• 8(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
Chubster Wrote:Hmm....something is not quite right. When playing with standard DVD Player CPU average is around the same...So does dsplayer not do anything with MPEG2 files?

Also when playing via DVDPlayer the movie fills the screen but when playing via DSplayer there are borders all around??

A few more tweaks, but where?

Ta

Chub

About mpeg2, DSPlayer uses either FFDShow or Media Player Classic Home Cinema (by default) both of these do not have DXVA/hardware acceleration for MPEG2.
You need Cyberlink Decoder for that (can be extracted from the free trial package) or Elecard decoder (not free). Cyberlink has been known for having the best mpeg2/dvd image quality, but I am not up to date on this.
Many thanks Steelman..
Hi I am new and was playing with this. Is this correct that when using DSPlayer the Bookmarks don't work anymore? Shocked
Zodler Wrote:Hi I am new and was playing with this. Is this correct that when using DSPlayer the Bookmarks don't work anymore? Shocked

A lot doesn't work in the latest trunks of XBMC. Since DSPlayer is build with latest trunk, a lot won't work, wich is not a DSPlayer issue.
I have try to change all coreavc instances with mpcvideodec but i have the same problem in DVD/MKV files and the h.264 video quality is worse than coreavc, in my opinion coreavc is better then all the other HD codec.
For the moment i maintain my configuration and start mpg2Mkv whit dvdplayer manually from ''Play Using...'' Menu. Thenks

P.S. A little question: Is possible to add italian scraper (movieplayer.it) in the new scrape method?
Zodler Wrote:Hi I am new and was playing with this. Is this correct that when using DSPlayer the Bookmarks don't work anymore? Shocked

Welcome Zodler - seems to be the case - just tried it, not sure whether this has been reported or not. Works with native DVDPlayer playback, so unless I'm mistaken it isn't a trunk build problem. Might be worth popping over to the main DSPlayer build thread, carry out a quick search on bookmarks, if nothing shows, then post as a bug for Tiben/Seb.
Cangio87 Wrote:I have try to change all coreavc instances with mpcvideodec but i have the same problem in DVD/MKV files and the h.264 video quality is worse than coreavc, in my opinion coreavc is better then all the other HD codec.
For the moment i maintain my configuration and start mpg2Mkv whit dvdplayer manually from ''Play Using...'' Menu. Thenks

P.S. A little question: Is possible to add italian scraper (movieplayer.it) in the new scrape method?

No doubt a lot of people share your opinion, I just found it didn't like playing where other codec rules were required. If your happy manually setting playback that's OK, the fact that despite removing coreavc from your playback rules didn't resolve your problem, would obviously indicate a problem perhaps either in your confif (ffdshow, or dsfilter).

Just had another look - not only are you using coreavc for dxva playback, but also for all other playback in your mkv rule - try changing the

<video filter="coreavcvideodec" /> to
<video filter="ffdshowvideodec" />

and see what it does.

The scraper problem is a trunk build issue and therefore outwith the scope of the DSPlayer branch.
Tandriin Wrote:Hiho, it's me again (Problem Post)
With the new build, the problem that i had only audio and no video is gone and i can watch 720/1080 videos again over XBMC.

But curiously i had to change the dsconfigfilter.xml file, because XBMC ignored the codecs in the "video dxva=true filter" and always used the "video filter" codec . I don't know why. After i changed the video filter to "ffdvideodxvadec" he used ffdshow with dxva accelartation.

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="mkvsource" />
      <splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
      <video>
        <video dxva="true" filter="ffdvideodxvadec" />
        <video filter="ffdvideodxvadec" />
      </video>
      <audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
    </rule>

Is this a dsplayer "bug" that he dosn't recognize that my system (acer aspire r3610) has the ability to use dxva?
Here's a debug log if that's a help for the developer -> http://pastebin.com/bytcb7Sc

Another mystery is, that i don't get mpc video decoder running with dxva. When i use the mpc coded as video filter and dxva filter and i open the video codec dialog while playing a mkv file, i always get the message that dxva isn't active. I don't have the option to active it. i can only choose the combaility modus. But whatever setting i choose the result is always the same.
When i open the file with the mpc-hc dxva is activated.

It dosn't bugging me at the moment, because i got ffd dxva working. But it would interest me why it's not working. I think, like i wrote a few sentences before, that dsplayer dosn't recognize that my system supports dxva and loads the mpc codec without dxva support.
Any option to change that? I use the current nvidia ion graphic and chipset driver, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Check that the file is dxva compliant - also, just a suggestion, have you tried using either cyberlink or ffdhowdxva (which you say works for you) for the video codec?

Also what OS are you using? I have the 3600 single core and have no problems.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
blinkseb Wrote:You are using a VERY old build, please upgrade.

For you issue, that's why there is a "videocodec" attribute for the video codec. You can use
Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="mkvsource" />
      <splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
      <video>
        <video videocodec="mpg2" filter="ffdvideodec" />
        <video dxva="true" filter="coreavcvideodec" />
        <video filter="coreavcvideodec" />
      </video>
      <audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
    </rule>

Not sure about the "mpg2" part, may be "mpeg2" or "mpeg", just try

PS: Please enable the debug option. Your log is useless otherwise

Thanks Seb.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
I've try and it say that the filter ffdshowvideodec isn't loaded in dscofig file.
Cangio87 Wrote:I've try and it say that the filter ffdshowvideodec isn't loaded in dscofig file.

Hi,

Could you post your config xml and a debug log on pastebin and post here.

Sorry if you have done this, but I could not find it in the thread.

Cheers

K
oldpainless Wrote:Hi,

Could you post your config xml and a debug log on pastebin and post here.

Sorry if you have done this, but I could not find it in the thread.

Cheers

K

Here's a link to the dsfilter config from earlier in the thread http://pastebin.com/PP8p1Azp
steelman1991 Wrote:Here's a link to the dsfilter config from earlier in the thread http://pastebin.com/PP8p1Azp

Cheers mate.

K
Cangio87 Wrote:I've try and it say that the filter ffdshowvideodec isn't loaded in dscofig file.

When you downloaded and installed the dsplayer build you have, did you choose not to install ffdshow - do you have ffdshow installed on your system?
Yes, no problem:

Here's the screenshot of the error when i play the file:
- http://img522.yfrog.com/i/screenerror.jpg

Here's the dsfilterconfig :
- http://pastebin.com/PP8p1Azp

The log :
- http://pastebin.com/iGmpJX5H

And the debug log :
- http://pastebin.com/ZssbsQEV

These is with my original coreavc setting.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0