details of just released 0.2.9

(no need to chmod +x the binaries this time, it's all auto now!)

Full instructions have found a temporary home here

Just tried from my work laptop (Ubuntu 11.10), and I still need to chmod squeezeslave. I chmod +x, everything works. If I remove the add-on and re-install... need to chmod again.

Could this be because I am not using an 'xbmc' user on this machine? I will try from my openelec PC tonight to see if I see the same results.
Got it working!

The key was to uninstall the plugin - the repo AND delete ALL refs. to xsqueeze in the roaming folders. Reinstall everything.

Phew!
Nuking the add on and repo IS NOT REQUIRED - just the settings.xml file as I mentioned.

It's all to do with the way xbmc rather dumbly handles settings...

@sdsnyr - could I get your log file - but yep I think that will be a user permissions issue...I will improve the handling and raise a notification in this case.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I'll remember that next time!
The settings side of it should be a lot more stable from here anyway
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
2 points:

win7-32 confluence

A scrolling metadata line (eg. on BBC radio streams), if long, extends beyond the box border on the right

I don't see any times under the playing line
Radio streams don't have times.

Will fix the line being too long...
bossanova808 Wrote:Nuking the add on and repo IS NOT REQUIRED - just the settings.xml file as I mentioned.

It's all to do with the way xbmc rather dumbly handles settings...

@sdsnyr - could I get your log file - but yep I think that will be a user permissions issue...I will improve the handling and raise a notification in this case.

Which log files do you need? Just xbmc?

I will post them when I am back at that PC tomorrow.
Yep, just xbmc.

I will probably do 0.3.1 before then if I can work out WTF is going on with unicode at all the various ends....
I think pastebin is having an issue, so I am having trouble uploading the log. Not sure how much it would help you though, since it says:

14:36:19 T:140387473164032 NOTICE: XSqueeze0.3: chmod +x the Squeezeslave binaries - success

Yet the file is still not marked as executable.
hmmm ok that means the system call is not raising an exception which is....odd.

os.chmod gave me permissions errors, so I (on advice) changed that to os.system - which may return ok even if the actual command fails. Guess I'll look into it but I supect it will only affect users with funny users - that said, by definition, your xbmc user must be able to write to where the binaries are, right? Can you switch to that user and manually try 'chmod a+x squeezeslave' for me (i.e. I know your actual user account can do it, but you run xbmc under another user right?)?
bossanova808 Wrote:hmmm ok that means the system call is not raising an exception which is....odd.

os.chmod gave me permissions errors, so I (on advice) changed that to os.system - which may return ok even if the actual command fails. Guess I'll look into it but I supect it will only affect users with funny users - that said, by definition, your xbmc user must be able to write to where the binaries are, right? Can you switch to that user and manually try 'chmod a+x squeezeslave' for me (i.e. I know your actual user account can do it, but you run xbmc under another user right?)?

That was on my work laptop, which I only had XBMC on to play with xsqueeze the other day.... I will create an 'xbmc' user on my Linux Mint 12 box and see if that makes a difference.
Well, on Mint 12 my normal user had no trouble with the add-on... add-on updated and chmoded the file without issues... must of been something odd with my work laptop. I may create a virtual machine of Ubuntu 11.10 this weekend and see if I can duplicate the problem, just to rule out an OS specific bug.

Thanks again for the great work you are doing on the add-on.
No problems - you should ahve got a pop up message when you ran it anyway, and I don't think there is much more I can do in this area.

I will pause for a bit on the add on I think, just to give it time to spread and for people to use it, and whil I consider the next step (library/playlist side, basically).
0.3.2 out, major new feature is unicode is fixed (assuming you use a skin with unicode support)
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3