• 97(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
Hello guys

since the last update I get using my charter login, "failed to authorize" anybody any ideas what it can be, was working great.

Ron
(2015-07-30, 18:21)toshibanull Wrote:
(2015-07-30, 17:30)Nsx2050 Wrote: Is that the official nbc live sports extra app works fine on Fire TV?

The official NBCSn app works fine for me on FireTv, with SmartDNS on Comcast. Only problem I'm having is being outside the US, I'm having to sideload the app. The APK I have is 4.1.2 and I think 4.2 has been released, so everytime the app opens it wants to update. It's quick to close the dialogue boxes down and after that the app works as normal, just annoying.

APKHotel is showing that NBCSn 4.2 is available, but for some reason it will not let me download it, just says it isn't available.

How are you controlling it when in the app?
(2015-07-30, 21:56)Olliepop Wrote:
(2015-07-30, 14:26)joshclare Wrote: olliepop, please could you pm me your email address as i cannot pm you on here? thanks

What for? Lol

i have previously spoken to you via PM and was after some advise. thank you
(2015-07-31, 11:45)Atron Wrote: Hello guys

since the last update I get using my charter login, "failed to authorize" anybody any ideas what it can be, was working great.

Ron

it can take a couple of goes clear saved data in nbc settings
(2015-07-25, 20:41)bry- Wrote: Eracknaphobia I am trying to send you pm about provider info. Not able to.
Please pm me
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-07-31, 13:16)Jamesp99 Wrote: How are you controlling it when in the app?

I purchased a generic keypad from Ebay which has a mouse pad built in, so if I cannot get to a button on the NBC app with the FireTv remote, I just use the keyboards mouse pad. Cost about £9.
(2015-07-31, 11:45)Atron Wrote: Hello guys

Ron

Hello guys,

got it working again after installing the VPN from smart DNS, was working before ok with just the DNS settings, maybe Charter have blocked Smart DNS ?. Thanks anyway for the hints and ideas. This is my new time consuming hobby ;-))

Ron
I just wanted to clarify something.. the previous version of this Add On worked without any login credentials as these were somehow coded into the addon or a master username/password was used?

Now the addon has been updated everyone who wants to use it to watch 'LIVE" content needs a unique username and password for a US based cable company - is that correct?? (or have I missed something)..

I've got a VPN and DNS setup as I use this for other add ons - but not entirely sure if my assumptions around this addon is correct? - if they are, then realistically you could only use this addon if you were based in the US or at least had a cable subscription in the US??

it's been long day! LOL! - what am I missing?? HuhConfusedBlush
Apple iMac 27" Mid 2010 Model (3.2 GHZ Intel i3 / 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / ATi HD 5670) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
HiMedia Q5 Android TV Box/media streamer = running non-neon XBMC Frodo RC2
ASUS Padfone 2 (64GB with Padstation) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
(2015-07-31, 16:47)pangster Wrote: I just wanted to clarify something.. the previous version of this Add On worked without any login credentials as these were somehow coded into the addon or a master username/password was used?

Now the addon has been updated everyone who wants to use it to watch 'LIVE" content needs a unique username and password for a US based cable company - is that correct?? (or have I missed something)..

I've got a VPN and DNS setup as I use this for other add ons - but not entirely sure if my assumptions around this addon is correct? - if they are, then realistically you could only use this addon if you were based in the US or at least had a cable subscription in the US??

Briefly, to be able to use this addon you need to have a decent VPN or be in the U.S. and have an account from one of the TV providers in the U.S.
(2015-07-31, 17:40)dashtekahe Wrote:
(2015-07-31, 16:47)pangster Wrote: I just wanted to clarify something.. the previous version of this Add On worked without any login credentials as these were somehow coded into the addon or a master username/password was used?

Briefly, to be able to use this addon you need to have a decent VPN or be in the U.S. and have an account from one of the TV providers in the U.S.

thanks for the reply.. I do have a good VPN and DNS so don't have an issue with this.. I can watch the Golf channel and car auctions.. but it appears as though the links which used to work i.e. for the EPL games (including replays don't work) - I've skim read some of the posts which seem to suggest you can now only access/watch these through this add on with a valid US cable subscriber login (which wasn't the case before)... just wondered if I had missed anything as I'm not sure what the appeal would be to anyone outside the US who wouldn't be able to get US cable login details? (the addon automatically seemed to take care of this for you before)
Apple iMac 27" Mid 2010 Model (3.2 GHZ Intel i3 / 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / ATi HD 5670) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
HiMedia Q5 Android TV Box/media streamer = running non-neon XBMC Frodo RC2
ASUS Padfone 2 (64GB with Padstation) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
(2015-07-31, 17:44)pangster Wrote: thanks for the reply.. I do have a good VPN and DNS so don't have an issue with this.. I can watch the Golf channel and car auctions.. but it appears as though the links which used to work i.e. for the EPL games (including replays don't work) - I've skim read some of the posts which seem to suggest you can now only access/watch these through this add on with a valid US cable subscriber login (which wasn't the case before)... just wondered if I had missed anything as I'm not sure what the appeal would be to anyone outside the US who wouldn't be able to get US cable login details? (the addon automatically seemed to take care of this for you before)

The addon used to work without a login, now it doesn't, it has no appeal to anyone outside or inside the US who doesn't have a valid login.

People were pretty lucky last season it worked as it did for so long and should think of it as a nice little bonus that they had, as the saying goes "all good things come to an end"
I am getting mixed results when using this latest update, Comcast Xfinity log in details, and PIA (Private Internet Access VPN).

When accessing the blue (live subscription) links, I am more often than not getting the "Failed to Authorize" error message. If I do get a blue stream to work and then stop the stream I could then get the error. Or I could get the error and then try again x number of times and it could then work. There appears to be no pattern to the streams working / not working.

Is anyone else experiencing these mixed results?

Matt
***Update 2015.7.31 Released ***

- Added Optimum support

Snuck in one more provider before the kodi repo submission
Can we add a specific Full replay video as an "addon favorite"?

A couple of them seem to trigger authorization really good Smile (maybe something to do with their timeouts)
I now have a log file to support my post from earlier, it can be found at the following page:

http://xbmclogs.com/prykmatw1

Thanks
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13