• 8(current)
Release Hulu
well to get started @dapharsyde

if you want to detect chapter changes, it looks like it happens here - https://github.com/xbmc/inputstream.adap...n.cpp#L694

might just throw in some extra debug log messages for the time being until youre sure youre detecting what you want

for building binary addons - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/docs/README.md

once youve detected properly then you could move on to whats required to send kodi a message of some sort to tell it about the break

then, you just need to act on it from kodi
(2023-04-07, 02:17)jepsizofye Wrote: well to get started @dapharsyde

if you want to detect chapter changes, it looks like it happens here - https://github.com/xbmc/inputstream.adap...n.cpp#L694

might just throw in some extra debug log messages for the time being until youre sure youre detecting what you want

for building binary addons - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/docs/README.md

once youve detected properly then you could move on to whats required to send kodi a message of some sort to tell it about the break

then, you just need to act on it from kodi
As I understand things, it's not exactly the chapter changes I'm looking to detect, it's the type of DASH stream being played.  From some googling I've done, the DASH MPD will contain information about SCTE-35 markers, which indicate that an advertisement is playing.  @matthuisman has mentioned that the Hulu plugin already has access to this manifest, so I was hoping to piggy-back onto that to determine when an SCTE-35 marker appears or disappears, and use this as the event to mute/unmute audio.
yes the manifest is proxied through the addon but from the last answer i got its not in there its in the actual video stream as a chapter

chapters and video streams are dealt with by inputstream where i linked
(2023-04-07, 03:01)jepsizofye Wrote: yes the manifest is proxied through the addon but from the last answer i got its not in there its in the actual video stream as a chapter

chapters and video streams are dealt with by inputstream where i linked
I think the information about the ad breaks is available in the manifest as well.  The difference is that this isn't the "proper" way to implement this feature -- the proper way is to have inputstream.adaptive report this information in the chapter/period, and have kodi act on it accordingly, making it a generalized solution for all.  But since neither of those dev teams are interested in doing this anytime soon, I was hoping to do it the "hacky" way and just look at the manifest via the Hulu plugin.
The hard part is knowing where Kodi is currently playing.

You could detect the manifest contains the ad break, but how do you know when Kodi is playing it... You can't do it on when that segment gets requested as IA could be caching ahead or the user may have just navigated away or paused. It's a nightmare. Inputstream and Kodi together would know what's playing and if there was some sort of marker on those periods, it could simply mute
(2023-04-07, 08:49)matthuisman Wrote: The hard part is knowing where Kodi is currently playing.

You could detect the manifest contains the ad break, but how do you know when Kodi is playing it... You can't do it on when that segment gets requested as IA could be caching ahead or the user may have just navigated away or paused. It's a nightmare. Inputstream and Kodi together would know what's playing and if there was some sort of marker on those periods, it could simply mute
Ah thanks for explaining.  So the "hacky" method may not work at all, at least not without implementing a lot of what it would take to do it the right way to begin with.  I've asked enen92 if there is a Kodi issue tracking the feature request for addons to edit the EDL.  My understanding is that this is the first step in enabling the rest of these capabilities.
Sorry for originally posting in the wrong thread.

I'm getting "The JWT token is invalid" error message when I try to play anything.  Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
(2023-06-11, 16:03)dshorrosh Wrote: Sorry for originally posting in the wrong thread.

I'm getting "The JWT token is invalid" error message when I try to play anything.  Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

try removing the device from your hulu account and add it again.....unless you are using a hacked/shared account?
I deleted from my Hulu account, but how do I add the new device code?  I don't see where Matt's set-up page covers that.

https://www.matthuisman.nz/2021/10/hulu-...dd-on.html
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
(2023-06-11, 21:26)dshorrosh Wrote: I deleted from my Hulu account, but how do I add the new device code?  I don't see where Matt's set-up page covers that.

https://www.matthuisman.nz/2021/10/hulu-...dd-on.html

on that page where is says "You will need to login first" there is a screenshot showing "login with device code"
Right but so far as I can tell that only shows when first adding the add-on.  I don't see that option when I go to the installed add-on and click configure > advanced.

Or do I need to reset and start over?
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
(2023-06-11, 21:52)dshorrosh Wrote: Right but so far as I can tell that only shows when first adding the add-on.  I don't see that option when I go to the installed add-on and click configure > advanced.

Or do I need to reset and start over?

its not in settings, just open the addon like you would normally when you want to watch something

when you are not logged in it will list 2 items "Login" and "Settings"

when you are logged in it will show the full menu "Live Channels", "TV Shows", "Movies", "Sports" etc...
Ah, got it - logged out and entered the new activation code - success!  Thanks for the assistance.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
youre welcome
OK, this is new.  Suddenly, video will not play *some* for Hulu channels, either from within IP Merge or straight from the Hulu add-on.  Audio will play but the screen doesn't change on the Win7 box, but video will play from the OTA channels.

Also. the Raspberry Pi boxes reboot when I press 'stop'.

Did an update go out?

*** UPDATE *** This seems to have self resolved.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hulu0