• 99(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
(2016-07-23, 18:36)MrMC Wrote:
(2016-07-23, 17:56)wesk05 Wrote: I just quickly checked the test build. While it does switch refresh rates and resolution, I don't think 4K switch is working correctly. In 4K, the picture is zoomed in and displays only 1/4 of the original. Also, it doesn't output true 23.976. It is just 23.999 (for 24.000).

display/android lies, it's really 23.976. I've checked.

A reference HDMI analyzer seldom lies! What comes out of the HDMI port is that matters. If a HDMI analyzer does not detect 23.976, then a display is never going to detect it. I am seeing the pixel clock frequencies as 74.249MHz (1080p) and 296.980MHz (2160p) instead of 74.175xxxMHz and 296.703xxxMHz resp.

How did you verify the output refresh rate? This is the Fire OS version that I have on my AFTV4K - 5.2.1.0 (550145120). Is this what you also have?
Kernel timing and what the OS thought the time was. This is more important that the absolute rate at which the display is driven. If video content is 23.976 and kernel timing reflects this, then no frame will ever get dropped. The display is driven by the OS timing, not the other way around. And their 'detection' of refresh rate is not an absolute frequency. There is some amount of +/- included to cover clock generation and wander.

Timing the OS retrace flips says 23.976, using the same clock. By tossing in an HDMI analyzer in to the mix, all that means is the absolute hw timing is slightly off in reference to the outside world. No big deal.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-07-23, 19:32)MrMC Wrote: Kernel timing and what the OS thought the time was. This is more important that the absolute rate at which the display is driven. If video content is 23.976 and kernel timing reflects this, then no frame will ever get dropped. The display is driven by the OS timing, not the other way around. And their 'detection' of refresh rate is not an absolute frequency. There is some amount of +/- included to cover clock generation and wander.

Timing the OS retrace flips says 23.976, using the same clock. By tossing in an HDMI analyzer in to the mix, all that means is the absolute hw timing is slightly off in reference to the outside world. No big deal.
23.976 and 24.000 cannot use the same clocks for proper implementation. The clock needs to be changed to 74.250/1.001 (for 1080p) and 297/1.001 (for 2160p). We will wait and see whether users report stutter or not.
Well, according to my reference eyes, 23.976 content on the ATFV2 under MrMC looks quite good.

In fact what really makes me wonder is why the exact same content on the AppleTV4 looks similar. It can't do 24 so the exact same content at 60 'should' have frame drops or 3:2 pulldown effects which I do not see. What magic is Apple doing behind the OpenGL renderer ?
We stopped doing 3:2 pulldown a long time ago. RenderManager is driven by refreshrate and whenever it comes along it uses / asks for a frame. As long as you don't do passthrough - everything should look perfectly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hello,
it´s a long time ago that i used SPMC (XBMC for first XBox) Wink
So i have some questions.

First my Hardware:

- Nvidia Shield TV with latest SPMC
- 4K TV

I used this Settings for 4k
Recommended video settings for SPMC, NVIDIA Shield TV and UHD (4K) TVs with 4K GUI
Is it right that 4K Movies now Play 1:1 without upscaling and 720p / 1080p Movies upscaling to 4K?
Is there an option that i can see the movie resolution and output resolution by playing a movie?

And i install the Aeon Skin under the Skin download option in SPMC.
But it change not the Background picture if i switching to Movie/Picture/Music.......
Is this normal or have i to set it manual for each selection?
With XBMC the Background was switching.

Sorry for my english and questions Wink

Best regards
Chrack2k

Ps. Thanks Koying for dev. the best Media Center to Nvidia Shield Nod
Don´t know if you was an dev. in the good old XBMC times.
(2016-07-23, 20:22)fritsch Wrote: We stopped doing 3:2 pulldown a long time ago. RenderManager is driven by refreshrate and whenever it comes along it uses / asks for a frame. As long as you don't do passthrough - everything should look perfectly.

Never said we were doing it Smile Just saying 23.976 on AppleTV4 'should' show some effect but I'm not seeing it.
(2016-07-23, 19:57)MrMC Wrote: Well, according to my reference eyes, 23.976 content on the ATFV2 under MrMC looks quite good.
It can't do 24 so the exact same content at 60 'should' have frame drops or 3:2 pulldown effects which I do not see.?
Simple. Sensory perception, be it visual, auditory, gustatory, olfactory or tactile is not the same across individuals.
(2016-07-23, 11:43)busta.rhymes Wrote: Could someone answer me a question.
Does the nexus player Run hd audio? And If so what settings?

anybody know the awnser?
(2016-07-23, 22:36)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-07-23, 19:57)MrMC Wrote: Well, according to my reference eyes, 23.976 content on the ATFV2 under MrMC looks quite good.
It can't do 24 so the exact same content at 60 'should' have frame drops or 3:2 pulldown effects which I do not see.?
Simple. Sensory perception, be it visual, auditory, gustatory, olfactory or tactile is not the same across individuals.

Same individual here. Same content, same uhdtv, same environment setup. And I'm pretty attuned to image display/decoding artifacts. I'm also a physicist that routinely measures electrons and x-rays, so I know a bit about handling things that are hard to measure or perceive.
:-) + 1 (not a physicist, but the "small things" I measure are only 1000 times larger)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-07-23, 11:43)busta.rhymes Wrote: Does the nexus player Run hd audio? And If so what settings?

Too soon to call. I suspect it could with Android N, but did not manage, yet.
In 1.6.3 Movies played at 29.940 / 59.940 without error % and 1.6.4 it is 30/60 but error % is fluctuating is that normal ?
(2016-07-24, 11:38)Koying Wrote:
(2016-07-23, 11:43)busta.rhymes Wrote: Does the nexus player Run hd audio? And If so what settings?

Too soon to call. I suspect it could with Android N, but did not manage, yet.

I can pass-through DTS-HD MA and Dolby-TrueHD on my Nexus Player(v6.0.1).
This is what I get on the Nexus Player with Android N DP5 (NPD90G)

SPMC 16.4.0, Denon X6200WA AVR (7.1.4)
Raw Passthrough:
Dolby TrueHD - LPCM 5.1/7.1
DTS-HD Master Audio - DTS Core
Dolby Atmos - LPCM 7.1
DTS:X - DTS Core
Dolby Digital Plus - Stereo

IEC Passthrough:
Dolby TrueHD - No audio
DTS-HD Master Audio - No audio
Dolby Atmos - No audio
DTS:X - No audio
Dolby Digital Plus - 5.1/7.1 passthrough

On Kodi 17 alpha nighlty build, results are similar to Raw passthrough except for Dolby Digital Plus which is decoded to LPCM 5.1/7.1.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166